Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 7th August 2006, 12:30   #1
BHPian

Default Selling my Ford Ikon 1.6? How much should i expect?

Hi guys...
I need your help! I have a Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt - Feb 2005 model which has done 14000 Kms (i am second owner). It's in excellent condition and gives 12Kmpl in city and 16+Kmpl on highways (both with AC on). The compressive insurance is valid till March 2007. my average driving is 25Kms a day.
Now my office is shifting to Gurgaon from Delhi so my daily driving distance is going to increase a lot! I will be commuting a minimum of 65 Kms a day therefore I am planning to shift to Indica Xeta CNG. So my questions are:

1. How much should i expect for my Ford Ikon?
2. Is Tata Indica Xeta CNG a good car? What is your opinion?
3. Is it possible to exchange my Ikon for a Indica at the Dealer itself?

I would appreciate your guidance.

Mods: If i have posted anything which is not suitable then i apologies for the same and request you to delete the post.

Regards
Jasmeet Pal

Last edited by ajmat : 7th August 2006 at 16:56.
Jasmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 12:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

1. around 4.5 lakhs i'm guessing
2.more spacious than all the mid-segment sedans, very low refinement levels which is a tata trademark, extremely low running costs, great vfm.
3.it is possible, but these exchange deals through a car dealer usually getch you atleast 10% less for ytour existing vehicle, a used car dealer is yet a slightly better option though.

manson/
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 14:06   #3
BHPian

Thanx for the reply manson :-)
I'll definately check with a second hand car dealer as per your advice.

T-Bhp
I've heard that CNG is not recommended for Ikon 1.6, is it true?

Regards
Jasmeet Pal
Old 7th August 2006, 15:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

two owners in 5 months makes the car look dodgy and ou will lose more money. Makes sense to run it for another 18 months then sell
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 16:33   #5
BHPian

hi, i am extremely sorry. It is Feb 2005. I have mentioned 2006 by mistake. I have now corrected the same in main post.

Regards
Jasmeet Pal

Edit: I am not able to edit my main post, maybe it's some permission thing. Please note that my Ford Ikon is a Feb 2005 Model and not 2006. I apologise again for the mistake.

Last edited by Jasmeet : 7th August 2006 at 16:37.
Old 8th August 2006, 07:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you can use cng in a xeta i dont think there would be a problem with that in an ikon ...

I dont have any experience with a cng 1.6 but we did have an lpg 1.6 for 6 months no issues at all ...
It was my dad's friends car which we borrowed for a long time ..
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 08:00   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess you will make a heavy loss. Why not get a CNG kit for it.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 08:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

JKdas is Right. better get a CNG kit for the Ikon.

The running costs will go down
you will still retain the fun to drive factor with the petrol
you wont loose money due to the low resale of ikon.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Buddy, from an Ikon 1.6 (the ultimate point and shoot machine) to a Tata Indica! That too, a CNG!! Economy aside, U will certainly not enjoy the 65odd kms U'll be driving daily. Trust me. Keep the Ikon. Get a CNG Kit fitted to it and occasional use the petrol power to ripppp when the pressures and the frustrations in the office get to U. Life is short. Next life U might be a donkey in a coal mine then U'll be regretting not living this one to the fullest!
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 01:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Life is short. Next life U might be a donkey in a coal mine then U'll be regretting not living this one to the fullest!
ha ha ha ha so very true....

yar the point is, i actually bought this car with the intentions of getting CNG fitted into it but every CNG expert that i consulted with in Delhi has advised against it. Everybody says that CNG is not recommended for a 1.6 Ikon. It spoils the tuning of the 1.6 Ikon.

I agree that it's an amazing machine when it comes to power!! I have done it 175 Kmps with AC on and still the car was inviting BUT the fuel economy kills me with those kinda speed. Also the servicing is quite expensive and ford people are not very friendly to deal with so i was thinking to go in for a change....

Anybody here from Delhi who's got an Ikon 1.6 with CNG fitted? Some advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Jasmeet Pal
Old 11th August 2006, 13:53   #11
BHPian

Update:
Ford Ikon Sold - end of a dream run!
Now looking for a new car - beginning of a new journey!

Jas
Old 11th August 2006, 17:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmeet
Hi guys...
I need your help! I have a Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt - Feb 2005 model which has done 14000 Kms (i am second owner). It's in excellent condition and gives 12Kmpl in city and 16+Kmpl on highways (both with AC on). The compressive insurance is valid till March 2007. my average driving is 25Kms a day.
Now my office is shifting to Gurgaon from Delhi so my daily driving distance is going to increase a lot! I will be commuting a minimum of 65 Kms a day therefore I am planning to shift to Indica Xeta CNG. So my questions are:

1. How much should i expect for my Ford Ikon?
2. Is Tata Indica Xeta CNG a good car? What is your opinion?
3. Is it possible to exchange my Ikon for a Indica at the Dealer itself?

I would appreciate your guidance.

Mods: If i have posted anything which is not suitable then i apologies for the same and request you to delete the post.

Regards
Jasmeet Pal
how much did u sell it for, finally ???? my guess is ur ex-showroom price - 25% for depreciation, so if it was 5.5l ex-sh, then u would have sold it for 4-4.25 lakhs maximum, unless u gave it to a friend, in that case add another 50k to that. let us know please
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 19:02   #13
BHPian

Delhi RTO is not registering converted CNG's for models that are registered after Jan 2005. What price did you sell though?...Interested in Esteem May 2005 Pearl Silver Haryana Number?
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 21:00   #14
BHPian

>>> I have done it 175 Kmps with AC on

I think it should be 175Kmph. If it is indeed 175 Kmps, you would be in outer space

Just kiddin'
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2006, 13:44   #15
BHPian

@abdriver2000: ... yup you are right...

@esteem_lover: I gave it for 4.10 L to a friend. My car was in excellent condition but resale of Ikon is not good in Delhi so...

@rohitbagai: thanx for the offer Rohit, mind if i ask, why do you want to sell it? I might be interested as i was thinking of getting new esteem today. also please PM me the complete details of the car, i shall be thankful to you.

Regards
Jasmeet Pal