Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th August 2006, 00:05   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Post indigo sx

Hello everybody,

I am new to team BHP and this is my first posting. I need the teams help to resolve this confusion. I have to buy a car uregently within 5-7 lakhs budget.i am a fiat fan and wanted to go for palio d,however the uncertainity regarding palio made me to zero down on Indigo SX.I just want to know whether indigo sx is a good buy based on my req as a family car with decent power and as long distance cruiser. please let me know what you think....

This community is rocking...

cheers
shebin
shebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 10:46   #2
BHPian

5-7 lakh family car, decent power, long dist cruiser - loads of choices there, from premium hatches to mid sized sedans.
If ur partial to Fiat as u said, the Palio (now marketed by Tatas) might be a good buy.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 11:54   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you are a fan of the Palio, pick one up. Things are safer with Tata in the picture now. However, the diesel is horribly over-priced. You might want to check out the 1.6.

The Indigo SX is nice, but all those extra fittings really take the price to a level where the Indigo doesnt need to be.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 12:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Ford's relaunching their Fusion. I'd incude that as an option.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 12:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

indigo sx really not worth the money plus with the expected dicor type engines soon you would lose a lot of money in terms of resale value.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 17th August 2006 at 12:19.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 12:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Cochin ex-showroom prices:
Palio 1.9 ELPS - 4.55
Palio 1.9 ELXPS - 4.93

Petra 1.9 ELPS - 5.48
Petra 1.9 ELXPS - 5.86

Indigo SX - 5.99

My take on this: If you are willing to fork out 6L+ on an Indigo, you should seriously consider the Petra D. Go for the ELPS and do it up with the spare cash. Tata showrooms may not sell Petra's but they'll service it.

Edit: Prices are as per respective company websites
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 13:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin
buy a car uregently within 5-7 lakhs budget.i am a fiat fan and wanted to go for palio d,however the uncertainity regarding palio made me to zero down on Indigo SX.I just want to know whether indigo sx is a good buy based on my req as a family car with decent power and as long distance cruiser.

Tata Indigo will surely meet your needs, but SX is not the trim you should be looking at. Better go for a cheaper model and get aftermarket leather, alloys and fog lamps.

You can check out the ford fusion and ford fiesta though in that price range.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th August 2006 at 13:02.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 16:29   #8
BHPian

Another bad thing with SX is the extra moulding wheel side-flaps etc. Looks worse and ain't durable. Very good features but price is definitely high for an Indigo. Why don't you consider Petra?
yeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 18:07   #9
BANNED

Default sx

Thanks guys but is fiat planning to stop palio...petra ,liked the vehicle but i thought fiat would be stopping the model soon...morever the engine doesnt have the turbo feature....resale wise also fiat is a problem as i wont be keeping it for more than 2 yrs. i am getting a discount of 25000 on indigo sx black.....concorde blore

Last edited by shebin : 17th August 2006 at 18:14.
Old 17th August 2006, 18:13   #10
BHPian

Considering resale too! Why didn't you consider Maruti Esteem then? Its in your price-range, has great performance and great resale. Yes, doesn't have features of Indigo SX. You can sattle for Indigo LX too.
yeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 18:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
resale wise also fiat is a problem as i wont be keeping it for more than 2 yrs. i am getting a discount of 25000 on indigo sx black.....concorde blore
Well if you are considering resale - then go for the Indigo .. although Indigo resale will also suffer to some extent after they introduce the DICOR engines .

However, I'll second @devarshi's suggestion. Go for a non-SX model and use the cash to do it up your way.

Slightly OT - but IMO the Marina looks a lot better than the Indigo.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 20:21   #12
BANNED

Default sx

i think LX is a better buy but if i go for the extra fiitngs what all i should i go for ,alloys leather seat, side skirts,,,,i am not sure about its costs and specifications .could some one please advise..iespecially alloys as the performance could be affected by them./..also please give me an idea of the cost that i will incurr on this. Coz i seriously don want that lcd screens otherwise SX is ok

thanks in advance
Old 17th August 2006, 20:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i think LX is a better buy but if i go for the extra fiitngs what all i should i go for ,alloys leather seat, side skirts,,,,i am not sure about its costs and specifications .could some one please advise..iespecially alloys as the performance could be affected by them./..also please give me an idea of the cost that i will incurr on this. Coz i seriously don want that lcd screens otherwise SX is ok

thanks in advance
shebin, welcome to TBHP

SX would be a better buy. Its loaded! Alloys perform far better than rims! Also u get leathers, fogs sort! GEt SX!

Last edited by jkdas : 17th August 2006 at 20:54.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 20:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey if you are looking for resale value,then go in for the sx.Im sayin this coz your resale is not going to go up with all the accessories you put.However,if you can compromise on the reasale a wee bit go in for the lower model and bling it!

Happy buying!
binz
ps:welcome to t-bhp
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 22:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont worry much about the DICOR engines. they are not near to launch yet or atleast I havent heard the news.

Go for GLX/DLX with ac, pS, and power windows, central locking and fog lamps.

price should be around

GLX- 4.80 excluding your bargains and discounts
DLX- 5.22 excluding your bargains and discounts

Get 14"/15" alloys with tubeless tyres. I wouldnt recommend leather for considering Indian hot weather, but I dunno how it is in Cochin. Avoid sideskirts as they only enhance looks. Get a spoiler instead. Costs will still be much below the sx models.
YOu will miss out on height adjustible drivers seat and a vcd player.

As a thought Indigo marina looks good and sells well too, you get the extra space with slightly better interiors if you can live with the idea of an estate. for 10K more. I would recommend Marina GLX if you can consider it.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th August 2006 at 22:46.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote