Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2006, 13:05   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
And yes I wil agree to your statement and clear your doubt. Neither maruti baleno, nor Mitsubishi lancer have a place in todays market. A fact I have screamed multiple times before. Still you recommend a Baleno while I dont recommend a mitsubishi Lancer
Well, it is for the consumers to decide whether a car has a place in today's market or not. Cars like the Baleno and the Esteem have been here for 7 and 12 years resp. and if they still see sales of 10K and 20K, it points out the lack of options for consumers in those segments. So instead of screaming for discontinuing these cars, maybe it would do a whole lot of good if you used your energy to exhort the competition to bring in new cars which could pose a serious threat to the older cars and thereby ensuring their demise.
Even as recent as a few weeks back you were recommending the Lancer to one-and-all, but then nobody was even remotely interested and I guess you have given up.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 17:07   #32
BHPian
 
naveendhyani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 542
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

for petrols
hatch back : swift
saloon : baleno

diesels
hatch back : palio
saloon : adventure
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 21:54   #33
BHPian
 
Minardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

adventure in only in estate/petrol version
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2006, 23:02   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Well, it is for the consumers to decide whether a car has a place in today's market or not. Cars like the Baleno and the Esteem have been here for 7 and 12 years resp. and if they still see sales of 10K and 20K, it points out the lack of options for consumers in those segments. So instead of screaming for discontinuing these cars, maybe it would do a whole lot of good if you used your energy to exhort the competition to bring in new cars which could pose a serious threat to the older cars and thereby ensuring their demise.
Even as recent as a few weeks back you were recommending the Lancer to one-and-all, but then nobody was even remotely interested and I guess you have given up.
Doesnt mean maruti has the right to keep selling Old models. even Suzuki pakistan got Liana now.

YEs I recommended lancer coz its still a newer car than baleno. And a better option according to me. Am not recommending any and neither am I supporting baleno coz there is a time and place for each and everything.

And you better cut the crap and stick to the topic.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 12th June 2006 at 23:05.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 10:57   #35
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Forgot to metion the discounts in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Now for the prices
Petra ELX - 6L OTR
Perta D ELX - 6.5L OTR
With a discount of 15k. Does anybody know if I can get a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer

Prices -
Indigo LX - 5.8L OTR
Indigo SX - 6.8L OTR
with a discount of 17k.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 11:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

@windsurfer; can you tell if you are looking at a petrol car or a diesel car? If its gonna be a petrol; teh Petra it should be!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 12:49   #37
BHPian
 
arif_t01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum, Ker
Posts: 228
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Thanks for your response guys. I think i am dropping fusion from my list. Though it's a great car but due to low sales,i will have problem with spares. Don't want to get stuck with a great car waiting for spares.
i think you are wrong about fusion......fusion Tdci is scheduled to be launched in 2-3 months, so sales will increase (case point - fiesta Tdci, almost 70% of total fiesta sales).......so nothing to worry about that

Quote:
windsurfer
My Indica usage is about 2.5-3.5k per month. I don't hit highway very frequently. Say once in 2 months. What do u suggest? I wanted to go for Petrol for performance but I am getting scared with prices going up all the time.
2.5k-3.5k per month and you are thinking of going for petrol
the best option for you is a crdi engine......but alas accent crdi or fiesta tdci will not come under your budget.......but if you can wait for 2-3 months, you'll have a good choice - fusion tdci @ around 6L, thanks to the excise cut.....but if you can wait a little longer (next year), you'll have the crdi engine option in swift, palio, petra, indigo, indica, getz, etc.....but fusion will be better than all the other B+ hatchbacks considering the fact that it has a decent amount of boot space and the engine is perfect for city driving, even though on the highway you'll wish you had more power! i have a fiesta tdci and gets around 14 & 19 with A/C on the city and highway resp.......the gear is a delight to shift and the A/C is quite powerful that you wish you had Automatic Climate Control! i think you should wait for the fusion tdci
arif_t01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 14:42   #38
BHPian
 
