BANNED

Default Baleno Lxi / Accent Viva Crdi / Honda City Zx

Guys,

Help me decide between these:

1. Baleno Lxi
2. Accent Viva Crdi
3. Honda City Zx

How much i drive?

1. Daily 32 Kms from home to work ( i.e. 16 Kms one side ) - will diesel make sense? As i will go on highways may be once in 6 months.... Also on same lines is it worth to buy Viva or if one wants hyundai diesel; waiting for Verna is recommended?
2. Between petrol cars which is a better buy between Baleno and City considering the FE and future maintaince cost.... City is above my budget but if it is the best buy i can stretch it out....

Apart from the above if you have any other best buy recommendation; do let me know.

Thanks,
Udit
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 10:24   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well it primararily boils down to whether u like the baleno, though a lot of them classify it as outdated and boring to look .. Like another member pointed out , if u want to impress urself go ahead and get urself a baleno .. If u are the show off types stay away from it ..

Both the baleno and the city zx have pretty cheap maintainance costs and with their wide dealership network service should never be a problem ..

However , the NHC is more FE than the baleno both where i found the baleno to be better is under normal cruising conditions because of the low end torque and the peppier engine/comfy seats .. With regard to safety the NHC is considered to be better , has a newer look added to it ..

Arent u interested in checking out the fiesta and the aveo ?? At a price lesser than the city they might prove a right compromise on ur pockets too .. If ur concern is newer look , safety, better FE added to the honda badging go ahead and buy the city , if not im sure u cant go wrong with the choice of a baleno either ..

PS : Before taking a call based on a 3rd parties advise its better u test drive the city, aveo , fiesta and the baleno and then take a pick ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th June 2006 at 10:26.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 11:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
PS : Before taking a call based on a 3rd parties advise its better u test drive the city, aveo , fiesta and the baleno and then take a pick ..
Well said Mclaren !

It is down to your own choice - none of them are bad cars. Some are better than others in different parameters:

City - FE and Quality
Aveo - interiors and comfort
Fiesta - handling and peppness (1.6) Fuel economy - diesel
Baleno - Power, value for money, reasonable running costs, service network - does most things well, nothing badly...but it's butt...............

Don't expect the Aveo and Fiesta to hold its value compared to the City and Baleno (now that it's price is very accessible)
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 12:20   #4
BANNED

Thanks guys... i really dont find Baleno bad in looks.... it looks royale to me.... what say guys
Old 15th June 2006, 14:45   #5
BHPian

Well, that makes us the two of us. I like the way the Baleno looks and I am completely in love with the driving position. Very sporty.

Buy the Lxi upgrade to wider tyres, put the spoiler, a decent ICE & you are ready to rock.

Cheers!

kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 14:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Thanks guys... i really dont find Baleno bad in looks.... it looks royale to me.... what say guys
I find the look of a Baleno very Corporate in nature
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 22:01   #7
BANNED

Guys,

you did not tell me about Viva? is it a good car?