Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 27th September 2013, 17:39   #76

Moderator note: Post EDITED. Please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead of creating back to back post. Punctuation s help with readability of the posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on your booking !! So what is the waiting time on the petrol variant. Which dealer did you book with ?

========
Once delivered do start an ownership thread for your car.

Cheers
Thanks, have booked with AAA will take delivery in mid of OCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations for the Swift ZXi. Nice decision.

Would you mind to share the other details like Color, On the Road price, discounts, Freebies and expected delivery date!

Anurag.
Thanks, silver 6.25lacs on road after discounting, am taking delivery in mid of Oct.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2013 at 18:14.
Old 27th September 2013, 18:53   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Want To Buy New Car ----- Plz Suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post
Cons of Swift:
It is just too common.
In a way, this can be a Pro because you can get accessories for it fairly easily. If the side mirror breaks off, there are no-name brands; if a biker smashes into one of the tail lights, there's a greater chance of finding a replacement from a salvaged vehicle.

With the way we have traffic in India, anything you do to repair the exterior of the vehicle barely lasts a week, so might as well save on the parts and be more polite to the other vehicle owner - "Glad you are okay. Don't worry about repairs to my car. Drive carefully, and stay safe. Good bye!"
Just last week, a Corolla and another vehicle had an accident and the driver of the other vehicle ran over and punched the Corolla driver in the face. All that over a traffic accident? Must be because of expensive spares.
Old 27th September 2013, 21:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
In a way, this can be a Pro because you can get accessories for it fairly easily.
Yes; if you talk purely in terms of the ownership experience of a popular car, you are somewhat correct. But then, there is one big disadvantage; as your car is quite popular and commands a high resale value, it becomes a favorite among thieves too!

Quote:
Just last week, a Corolla and another vehicle had an accident and the driver of the other vehicle ran over and punched the Corolla driver in the face. All that over a traffic accident? Must be because of expensive spares.
I do not think it is possible to relate road rage to expensive spares. If my car gets hit by someone else for no reason of mine, do you really think the first thing that will come to my mind are the repair costs? I think not.

Road rage is the culmination of numerous reasons and the dent work involved after a crash is just one of them. As much as we love cars, we must remember that they are machines after all and are meant to protect us from harm. Punching someone else just because of an accident is not just unethical, it is inhumane IMO.
mohitk1993 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 10:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
But then, there is one big disadvantage; as your car is quite popular and commands a high resale value, it becomes a favorite among thieves too!
Silicon India has an article with a list of most stolen vehicles in Mumbai, and it seems to reflect the demand in the used car market - Maruti Esteems and Mahindra Boleros are in their list:
http://www.siliconindia.com/news/lif...18-cid-51.html

I'm surprised they don't have Maruti Swifts on the list - these are so common on the streets that you can measure traffic in Swifts per minute
Old 29th September 2013, 08:50   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In a way, this can be a Pro because you can get accessories for it fairly easily. If the side mirror breaks off, there are no-name brands; if a biker smashes into one of the tail lights, there's a greater chance of finding a replacement from a salvaged vehicle.

With the way we have traffic in India, anything you do to repair the exterior of the vehicle barely lasts a week, so might as well save on the parts.
@Friends9811, hi, I agree with nitin, Delhi/NCR is a hub for car parts. Any repairing job to a common looking car is less expensive as compared to an exclusive ride. Moreover, buying something new or exclusive would have made you seek knowledge about its spares and the service networking in the initial stage. I believe Swift Zxi is a practical, precise and justified decision on your part keeping in mind your daily usage and in terms of maintenance. Also the choice of color is good since its easier to clean and maintain. Hope to see your ride soon buddy.

thanks

AD
Old 6th October 2013, 16:06   #81
BHPian

My friend was looking for compact petrol sedan and booked Amaze in August, but now the sad part is that the dealer is saying that come December only he will be able to provide him a timeframe for delivery!
We were discussing about alternatives but could not find a worthy replacement which is available faster :(

His requirements are:
1. Not too dull to drive
2. Budget up to 8 may be 9 lacks
3. ABS & airbags
4. Prefers sedans

The ones ruled out are;
Ecosport- even longer wait times
VSwift dezire
VW/skoda cars
Ford classic
Fiat & Tata cars

Is there a better option than to wait for the Amaze?
Old 7th October 2013, 21:49   #82
BHPian

Chevrolet Sail sedan or the Toyota Etios maybe? Not sure whether these are too dull to drive or not.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 22:30   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
My friend was looking for compact petrol sedan and booked Amaze in August, but now the sad part is that the dealer is saying that come December only he will be able to provide him a timeframe for delivery!
Considering the aforementioned requirements, I suggest he gets himself a new Honda City. ABS and Airbags are available in all versions and the E variant might just squeeze into his budget. Considering the fact that the current model is about to be replaced with a new one, it's available off the shelf and the dealer might just offer him a fantastic deal too.

Your friend can also consider the Toyota Etios as well. The latest seems to have pretty decent interiors and going by the ownership reviews, many gremlins associated with the first few batches seems to be sorted out too.

PS: Any specific reason for not considering the Dzire?

Last edited by mohitk1993 : 7th October 2013 at 22:33.
mohitk1993 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 07:46   #84
BHPian

Thanks Naresh & Mohit
Will check if city can be had within his budget. Its the boot of dzire that keeping him away from it till now.
Not interested in Etios & sail sedan.

Well I guess that leaves city & dzire (if he manages to compromise on the boot looks)
Old 8th October 2013, 08:31   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naresh & Mohit
Will check if city can be had within his budget. Its the boot of dzire that keeping him away from it till now.

Well I guess that leaves city & dzire (if he manages to compromise on the boot looks)
I would recommend the Dzire or the Etios as both are well established in the segment with great reliability and fuel efficiency. Not sluggish to drive and does maintain the intended line.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 09:52   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the aforementioned requirements, I suggest he gets himself a new Honda City. ABS and Airbags are available in all versions and the E variant might just squeeze into his budget.

Your friend can also consider the Toyota Etios as well. The latest seems to have pretty decent interiors and going by the ownership reviews, many gremlins associated with the first few batches seems to be sorted out too.

PS: Any specific reason for not considering the Dzire?
Quote:
Thanks Naresh & Mohit

City is a very good suggestion. Couple of months back for my brother in law, we were able to negotiate a deal for 9.5 lakhs for the City E variant with some freebies like Reverse sensors thrown in. This was in Bangalore, Prices in Kerala will definitely be lower than Bangalore due to the lesser taxes, and considering that now it is official that they are clearing out stock and it is festive season, pretty sure you can get it close to 9 Lakhs on road.

Note: I am not sure if City will qualify in the 'fun to drive' criteria'

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 8th October 2013 at 09:55. Reason: additional content
Old 8th October 2013, 13:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Note: I am not sure if City will qualify in the 'fun to drive' criteria'
Yes. If we speak purely in terms of driving thrills, the City is nowhere close to the Fiesta and the Linea T-Jet. However, of all the cars available in his budget that have not already been eliminated, its the 'most' fun to drive vehicle available. :-)

I just did some rough calculations on the back of my mind. Considering the numerous discounts running on the City currently, the price difference between the City E and the Amaze VX comes out to be roughly 1.00 lakh OTR. I think that is a reasonable amount for a car that is much better overall. Save for the alloys, you seem to have an almost similar feature list as well. Also, considering the masses' fascination with the City brand, I'm sure he will recover the additional amount in resale anyways.
Closed Thread