Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th July 2006, 11:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Dont be misguided by rumors, check with Fiat owners for a real picture. Most of the spares are cheaper as compared to other sedans in same segment.

I agree to what Rishi is saying.
Moreover, spares in Bangalore is not a issue anymore with so may Tata dealers and already existing TVS Sundaram doing servicing fiatsand javali Motors have also started.
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2006, 12:25   #17
BHPian

Best of luck good choice...

Well you know at times I feel FIAT did do some screw ups with AFS, however it's the indian mentality of bluffing which killed it further.

Yes, with Fiat you have to be sure of onething that if you are trying to find parts from outside you have to look for a shop who would have FIAT parts.
However, once you know a shop, its all easy and belive me in delhi it wasn't difficult as we used to source it from service stations itself.

Also, lately I have heard a lot of people complaining baout parts not available in Mumbai, however I had bought parts easily from opera house market and there was a guy buying parts for puegot309 a year ago, that too a god damn bumper.

Best of luck again, drive safe and keep her good.

~*Samy*~
urdudesamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2006, 12:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

2.25 is a good price. Recently i sold 2002 Siena 1.2 (Similar to Petra) for 2.2. Go for it.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2006, 16:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karthik on this deal, Its good deal I am sure and I have test driven this car in seller's place, its overall good except very minor scratches/dents/under scratches. Make sure you get the polishing the car once and have Javali motors @Bangalore or someone who gives good service inspect suspension of the vehicle and check tyres, engine oil etc.. which is essential after buying any used car, It might cost 10K bucks but its worth in long run. I am searching for 2003 year above Petra / Siena for my family members. I am very soon posting pictures of my 2006 Swift VXI Limited and vehicle ownership experience.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:28   #20
BHPian

Default 2003 Sienna-Help reqd

Hai,
I am also in the same dilemma on wht wud be the right price for a 2003 sienna.
it is a pune regd vehicle and has done around 38k km's.karthik has paid 2.25k in coimbatore and generaly prices in south are higher when compared here.so wht shld be the price i could look at.i agree pricing a car without looking at it is not possible.but can someone give me pointers.
regards,
jeyaraj
jraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:14   #21
BHPian

hi Ravi,

Good to see that you have also driven this vehicle, before I bought it. Yeah, this is the same car you are speaking about and Javli motors gave me an estimate of 8k Rs for making it look new ... Will be leaving it for a full service probably in a week or two @ Javli ...

Any reason you did not buy this car ???

Then I also have the swift vxi back at Coimbatore. It is a Oct 2005 model and has done 2500 kms till now. But believe me, I feel that the 2003 Siena which I have bought now is doing much better than swift - my personal opinion though !!! Even felt that I should have bought a Fiat instead of Swift last year

And Raj,

I have bought this car @ Bangalore. In south, I feel that Bangalore cars are the most pricey ones - Mebbe because of the 20-25k additional tax and stuff. So, the same car should have costed some 10-20k less in coimbatore ...

- Karthik.

------------------------------------------------

2000 Hyundai Santro
2000 Daewoo Matiz
2005 Maruti Swift
2003 Fiat Siena 1.6
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 19:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Karthik,

I had quoted 2 lacs on the minute I saw and test driven that vehicle although I knew its worth for 2.5 lacs too, He said he will come down to
2.25 lacs as final price. I saw this thread 2 days after you started otherwise I would have baught it just kidding... I am not in a hurry to buy my next vehicle, very soon I am buying siena / petra / innova if I get good deal like this. I agree siena/petra far better than Swift technically, You can see better bigger space for front and rear seats in siena compared to swift, more than double sized boot

Now I heard 2004 DEC. petra is for sale in Bangalore he expects 4 lacs. since he maintained his vehicle very neat, I quoted him 3 lacs as offer price, he is not in a hurry so this deal won't get done fast. I have seen couple of GOOD innovas as well in the range of 7 lacs.

Happy motoring !!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th October 2006, 14:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey Karthik,

Just to know about Siena how is it going on with the car? Whats FE you get in Blre city and on highway, I am asking this since this will help me to choose the right vehicle for my relative. Whats your feedback about Javali motors Blre? IF you throw some lights it will greately help me and few other our members too I feel.

Regards,

Ravi.