Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 7th December 2006, 22:39   #46

Hi all...
I got this red beauty (Adventure) Fifteen days back from Jay -vijay pune and already clocked 900kms.
Enjoyed the speed, road handling and driving pleasure.
It's 570K INR onroad.
FE before first servicing in city like pune is 7.5km/litr
and 13.14 on highway.
one more thing it's head turner for sure and you find people stops you, talk about this beauty.
Travel-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 10:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel-X View Post
Hi all...
I got this red beauty (Adventure) Fifteen days back from Jay -vijay pune and already clocked 900kms.
Enjoyed the speed, road handling and driving pleasure.
It's 570K INR onroad.
FE before first servicing in city like pune is 7.5km/litr
and 13.14 on highway.
one more thing it's head turner for sure and you find people stops you, talk about this beauty.
Congratulations Travel X. I know you are enjoying your new ride. So am I. I have got a Petra 19 days back. I too have clocked about 1000+ km. FE is just under 10. The dealership people advised me to tyr to keep revs below 3000, but that is really difficult, with such a rev happy engine. Just last night I rushed off at a signal and my co-passenger said "You have touched 120" I was flabbergasted! This is a delight to drive. And I must say, I care two hoots for FE now.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 11:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Just last night I rushed off at a signal and my co-passenger said "You have touched 120" I was flabbergasted! This is a delight to drive. And I must say, I care two hoots for FE now.
I am dying to own one too. Have a Santro Xing right now and waiting to upgrade. Any idea if a face lifted Petra is on the way??
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 11:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
I am dying to own one too. Have a Santro Xing right now and waiting to upgrade. Any idea if a face lifted Petra is on the way??
Hi Sush, not sure if Petra will be facelifted, but Facelifted Palio will be launched in Jan'2007 (next month!).

If you are not very particular about boot, then Palio 1.6 is an awesome car to drive!!!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 14:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I rushed off at a signal and my co-passenger said "You have touched 120" I was flabbergasted! This is a delight to drive. And I must say, I care two hoots for FE now.
Control those urges. Atleast in the city. The car is deceptively fast. I have to really keep checking my speedo on the EEH where I reach 100 and still feel as I am on 60. The third gear is addictive.

Regarding FE, try to keep the rpm in the range of 2000-2500 for a decent figure. I was getting 10+ with AC in the initial days in the city. Without AC as I have told you I managed to squeeze out 13. But that was very controlled and very disciplined driving.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 17:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
With the current sales of Fiat, any Fiat car will give you exclusivity. LOL
Now that I have got the Petra, I can vouch for that. All the time, I see people going past to the back to take a look at the name of the car. The other day, at the office parking lot, someone actually asked me if this was a new model from Fiat. Its simply deplorable, the lack of information about Fiat cars, and its Fiat that is completely to blame.
Old 8th December 2006, 21:10   #52
BHPian

Default I too love that feeling

Quote:
Now that I have got the Petra, I can vouch for that. All the time, I see people going past to the back to take a look at the name of the car. The other day, at the office parking lot, someone actually asked me if this was a new model from Fiat. Its simply deplorable, the lack of information about Fiat cars, and its Fiat that is completely to blame.
Its fun to drive petra. I deceive Accents, Hondas and so many other cars. I am generally a very disciplined driver, really get pissed of when a cabbie or some funny fellow tries to squeeze in from any where and every where, a gentle touch on gas peadal, a gear shift and another caress, I have already left most of these guys behind by a 100 mts or so. I love to look back in IRVM and see them - earlier rush.

Its my way of telling them guyz this is a capable car.

A funny thing I tell you, saw another Petra parked in the lot. I went to talk to the driver, he says its a failed model sir gives only 7 KMPL. Oh ooooook. ITs too low I say, its on gas sir. I thought it'd be funny to go buy a petra and fit LPG kit to it.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 15:10   #53
BHPian

Adding to what Sreenivass said, speaking for myself I can say that with my previous car, the 800, I used to keep calculating FE and when I would get something like 19, I would feel elated, but now, with this Petra, I still keep records, but even when I see 9, I do not care. This car is not for FE- of course, if you want, you can achieve 10kmpl in city if you nurse the car through the gears- but to enjoy this car to the hilt, you should love the sound of the engine and the feel of acceleration pushing you back into your seat.
Old 11th December 2006, 15:55   #54
Team-BHP Support

I just visited Fiat India and found something interesting.

There are no Fiat dealers in Bangalore anymore, only Tata Fiat dealers. That means one can't buy Petra in Bangalore. Is this right?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 16:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I just visited Fiat India and found something interesting.

There are no Fiat dealers in Bangalore anymore, only Tata Fiat dealers. That means one can't buy Petra in Bangalore. Is this right?
Nope, In Bangalore, there is an Fiat exclusive dealer - Javali Motors c/o Green Tracks, Hosur Road - they are selling Petra, Palio D etc...!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 16:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
feel of acceleration pushing you back into your seat.
You are making me jealous now.

Just kidding... :-)
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 10:13   #57
BHPian

By the way, at the Mumbai Auto show last month I spoke to a Fiat staffer and he said that the Petra and the Adventure would be continued as they are now, only the Palio would be face-lifted- and also de-powered (with a 1.1 litre engine).
Acutally, if you ask me, the pre-face-lifted Palio looks better than the new one.
By the way, did anyone see the TOI ad of the Adventure? Its now selling for 5 lacs ex-showroom!

Last edited by prabuddhadg : 12th December 2006 at 10:15.
Old 12th December 2006, 14:01   #58

Mate,
If you want to use that car in the city... any city.. or on the highway.. - you would do better with a sedan. The adventure is brilliant - but so is the Petra. You get nearly the same ride quality and power and etc etc. Plus - since its smaller, the petra is more maneouverable than the adventure. Also since most parts of the petra are derived from the palio - they are cheaper and more easily available.
Buying the adventure will be nice.. but a big risk.. and you might end up burning ur pockets.
If you like the canary yellow - the palio 1.6 is for you (dunno if that color is still available though)
cheers
gshankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 03:32   #59
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Hi Prabuddhadg,
Congratz on being a proud Petra owner. when and which dealer did u get your Petra from in mumbai. Also can you gimme the price for a Petra D..if you could find out?

I'm interested in a Petra, but its not available in cochin.

Thanks!!

Cheers,
ICEMAN
a_micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 22:40   #60

HI,

Congrats, sush.. n Travel-x.... well, i brought Adventure- silver frost on 16th nov....from ashwamegh..and since then i was never on internt...to post my experience...Gosh..damn good man..like it so much... that sitting here at work in australia i dream of it.. miss it more than anyone in family.
Got only 5-6 days on it to paint city red... real fun... Took it on Nagar road... and when on tar... .it actually very very silent... Am still restricted by service guys... to hold it below 80... waiting to drive it again when i get back... and give it for first servicing tooo...
I would like to mention one thing... that we dont have right kind of guys in sales, accessory division ... (service division dont know yet). I was expecting them to have more knowledge .... accessory fellow... will handle ur car very roughly.... damn... it hurts...
Anyway..forget all... drive smooth...
Travel-s if u know any place where i can find accessories for adventure let me know..
cheers
have fun..
rajg
rajg is offline   Reply With Quote