sivadas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 487
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Hi guys,
Which car performs better Petra D or Indigo D? Petra D produces only 63 bhp. Is 63 bhp enough for such a heavy car? I don't want to end up with a sluggish car in the city traffic.
If possible, please get a copy of last month's Topgear magazine. It has a 'shootout' between, Indigo, Petra D and Fiesta TDCI.
Fiesta is the clear winner except in the case of price.
Indigo comes second because of better interiors and goodies that comes with it.
Though overall rated third, Petra is real VFM according to Topgear.
And regarding performance, forget BHP figures; Petra beats Indigo convincingly.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 16:05   #39
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
@windsurfer; can you tell if you are looking at a petrol car or a diesel car? If its gonna be a petrol; teh Petra it should be!
Sorry about that. Still deciding on that. scared about the petrol prices.
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 16:09   #40
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01
i think you are wrong about fusion......fusion Tdci is scheduled to be launched in 2-3 months, so sales will increase (case point - fiesta Tdci, almost 70% of total fiesta sales).......so nothing to worry about that



2.5k-3.5k per month and you are thinking of going for petrol
the best option for you is a crdi engine......but alas accent crdi or fiesta tdci will not come under your budget.......but if you can wait for 2-3 months, you'll have a good choice - fusion tdci @ around 6L, thanks to the excise cut.....but if you can wait a little longer (next year), you'll have the crdi engine option in swift, palio, petra, indigo, indica, getz, etc.....but fusion will be better than all the other B+ hatchbacks considering the fact that it has a decent amount of boot space and the engine is perfect for city driving, even though on the highway you'll wish you had more power! i have a fiesta tdci and gets around 14 & 19 with A/C on the city and highway resp.......the gear is a delight to shift and the A/C is quite powerful that you wish you had Automatic Climate Control! i think you should wait for the fusion tdci
Now you have confused me more!!!!
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 16:13   #41
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Is it true that even Petra ELX does not have a rear wash and wipe?
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 16:29   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Is it true that even Petra ELX does not have a rear wash and wipe?
Sedans dont normally have rear wash and wipe unless they are notchbacks like the Accent Viva and the Skoda Octavia where the rear windshields have a less upright slant (compared to regular saloons) that does not allow water drops to drain away quickly.

Hatches need the rear wash and wipe function (as do SUVs) even though their windshields are upright, because the windflow is such that all the air (and water contained therein) that passes over and around the car then turn around and get pushed back into the tailgate (because thats how the airflow is). Therefore muck tends to accumulate more on the backsides of SUVs and Hatchbacks. Especially in the rains, making rear vision difficult.

CAVEAT - This is based on what I have observed and learnt, not on scientifically proven research.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2006, 17:37   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

For your budget and requirements, Petra is the best bet in both Petrol and Diesel versions. Go Ahead!!!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 12:51   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 174
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

With the Kms you are clocking every month would suggest a diesel option. Petrol prices will again head northwards in a few months time. If you ar egoing to clock less than 2K Kms/month then consider a petrol.

Diesel - Hyundai Accent CRDi

Petrol - Baleno all the way (About 5.60 OTR for the Lxi)
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 12:59   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hatches need the rear wash and wipe function (as do SUVs) even though their windshields are upright, because the windflow is such that all the air (and water contained therein) that passes over and around the car then turn around and get pushed back into the tailgate (because thats how the airflow is). Therefore muck tends to accumulate more on the backsides of SUVs and Hatchbacks. Especially in the rains, making rear vision difficult..
You are so right. I completely agree with you. In last 1.5 year, I never required a rear wiper. All I need is rear defogger, which is there on my EL model.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car runs over a stone- Dent below the door, Help needed akshay_b Modifications & Accessories 41 1st July 2017 18:51
Help decide a car for parents chevelle Sedans 99 24th November 2010 19:44
Help me decide - Dealer is selling me a car that I had rejected in the first place. hdi_pro Indian Car Dealerships 42 2nd April 2009 11:04
Help me decide on my next car. kaushik_s Sedans 31 3rd September 2007 22:09
Big car dilemma, help me decide fast!! karthik247 Sedans 17 1st July 2006 12:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks