Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 10:39   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,760
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Hi
I'm planning to upgrade from Fusion/Fiesta to higher segment. Some decision points are:
1. Needs to be Diesel
2. Now since my daily drive in gurgaon is 25 kms a day with relatively less traffic vs mumbai, Auto is not mandatory
3. Car needs to have a road presence and prestige associated with it
4. Budget around 16-17L
5. Self-driven all the time hence front seat comfort and gizmos matter a lot

Choices I have narrowed down to:

Used 3 Series BMW (no earlier than 2011): I love the looks of this car, monaco blue blows me away. Performance wise I believe its a drivers car though I have never TD this car.

Downsides:
1. Service and Maintenance Cost unknown to me and a few a few threads have very little info. It looks that one must have the BMW secure/BSI for peace of mind as some parts are very expensive. Don't know if BSI it can be availed on used cars and at what cost
2. Spare parts availability and downtime
3. Lack of features vs the Elantra
4. High Rate of interest on Car Loan (16-17%)

New Elantra
The Car looks good except the rear which is just ok. Loaded with features and dynamics are pretty good. It will have a great resale value and being a new car, it wont suck me dry on maintenance. Easy on loan.

Downsides
1. Not comparable to a PreOwned 3 series in terms of sheer joy

To add to my dilemma, there are hardly any ownership threads of the new Elantra.

Mrs is all confused on why the hell we need one more car
Simple, if you like enthusiastic driving, consider the E90. If you drive peacefully in a relaxed manner you will not be doing the BMW justice and it probably makes more sense to get the extra comfort from the Elantra.

Now a 2011 E90 will be difficult to get in your budget. My suggestion is look at 2010 cars also, these cars do not age fast and pay more attention to the odo reading than the year it was built in.

It is reasonably reliable provided its not been abused. Getting one with BSI will be great, otherwise if you buy from BMW pre owned you can avail of a 2 year BSI if I'm not mistaken.

Services will be around 30k per service once a year.

Look at the highline and it doesn't really miss out on any features compared to the Elantra besides the cooled front seats.

The Elantra will not give you much prestige, nor a great driving experience. I am unsure how Hyundai treats its premium customers when it comes to after sales.

The other option is the Octavia, Skoda is considered a premium brand here, the car will give you the European driving experience, and if you can manage the Elegance you get lots of features. I think this would be a best bet as a compromise between your head and your heart.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 11:10   #32
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

It is reasonably reliable provided its not been abused. Getting one with BSI will be great, otherwise if you buy from BMW pre owned you can avail of a 2 year BSI if I'm not mistaken.
BMW premium selection offers only two years warranty and not BSI. They charge a flat 1.4L for two years warranty on any used 3 series.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 11:27   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,624 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

BMW premium selection offers only two years warranty and not BSI. They charge a flat 1.4L for two years warranty on any used 3 series.
And is the warranty cover comprehensive? I am sure a lot of parts will be labelled as "wear and tear" parts and billed to the customer in case something fails.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 11:48   #34
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

And is the warranty cover comprehensive? I am sure a lot of parts will be labelled as "wear and tear" parts and billed to the customer in case something fails.
I believe it is. The SA told me that warranty does not cover battery, tyres, alloys and brake pads/disc.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 14:23   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

I used to be a very satisfied owner of an earlier model of Elantra CRDi who got fed-up waiting for the new Elantra launch in India and brought a new 320D in 2012 (earlier model). Experience behind the steering wheel, Elantra won’t be comparable with a BMW. But if you are planning for a 2nd hand BMW, I would suggest never ever think of owning one without BSI, repair if any can set you back even by lakhs easily. Other areas that will be expensive with a Beemer are Tyres : Run flat will cost you around 85K for four (yes, its only 4 and you may start missing the protection of the step-in tyre on long drives) and Annual insurance can be close to 80 K (with zero deprecation cover), this is assuming your service and other maintenance is covered by BSI.

Cost that I would have incurred in not BSI and Zero depreciation policy in last 1.5 years is Windshield replacement – 80K, Left Running Board replacement/Painting : 28K, 1st Service around 20K, with the cover, I had paid around 2 to 3 K for claim charges and some tax for paint

All said and done, Beemer is Beemer and you being a passionate driver – want to follow the Heart, then it is the Beemer
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:34   #36
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 735
Thanked: 1,180 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

My brother was having the same question, but finally choose an Elantra over a pre-owned car. The delivery is scheduled for the 29th of this month from Hyundai Motor Plaza. His average city driving will be 25000kms in a year. We had done a lot of due diligence and spoke to a couple of customers, who own a BMW as well as car leasing companies. The cost of maintenance is much higher when compared to an Elantra. Moreover, with Hyundai we were confident of better service. We were told that Elantra Diesel will have a much better resale value after five years compared to its petrol sibling.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 23:23   #37
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Seriously consider the Elantra. Seems to be an overall better option compared to a pre-owned 3 which might be a stretch on the budget thanks to the A.S.S/ B.S.i...whatever it is.
Yea, so the elantra wont offer you the driving pleasure of the 3 agreed but on most other occasions itl be as good a car with more features, better comfort dare i say & of course lighter on the pocket as far as A.S.S is concerned.
You might also want to have a look at the Octavia. Its a truly brilliant car.
As far as Skoda after sales is concerned, they have seriously improved IMO.
My second year with a Laura L&K and let me tell you they have been VERY GOOD and prompt consistently.
Good luck !
Elantra is the Logical choice. Its like the arranged marriage where the prospective bride/groom is the perfect choice and ticks all the boxes where as 320D is where yr heart lies - on the wild side!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Elantra lacks FTD factor and pre-owned Germans are bound to have issues. What are your other options?
New 3 series after a few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Look out for the previous generation Jetta. Those that are 2011 buy. These cars have 4 years warranty which takes care of your requirement till 2015 and most importantly they are going in used market with minimal use at less than 10L.

You still have 6L to spend on any issues that may creep up from now till another 2 years or so and yet the car is fully loaded and i own one

I have seen these cars with very minimal mileage and available for sale and they are loaded with safety features and are pretty decent drivers car.

If budget is extendable, try searching for a MIni. I love mini and i will probably get one down the line just for the fun driving factor. Its super fun to drive a mini in a traffic prone city. Its like driving a turbo charged Alto from from factor but high quality build and safety.
I have narrowed down my choices to Elantra and 3 Series. Not exploring other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Sharadmumbai, If I may drop in a word of advice, I have been driving a Mercedes E270 CDI since 2005 and I am a huge Hyundai Fan, I have had 12 hyundai's in my house over the last 11 years.
***************** Also there is lesser chance of your Elantra being vandalized by random people.
Tks for sharing yr experience VellVector. I think your advice translates that I should look for a new one and it must with a BSI and a zero dep cover.
Point about random vandalisation is very scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Simple, if you like enthusiastic driving, consider the E90. If you drive peacefully in a relaxed manner you will not be doing the BMW justice and it probably makes more sense to get the extra comfort from the Elantra.

Now a 2011 E90 will be difficult to get in your budget. My suggestion is look at 2010 cars also, these cars do not age fast and pay more attention to the odo reading than the year it was built in.

It is reasonably reliable provided its not been abused. Getting one with BSI will be great, otherwise if you buy from BMW pre owned you can avail of a 2 year BSI if I'm not mistaken.

Services will be around 30k per service once a year.

Look at the highline and it doesn't really miss out on any features compared to the Elantra besides the cooled front seats.

The Elantra will not give you much prestige, nor a great driving experience. I am unsure how Hyundai treats its premium customers when it comes to after sales.

