Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 9th August 2006, 13:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Have you got the quotes for any of these cars ? Are any of them available at 5.5 ex-showroom in Mumbai ? I doubt it.
To consider these you need to stretch your budget somewhat - what is the max you can go up to ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 15:40   #17
BHPian

Am not helping you in deciding which one to buy but am helping you with which one not to buy. Leave out Fiesta as you are not satisfied with A.S.S. of Ford (for your Ikon), the A.S.S. will remain as it is with Fiesta as well. Aveo can be given a thought if you intend to increase your budget to Aveo's price. If not Aveo, then its Baleno for you.
yeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 23:55   #18
BHPian

well i have a fiesta and the a.s.s service is good
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 00:07   #19

i think u can go for aveo
1 . good look
2 . ok with power
3. interior is fine
4. can do a lot of modifications
Beetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 01:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsome
Hi Guys

I have a component of my salalry for which i can buy a car. The ex showroom cost Mumbai for me is 5.5 Lacks.

Need advice which car should i buy.

1. Aveo
2. Baleno
3. Accent
4. Fiesta
5. Viva CRDi

Any other car which i may have missed ......

Please help me
----------------------------------

Aveo if you want comfort and luxury feel and Fiesta if you are too passionate about driving in the fast lane.

Remeber that FORDs maintenance is going to be an uphill task for a salaried person.

But if your budget is strictly 5.5 and nothing above then obviously Baleno but remeber that its going to be obsolete soon.
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 13:08   #21

Budget is 5.5 and not more.

Whats fits in is

1) Aveo - with corporate discounts et all.
2) Baleno vxi - again post corporate discounts et all.
3) Viva CRDi - heard admin guys are bargaining hard as number of people in this band are a lot.

Fiesta is out didnt like it in the test drive stage .......

As a second car already have a zen ....... and Ikon will be giving it to my Dad as his second car.

Personally liked Baleno .... but i agree its dated ...... Aveo is yet to prove is what the dilema is ............................

Ok last minute ......... advice again ....... sorry guys for being a pain.
ozsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 14:13   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsome
Budget is 5.5 and not more. Whats fits in is
1) Aveo - with corporate discounts et all.
2) Baleno vxi - again post corporate discounts et all.
3) Viva CRDi - heard admin guys are bargaining hard as number of people in this band are a lot.
As a second car already have a zen ....... and Ikon will be giving it to my Dad as his second car. Personally liked Baleno .... but i agree its dated ...... Aveo is yet to prove is what the dilema is ............................
Ok last minute ......... advice again ....... sorry guys for being a pain.
Since you are already having a small car, makes sense to go for a sedan. With your monthly driving of 900 odd kms, the diesel (Viva CRDi) does not make sense. I am assuming that it is the Aveo1.4 petrol that you are mentioning (I don't think the 1.6L will come under 5.5L). Test drive both and come to a decision.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 18:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Little bit of OT:

A colleague of mine filtered between Baleno Lxi and Accent GLE

Ex-Showroom price of Accent GLE in Chennai is Rs.5.33 L. Discounts are

1. Insurance Free (Rs.19492)
2. Cash Discount (Rs.12000)

Freebies

Mp3 player, Remote, Suncontrol film, they do paint the door handles, side beeding and mirrors body colored & basic accessories.

Employer deducts the cash discounts in the ex-showroom price, hence his cost to the car will be Rs.5.02 lakhs. ( insurance and road tax paid by the employer)

The price difference between Baleno Lxi and Accent GLE will be in the range of Rs.25k (after taking into account of discounts & freebies on Baleno).

I was really surprised that his pick was Accent ahead of Baleno Lxi. Checked with him on his driving factor to decide with Accent & below are his points

Doesn't like the tails of baleno, dull interiors when compared to Accent, maintenance would be high & the most important factor is " More Accents on Road than Baleno"

He disliked the discussions on performance, FE & maintenance cost.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 18:44   #24
kdb
BHPian

I have the Fiesta petrol 1.4 EXI .. its smooth and a great car to drive .. and it gives me a mileage of 14-15 kmpl in city with the AC on.. Moreover i have crossed 13k KM mark in 6 months and the more i drive it the more i am in love with it.. on the third service i had to pay for the oil and the filter which cost me around 1000 bucks .. which is not bad .. test drive a fiseta 1.4 exi then decide..
kdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 22:15   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb
I have the Fiesta petrol 1.4 EXI .. its smooth and a great car to drive .. and it gives me a mileage of 14-15 kmpl in city with the AC on.. Moreover i have crossed 13k KM mark in 6 months and the more i drive it the more i am in love with it.. on the third service i had to pay for the oil and the filter which cost me around 1000 bucks .. which is not bad .. test drive a fiseta 1.4 exi then decide..
He already did test drive and dint like it... Anyways, ozsome, i too was in a dilemma like you, and i have settled for an accent finallly... and this is the offer i was given...

OTR price (GLE) : 6.13
Ex-Showroom : 5.31
Cash discount : 30K
Additional Discounts : 20K
Freebies : MP3 player, remote lock, sun control etc... nothing not expected..

Finally, the price has come to 5.60 OTR... now upto you to decide whether the Aveo or the Accent...
tecfrek is offline   Reply With Quote