Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2006, 23:30   #1

Default Fiesta 1.4 or Honda City Zx

Dear Fellow Members,

I've been researching a lot on buying a new big car, and read most post on the forum. Since, this would be my first big car purchase, I am confused as to which car to finally choose from between the Fiesta and the Honda City.

I like the Fiesta for it's drive, good ride and handling but regret a poor leg room space at the backseat. Like, the Honda for it's stable engine, reliability and good response...

I leave in the city of Delhi and drive around 500kms in a week, FE and on going maintainance cost is a concern.

Which Car Should it Be?

Looking forward to some inputs.

Thank you.
Old 2nd July 2006, 23:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Compare the power figures
Compare the price
compare the Fuel economy figures

Take a test drive. decide for yourself. I will vote for fiesta 1.4

btw what are your needs?
Old 3rd July 2006, 09:02   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabh
and drive around 500kms in a week, FE and on going maintainance cost is a concern.
best requirements for a diesel car!!

consider yourself unlucky that Honda doesnot makes diesel here!
but ford does! so u'd better go for Ford Fiests 1.4 TDCi (i.e. diesel model)

but if you are hell bent on going for a petrol, then it has to NHC ZX GXi.

if i remember correctly, Fiesta TDCi gave us abt 19+kmpl on NH2 and NHC ZX GXi gave us around 17 only.

so its upto you to decide!
Old 3rd July 2006, 11:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
best requirements for a diesel car!!
Well, I am not too sure about a Diesel car but no doubt I like the Ford feels on the road vis-a-vie a Honda City.

But tell me something, how expensive does Diesal cars r to maintain over long term...which is something I am unaware of. Barring the fact that a diesal costs a lot more than a petrol car upfront, running may b lower as compared to fuel costs, but what about parts and service?

Can you thro some light on that?

Thanks
Old 3rd July 2006, 14:02   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabh
Well, I am not too sure about a Diesel car but no doubt I like the Ford feels on the road vis-a-vie a Honda City.

But tell me something, how expensive does Diesal cars r to maintain over long term...which is something I am unaware of. Barring the fact that a diesal costs a lot more than a petrol car upfront, running may b lower as compared to fuel costs, but what about parts and service?

Can you thro some light on that?

Thanks
modern common rail engines doesnot needs heavy maintenance and are very refined in nature in comparison to outdated tech diesel engines.

since the diesel model costs a bit more than its petrol counterpart, one has to consider its running costs to break even.

such refined engines doesnot needs major replacement early in its life and one can easily cover 60-75K kms before anything major comes up! thats very much like petrol cars!
and imho, this Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi is a brilliant diesel car which makes very low noise (certainly nothing like Indigo and Hyundai CRDIs!).
i found it to be completely tolerable inside the cabin while outside it settles down very quickly after the initial clatter (std fitment in all diesel cars!) for few minutes.
i cannot comment on Ford Fiesta's spare prices right now, but being a FORD, consider them to be a bit on higher side than those of Tata!
but since the build is much better, you wont be needing any major repair in a Fort TDCi.

my suggestion go for TDCi!
and if you likes white, then white TDCi is really hot!
Old 4th July 2006, 17:57   #6

Well, white is the color that i'll anyways go for...NHC or Fiesta....just want to get my hands on the Diesal Ford, not many showroom in Delhi have the car on Demo!!!
Old 16th October 2006, 18:13   #7

Default The Fiesta'a Pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3456232...7594328845993/

You can see the pictures of the Fiesta...I think these pictures are better than those on the websites!
Old 16th October 2006, 19:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you are concerned about maintenance cost don't go for Ford, choose between honda (NHC) and Hyundai (verna). what I have noticed is NHC makes bumpy ride sometimes in bad streches, Fiesta is also not so great but better than NHC according to me. Verna might be better in terms of value buy.

My choices:

Verna
NHC
Fiesta

Go for Diesel car (no diesel option in NHC rt now ..) if you clock 24K per year, if less than 20K per year then petrol makes sense.

If you want super smooth, silky drive go for petrol always, Diesel engines tend to bore you fast and jerk/noice/vibrations are more with diesel any day compared with petrol If you compare sensitively in every respect.

Regards,

ravi.
Old 17th October 2006, 10:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Congrats to Prabh on his new Fiesta!!!!

Ravibhat, please read Prabh's post, he has already bought a Fiesta 1.6 SXI and has posted pics. So, another proud Fiesta owner on the forum despite all efforts to convince him otherwise .

Prabh, CONGRATS & enjoy your ride!!!!
Closed Thread