The other option is the Octavia, Skoda is considered a premium brand here, the car will give you the European driving experience, and if you can manage the Elegance you get lots of features. I think this would be a best bet as a compromise between your head and your heart.
I love driving and maybe i have had drivers for max 15 days all put together in my 15 years of driving. So I would be sitting behind the wheel all the time...
I'm looking at newer cars as I can buy 5 year/60K BSI and lose not more than 2 years on this 5 years as BSI is counted from date of first purchase.
I'll stay away from Skoda as already explained earlier in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I used to be a very satisfied owner of an earlier model of Elantra CRDi who got fed-up waiting for the new Elantra launch in India and brought a new 320D in 2012 (earlier model). Experience behind the steering wheel, Elantra won’t be comparable with a BMW. But if you are planning for a 2nd hand BMW, I would suggest never ever think of owning one without BSI, repair if any can set you back even by lakhs easily. Other areas that will be expensive with a Beemer are Tyres : Run flat will cost you around 85K for four (yes, its only 4 and you may start missing the protection of the step-in tyre on long drives) and Annual insurance can be close to 80 K (with zero deprecation cover), this is assuming your service and other maintenance is covered by BSI.

Cost that I would have incurred in not BSI and Zero depreciation policy in last 1.5 years is Windshield replacement – 80K, Left Running Board replacement/Painting : 28K, 1st Service around 20K, with the cover, I had paid around 2 to 3 K for claim charges and some tax for paint

All said and done, Beemer is Beemer and you being a passionate driver – want to follow the Heart, then it is the Beemer
BMW will be costly affair is understood. However, if these costs are considered in the buying price, then it wont come as a surprise even if its a used BMW option
Also, can u clarify if you had taken the BSI or not?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
My brother was having the same question, but finally choose an Elantra over a pre-owned car. The delivery is scheduled for the 29th of this month from Hyundai Motor Plaza. His average city driving will be 25000kms in a year. We had done a lot of due diligence and spoke to a couple of customers, who own a BMW as well as car leasing companies. The cost of maintenance is much higher when compared to an Elantra. Moreover, with Hyundai we were confident of better service. We were told that Elantra Diesel will have a much better resale value after five years compared to its petrol sibling.
Elantra is the logical choice especially for the kind of running mentioned by you and for this mileage, BMW will be very expensive as in the same time frame you will require tyre changes every year and a half as well as 2 services a year.

Last edited by sharadmumbai : 26th November 2013 at 23:26.
sharadmumbai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 14:30   #38
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post


BMW will be costly affair is understood. However, if these costs are considered in the buying price, then it wont come as a surprise even if its a used BMW option
Also, can u clarify if you had taken the BSI or not?
I have taken BSI for 3 years, can't imagine running it without this package.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 10:29   #39
BHPian
 
johannskaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MH 03 / KL 08
Posts: 676
Thanked: 1,535 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Used 3 Series BMW (no earlier than 2011): I love the looks of this car, monaco blue blows me away. Performance wise I believe its a drivers car though I have never TD this car.

Downsides:
1. Service and Maintenance Cost unknown to me and a few a few threads have very little info. It looks that one must have the BMW secure/BSI for peace of mind as some parts are very expensive. Don't know if BSI it can be availed on used cars and at what cost
2. Spare parts availability and downtime
3. Lack of features vs the Elantra
4. High Rate of interest on Car Loan (16-17%)

New Elantra
The Car looks good except the rear which is just ok. Loaded with features and dynamics are pretty good. It will have a great resale value and being a new car, it wont suck me dry on maintenance. Easy on loan.
I would agree to the fellow members and say please only go for the 3/X1 with warranty even though it extends your budget by a bit. Peace of mind guaranteed !
And it would be better if you stay off the used car finances, as the higher finance cost and the greater depreciation make it financially unviable. Only go for it if you can fund it from other resources!

On the Elantra the car looks absolutely good no doubt.
But please don't go for it on the assumption that it will hold value come resale.May it be Petrol/Diesel. It is highly unlikely! (Result of experiences from reselling family's Hyundai big cars)

Last edited by johannskaria : 28th November 2013 at 10:37.
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 20:15   #40
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Update:

After hours of surfing for old Bimmers and visits to Audi/Merc/Hyundai and BMW showrooms, following facts emerged:

1. Pre owned 3 Series were between 15-18L for around 30-60k on the Odo and make 2009-2011 without any BSI and devoid of company warranty

2. It was very clear from the advice on this forum and elsewhere that without a BSI and warranty, there is a huge risk.

3. Visit to hyundai showroom proved a dampner as I didn't like the Elantra upclose vs what I had seen on the road.

So Practically the Options I had mentioned on the heading of this thread actually went out of the window as Destiny had something else in place

I checked out year end Offers from the BMW showroom in gurgaon but nothing great on 3 series at the start of the month.
I just decided to check out the offers on 3 series on 29th Dec, Sunday.
I was offered a great deal instead on X1 on pre-budget cars which they had in stock.
Also, with the better ground clearance and higher stance, i felt that X1 is a very good bet and a test drive sealed the issue.
The offer was a massive discount and FREE BSI Plus for 3 years. If I add around 2.2 L worth of BSI and cost of spares etc on the Pre Owned 3 Series for 3 years, the Gap between the New X1 and Pre Owned 3 series was only few lakhs

I negotiated with them and finally we agreed on a price on 30th, Monday afternoon. However, they dealership came back to me saying that systems were closed and offer cant be given to me. It was ridiculous as a true sales person will never let go of a sure sale. This is where the dealership really lacked.
Meanwhile in a twist, my wife who was in Jaipur decided to take a TD herself and check out the colors called the local Jaipur dealership.
Those guys got a whiff that while I was in Gurgaon, the car can also be bought in Jaipur as my wife is from there.
They really followed up and got the offer opened up till 11 am on 31st for me but their offer was a Lakh rupee expensive than in Gurgaon.
When i told the Gurgaon dealership about this, then they also confirmed that they can extend the offer till next day. Imagine a customer following up with the dealership whereas it should have been other way round!!!!!
So i went early morning to the dealership with the cheque book and all my documents.
I was negotiating the exchange offer with them as I had an MH vehicle which they refused to purchase as 1 L exchange bonus was on stake.
Then suddenly at 11 am they came up to me and told that the system is closed and they cant do the billing and anyways they take more than 24 hrs to process the finances.

I told them that they wasted my time and they lacked the aggression to close a sale standing in their showroom where as guys in Jaipur were constantly calling me. I felt that dealership is more of an office vs a real dealership.

I walked out from the showroom with no effort from the showroom team to still make a last ditch effort to call the superiors or the highest authority to make an exception!!!

Meanwhile the Jaipur Dealer - Where the owner himself was following up closed the OTR gap to 10k and told me that they will give a brand new X1 and not a 8 month old vehicle. This is when I decided to buy from them.
They also activated the BSI plus for me courtesy the Owner himself speaking directly to BMW.

So finally I have booked a New X1 in Valencia Orange in the base model with RJ registration.

My Total outflow is under 27L with 3 years BSI plus free and 2014 registration.

What do all of you think? Is it a good deal worth to have gone through the pain?

Any advice between now and the delivery on tyres/accesories etc which I should ask from the dealership?
Also, Shall I be going for paint protection or any other coatings etc? I dont know about this at all and it will greatly help me.
sharadmumbai is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 20:57   #41
BHPian
 
ahmad.007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 216
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Update:

After hours of surfing for old Bimmers and visits to Audi/Merc/Hyundai and BMW showrooms, following facts emerged.....
Congratulations on the beemer.
I think you got a good offer for the brand new car. And yes, the BSI is a must. Can you ask them to give you the 3 lakh one? That would still be better.

Strange thing, today I drove the X1 for the first time and it kinda blew me away! The diesel is mighty muscular and the auto is quick. Coincidently a friend came over who owns an Elantra (petrol top model). After back to back test drives let me tell you my experience.
The Elantra is nowhere close to X1 in the FTD factor. X1 ate the Elantra alive on the performance front.
But got to say, on the overall quality of the interiors, features, space and stuff, the Elantra just threw the X1 out of the water. I mean whether its ventilated seats, or the sheer amount of space, or the soft touch plastic, the BMW just could not hold a candle to Elantra in that department, and I mean it.
And got to say, the X1's diesel sounds very "truck" like and unrefined. Though insulation is good, but still, even at 40-50 kmph (1000-1200 rpm) the noise levels are on the higher side. So it was not that good of a experience driving it slow.

Anyways congrats. The way this baby Beemer pulls just makes you forget everything else.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 21:18   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,624 Times
Default Re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Amazing deal you got there man. And with the BSI you are secure too. You can always ask them extend it further by paying the differential amount. Infact why not do it from the start and opt directly for the 5 year pack.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the gurgaon dealer. Its shocking that they don't want to close a deal. My friend booked a 3 series from them in the last week of december. Even that time I did feel that they were not very keen on selling the car. The SA indicated a couple of times that the current offers by BMW are not proving to be of any benefit to the dealer and that there margins are being narrowed. Nevertheless feels strange when a premium car dealer is not keen on closing a deal specially in this slowing car industry of ours.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 21:37   #43
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 735
Thanked: 1,180 Times
Default Re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Congrats Sharad on your new booking. It always makes a lot of sense to buy a new car especially when they are high end cars. Do take the maximum warranty on the car that is available even if you have to shell out some extra cash for it. This will give you a lot of piece of mind.

Have read and heard about this Gurgaon dealer from a lot of people. I wonder if they are not interested in grabbing sure sale why are they into this business?

Anyways, all the very best and do post the pictures, when you get the delivery of the car.
mints21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 22:26   #44
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Congratulations on the beemer.
I think you got a good offer for the brand new car. And yes, the BSI is a must. Can you ask them to give you the 3 lakh one? That would still be better.

Strange ************
The Elantra is nowhere close to X1 in the FTD factor. X1 ate the Elantra alive on the performance front.
But got to say, on the overall quality of the interiors, features, space and stuff, the Elantra just threw the X1 out of the water. I mean whether its ventilated seats, or the sheer amount of space, or the soft touch plastic, the BMW just could not hold a candle to Elantra in that department, and I mean it.
And got to say, the X1's diesel sounds very "truck" like and unrefined. Though insulation is good, but still, even at 40-50 kmph (1000-1200 rpm) the noise levels are on the higher side. So it was not that good of a experience driving it slow.

Anyways congrats. The way this baby Beemer pulls just makes you forget everything else.
The BSI can be upgraded at any point in time till previous one hasn't lapsed. So Ill surely extend it when time comes

In terms of features, Elantra offers way more especially in terms of ventilated seats, key less entry etc. But the 184 horses of X1 mated with 8 speed autobox leave everything else behind. Since this will be self driven all the time, FTD factor had a much higher weightage.
About the noise, I didn't found it noisy during my TD and in fact in cabin insulation is superb. Maybe the TD car could have had some issues.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Amazing deal you got there man. And with the BSI you are secure too. You can always ask them extend it further by paying the differential amount. Infact why not do it from the start and opt directly for the 5 year pack.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the gurgaon dealer. Its shocking that they don't want to close a deal. My friend booked a 3 series from them in the last week of december. Even that time I did feel that they were not very keen on selling the car. The SA indicated a couple of times that the current offers by BMW are not proving to be of any benefit to the dealer and that there margins are being narrowed. Nevertheless feels strange when a premium car dealer is not keen on closing a deal specially in this slowing car industry of ours.
Dr Mohit: BSI was the reason i decided to buy though my finances are right now cut to cut. BSI for 3 or 5 years I understand is only till 60k kms. So if I am left with around 35-40k on the odo after 3 years, then I'll extend it else let it be for 3 years. Also, if I decide to sell after 3 years, then why pay now as there is an option to upgrade later.

Since you also own a BMW, just wanted to check on the puncture Issue on the RFT. I read on the ireland BMW site that the RFT needs to be replaced after a puncture. In india is this repairable or changed. This can burn a hole in the pocket if happens and not covered by insurance.
Also, did you go for any underbody or paint protection finishes etc?
Any suggestion on after market Navigation systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Congrats Sharad on your new booking. It always makes a lot of sense to buy a new car especially when they are high end cars. Do take the maximum warranty on the car that is available even if you have to shell out some extra cash for it. This will give you a lot of piece of mind.

Have read and heard about this Gurgaon dealer from a lot of people. I wonder if they are not interested in grabbing sure sale why are they into this business?

Anyways, all the very best and do post the pictures, when you get the delivery of the car.
To be fair to the Gurgaon Dealer, they were courteous and polite at all times and much better than Audi and Merc on Race Course Road.
The issue I felt later was that the person I was speaking to was responsible for retail sales and I was taking a corporate deal. So i guess the ball was passed and dropped in between and the drive to sell the Car to customer sitting in their Showroom with money was missing.
In contrast, the owner sitting in Jaipur was able to extract the money by RTGS from me and got the needful done as apparently my sale made him achieve his monthly target!!!

I'm also dying to click and post pictures in the ownership thread.
Currently I'm waiting for the dispatch details of my car as well as the offer on Financing as that will be released by BMW around 3rd or so.
Any tips on cheaper car loan schemes from nationalised banks or so?
sharadmumbai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 22:43   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,624 Times
Default Re: Preowned BMW 3 Series / X1 versus New Hyundai Elantra EDIT - Bought an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Dr Mohit: BSI was the reason i decided to buy though my finances are right now cut to cut. BSI for 3 or 5 years I understand is only till 60k kms. So if I am left with around 35-40k on the odo after 3 years, then I'll extend it else let it be for 3 years. Also, if I decide to sell after 3 years, then why pay now as there is an option to upgrade later.

Since you also own a BMW, just wanted to check on the puncture Issue on the RFT. I read on the ireland BMW site that the RFT needs to be replaced after a puncture. In india is this repairable or changed.
Also, did you go for any underbody or paint protection finishes etc?
No BSI if also offered on basis of kms. They have 5 year/60k kms and 5 year/1L kms. They have even introduced a 6 year/1.2L kms pack now. Obviously the rate goes up with every pack.

My car is just a month old and touchwood no punctures yet. Basically even if it gets punctured, it can be repaired normally like any tubeless tyre. Whats different is the side wall of these RFTs. Its more prone to get damaged than a regular tubeless and once sidewall is damaged the tyre is useless just like any tubeless tyre too. Anyways BMW secure allows you 4 tyre changes a year in which you are charged some money depending upon the condition of your tyre.

I did not opt for any underbody or paint protection. None of my cars till date have had any issues on these fronts and hence I feel it is a waste of money.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Key decision points for Audi A4 versus Mercedes C220 versus BMW 320D ashishkashyap Luxury, Imports & Niche 40 30th April 2017 19:35
The ultimate sedan BMW 7 Series (730LD) : Edit - Now bought omaragra Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 74 8th October 2013 20:28
VW Passat or BMW 320d Highline or New Audi A4 - EDIT : Bought BMW 520d Insane Devil Luxury, Imports & Niche 147 5th November 2009 00:59
Budget 5 lacs for used car. Edit: Hyundai Elantra CRDi, now bought! maverick030581 Sedans 13 9th February 2009 00:14
Elantra GT vs Elantra Crdi(Was skoda vs elantra) azifali Sedans 39 17th August 2006 12:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks