Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 24th June 2006, 19:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Insurance For Repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
well if u are depending on Insurance to clear ur accident bills, then please keep in mind, Electronics, Plastics and Glass. they give only 50%!!! now even if insurance pays for my Laura's Headlights (Headlight cost = Rs.40,000 and Bulbs cost Rs.10,000/-) i still have to shell around 30,000!!! so seriously, if u think ur driving is gonna be rough and all, then avoid it totally.
ID,

Please mark my quote , "some of the things you can do with insurance cannot be shared on a BB".

So if you think I am going to pay 30 K for a bulb after paying a premium of 80-90K on a Laura, think twice...... you need to really do some soul searching as to how to minimise what you pay on claims..... find some friendly insurance guy, get clost to him and he will be able to tell you stories and stories........

Wish you luck with your research,

--Ramky
-----------
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 20:08   #17
BHPian

I did visit Metro FORD, Advaith Hyundai and Javali motors on Saturday. I don't have a driving licence yet, so couldn't test drive it.

Only base models of FORD Fusion were available and that too one single color. It was being offered at 6L(OTR). What I like about Fusion is the ease with which I can get into the car (I am little hefty). Couldn't easily get into Ikon flair and I don't like the dash board in Flair. Fiesta was good but a little beyond my budget. (I am not sure, if I should give in to the temptation and increase the budget.). I like the space in Fusion. If the new versions of Fusion are available around 6L then it does make sense to wait.

The base version of Accent was also at a discount. Again this I believe is being upgraded. I didn't feel comfortable getting into this as well. Getz and Santro were good in that respect.

Javali motors didn't have any Palios in the showroom. They had only one Petra. My wife didn't like the looks(both exterior and interior). Palio looked good.(One customer had come to get a small problem fixed and was kind enough to let us have a look at the car. He was very much happy about the car and was mentioning that its the best car in the segment. He also mentioned that it was his first car. The FE is low and its a known fact. Don't know if its a problem. He was suggesting to go for the diesel version as it will give good FE (16 KMPL??). Anyways, the car looks good. Based on the specs and reviews on this site, it has good power, it is supposedly the safest car in its segment). Compared to Fusion, the space is less. The price quoted for the Palio 1.9 Diesel is 5.3L OTR. There was no sales person to talk to. Nobody seemed to be interested in selling the car at Javali motors in Bangalore. Need to check if there are any other dealers for FIAT diesel cars as TATA sells only the petrol versions.

I don't think I'll drive more than 1200 KMs/month, so not sure if I should go in for the diesel.

I am confused. Should I wait for a few months for the new Fusion, AVEo-UVA? Facelifted Palio?
Aeroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 10:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Suggest Wait A Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman
I did visit Metro FORD, ..........

Only base models of FORD Fusion were available and that too one single color. It was being offered at 6L(OTR). What I like about Fusion is the ease with which I can get into the car (I am little hefty). Couldn't easily get into Ikon flair and I don't like the dash board in Flair. Fiesta was good but a little beyond my budget. (I am not sure, if I should give in to the temptation and increase the budget.). I like the space in Fusion. If the new versions of Fusion are available around 6L then it does make sense to wait.

I am confused. Should I wait for a few months for the new Fusion, AVEo-UVA? Facelifted Palio?
Hai,

Aeroman,

I'd suggest a wait of one month, by that time hard news on new Fusion is bound to break. I know waiting for any car for a month is not easy once you are set on owning a new one, however, I'd bet it would be worth the agony.

I test drove the Aveo, its a good car with a bad gear box, the Fiesta / Fusion wired gears are a genertion ahead. Palio D is a lovely diesel, maybe one of the best in the world in that segment; without a second thought, I would have bought it if my running was about 1000 Kms / month.

The old fusion stock is bound to be very low, they'd sell what is available. It makes mktg sense to off load the new pdt with a mktg blitz. I am not a fan of Ford India mktg, it sucks big time. Their mktg sese so far as the Fusion is concerned, has been a disaster and could make up a case study in bad marketing / positioning / pricing; case of a unique product gone Kaput. They also had a chance here to nurture and make big a MUV/SUV segment in India, this segment is big time abroad.

In case you don't get authentic information from any of the dealers (which I doubt will be the case with many Ford dealers) you can talk to the person mentioned below.

G.Venugopalan
Customer Relationship Coordinator
Ford India Limited
E Mail : [COLOR=#247cd4]gvenugo1@ford.com[/COLOR]
Ph : 044 - 27459219
Fax: 044 - 27455177

---Ramky
-----------------
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote