Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 29th August 2006, 21:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Skoda Octavia Rider D A/X-Civic A/X-Corolla A/X? Which Auto?

Hi Guys;
wanting to buy a car in the 10-14 lac range. One must that it should be an auto.
Ive seen all the above. The civic and the octavia are cramped in the rear as compared to the corolla but the octavia is till now my choice as to the milage, comfort, sturdyness, safety and all round package deal. What say?
am gonna test the reder soon but any tips from fellow tdi rider auto owners? does it feel sluggish on the highway or perform as well as the manual one?
Need all the help i can get.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2006, 11:29   #2
BHPian

IF Mileage is not an issue, then the Hyundai Sonata is the car that beats all these puny onez! its spacious like an S class! its powerful! its sxy! but m sure the mileage in Auto will be less than these above mentioned cars can deliver.

While with the discounts going on, u might be able to bag a Sonata Automatic for around ur price range.

If not.... The Civic's auto technology is very good.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2006, 11:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

V-16,

If I had a choice - The Skoda Octavia it would be ! Sturdy , Safe and the most FE - even comfort isnt that bad as it is made out to be.

Cheers
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2006, 12:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Civic AT technology is quite the latest and very good as compared to the other ATs. Civic is cramped at rear? On the contrary it has a flat floor and is the widest car of the three. The boot is small, the interior space in the Civic is quite good, both front and rear.

Choice is Civic or SkodaD - depending on whether you are too worried or not about fuel running costs.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2006, 18:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

no not worried about the FE but eve i am inclined towards the octavia. wanted to hear from guys who own the auto version.
Old 30th August 2006, 18:11   #6
Team-BHP Support

Not too many auto-Octi's have been sold, and I don't htink any of our (active) members owns one. However, from what I've read in the magazines, they say its a bit sluggish, but nothing that can't be taken care of by a Pete's box!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2006, 18:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

V-16, The only advantage the Octi has here is its TDi engine, but since you say FE is not your top priority i would suggest the Civic for pure driving experience,thanks to the auto paddle shift. But best value for money you can get the Corolla auto for a good 1 lakh discount.
The Corolla is most spacious followed by the civic and last and literally the 'least' space is the Octi.
The Corolla will give you the best ownership experience thanks to toyotas flawless service and best FVM due to the heavy discounts. The car will give you FE of 10 which is very good for an auto.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 18:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for ur inputs guys. appreciate it.
Old 11th September 2006, 18:55   #9
BHPian

If the Auto is your priority, the Civic it is. The latest and the most smooth transmission. Octy is definitely the strongest. But like insane devil said, with the discounts going on, don't forget to test ride the Embera. Last i enquired, they had a 1 lac discount plus 50,000 hyundai loyalty bonus. This was 4 months back .

Cheers,
dMH
da MotorHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 20:36   #10
BHPian

Hey man you get paddle shift in Civic also it really looks very good ...its another segment winner from Honda...
why not try it ... definitely its fun to drive...
Civic is sure to bag atleast car of the year according to me...
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote