Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 26th June 2016, 23:29   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Upgrade Confusion - Compact sedan to Hatch vs Sedan vs CUV, under 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I prefer diesel and as I am currently owning a swift, I am hesitating to go for a Dzire due to rattles and interior is more or less similar. Zest seems to be better build and only negative thing is the resale after 6 years.
In that case I would also consider TUV300 T6+ AMT. It is priced 40k more than Zest,is well equipped, spacious, and would be a good change from the hatchback.

Additionally, I would place more trust on Mahindra than Tata for after sales servicing. Plus this should have better resale value.

Also, Ameo was spotted with Diesel and 7 speed DSG. Ameo is priced 2 lakhs less than Vento, and going by the same price the 1.5 DSG might be less than 9 lakhs ex-showroom, and DSG is much much smoother than AMT.
autorahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 06:38   #107
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Upgrade Confusion - Compact sedan to Hatch vs Sedan vs CUV, under 10 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I've actually booked the Ecosport because my mum was gushing over it when the salespersons were here for a test drive. She still asks me why am I still looking for other cars. Personally, I think that the Brezza looks a lot better and is much better equipped for the same price. The Ecosport Trend+ is priced the same as the Brezza ZDi, but lacks projector headlamps, alloy wheels, parking sensors and DRLs. It's also a bit cramped inside, at the rear.

The S-Cross Delta actually comes to 10.15 lacs after all discounts. If only they offered the SVHS like in the Ertiga and the Ciaz, it would be still cheaper. I suspect they will offer it soon, as it is a 4m+ car and will provide substantial tax savings.
If it is Ecosport for looks, then thats a subjective choice. Same holds for Brezza. But if it was between Brezza Vs S-Cross, I would say S-Cross just for the build and space.

Now between the S-Cross (or other X-Overs) vs Jazz/Baleno/I20, again thats a subjective choice. A top end hatch and X-over (for form factor) or S-Cross (as a mix of all)

The other other angle is a compact sedan (or a C-Segment Sedan like Ciaz). Aspire top end is the only one in contention with all the gadgets and features thrown in. I cant comment on Zest as I dont have any experience to share. Hence will leave that for others to share.

I think you will need to shot down if you need a sedan (or CS) or not. Once you cross that hurdle, then it comes to a top end hatch vs X-Over discussion. If the form-factor of a X-over plays in your mind, then again we have conclusion on X-over. If not, and its only value proposition, then I think you should chose between Ecosport/S-Cross/(Top-End hatch) depending on your selection. And within them decide in power/space/handling/features.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 12:47   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The Baleno is also an equally good option. If you seat 5 in the Baleno, the rear end sags. This might affect GC and the ability to tackle some humps/undulations.

The S-Cross is the best option I think, although the 1.3 for this car is adequate and not powerful.

The Ecosport is not the widest car in the segment.

Didn't Ertiga fit in your budget?
Hi landcruiser, do you have any personal experience driving or seeing in person the Baleno rear end sagging? All i am asking is to understand how bad is this issue and the extent to which it can affect Baleno with 5 on board. I am looking at a whatever best i can get under 10 lac in a petrol disguise and the Baleno seems to perfectly fits the bill. However, in parallel sailing in the same boat of hatch vs. CSUV (read Baleno Vs. Brezza/ Ecosport, the Brezza with its upcoming TC 1.0 petrol). Have also heard the news of S Cross petrol with a new 1.5 petrol motor that might also replace the current petrol in Ciaz.
CarMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 13:15   #109
BHPian

Default Re: In search of a new car. EDIT: 6-12 lakh budget

^^
A lot depends on the road conditions.
But my personal experience:
With the same 5 people on board, my friend has to drive very carefully over most speed breakers, but I can drive comfortably over the same speed breakers in my Getz.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 22:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I don't really understand what you mean here. Wouldn't a shorter car be better for narrow roads and tight turns? Could you please elaborate?
A shorter car would be better only in the narrow city roads. Both on the highway and in ghat roads, a longer, wider car would handle better and would be more planted on the road. You can attack corners at a quicker pace on cars like the S-Cross than with an SUV / wannabe SUV.

Taller cars = higher centre of gravity = lower grip levels.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 13:21   #111
BANNED

Default Re: In search of a new car. EDIT: 6-12 lakh budget

I was looking around but could not determine if the Hyundai Xcent SX(O) is available in CNG. I am interested in a CNG Notchback.
naturaldisaster is offline   Reply With Quote