Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 1st September 2006, 15:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma
Hi!
I planned to buy a used Baleno/Palio with a budget of 4lacs.
Hi Mohan, for 4 lacs, you can buy a brand new Palio 1.2 ELX, thanks to massive discount of 50 - 70 K announced by Fiat India recently!
Go get this Italian beauty, you will enjoy driving it!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2006, 22:09   #17
BHPian

its better to buy a new baleno sedan at 5.3 lakhs than to go for a 5 year old baleno at 3.6 lakhs...... i love her a lot and she will not trouble you in maintenance part......
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 04:25   #18
BHPian

Default Buying Used Altura

Hi All,

I have planned to purchase my first second hand car. I have looked for Baleno or Altura and could find one Altura 2001 model. This is a second owner car and the dealer is asking a price of Rs 265000. Do you think this is a good buy.

Also I have seen on Maruti Esteem (2001) AX model. This car is also for sale and the final asking price for this is Rs 210000.

I wanted to know which of these two cars are good and my requirement is space, low maintenance, high mileage per litre of petrol.

Which of the two cars should I buy and which would have a good resale value too if I want to see off the car in 2 yrs. I have heard that Maruti Esteem AX would not give average 9 on highways, is that correct ?

Please assist me in finding the right car that I want.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 12:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

kailashnj,
welcome to Team BHP.

The altura is a lovely car. But if you are getting a 2nd owner car, then you become the 3rd owner, which is not such a good prospect when you decide to sell your car. therefore i would recommend that you look for a better car. Regarding the esteem, 2.1l for a single owner 2001 AX is very good. the mileage will vary according to the traffic. yes, the automatic drinks a little more than the manual. i hope this helps.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 17:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

OT : kailashnj, why does your avatar look the same as mine ?

Edit : Actually it is mine. Not that I have a problem about you borrowing it, but it could get confusing while posting / reading posts.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 27th October 2006 at 17:17.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 18:19   #21
GTS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv
its better to buy a new baleno sedan at 5.3 lakhs than to go for a 5 year old baleno at 3.6 lakhs
You bought a brand new Baleno for 5.3L? When and where? The max I could bargain for was 5.68 with some freebies thrown in and I thought I had a great bargain!
GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 00:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma
Hi!

I planned to buy a used Baleno/Palio with a budget of 4lacs. I use it mostly on the weekends and usage is less than 1000km per month. I am located in Bangalore. I am a tall person at 6.2'', and want to have a Car with good space. This is my first car. I have done a lot research before narrowing my choice to Baleno/Palio. The usage is mostly on City Roads, but occasionally I plan to take it out for sightseeing.

I came across a marutitruevalue certified Baleno Altura. This car is 2001 model, and ran for about 35,000 km. The price quoted is 3,60,000/-. I am quite excited about it loved ot own this car.

I would like to know your opinions on this deal. I don't know anybody having a Baleno Altura, but I read a lot of positive reviews about it. However, I am a bit worried about the maintenance, since it is not in active production. I don't want to depend too much upon the salesman's word. I highly appreciate your advice and opinions in this regard.

Thanks,
Mohan.
don't worry..even if the car is bought by someone else..it was way too expensive even by Bangalore standards....6 months there was a 2002 Jan clean altura done around 40,000 kms for around 3.35L at Sai service(equivalent to true value ) here in Mumbai....

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 00:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
Hi All,

I have planned to purchase my first second hand car. I have looked for Baleno or Altura and could find one Altura 2001 model. This is a second owner car and the dealer is asking a price of Rs 265000. Do you think this is a good buy.

Also I have seen on Maruti Esteem (2001) AX model. This car is also for sale and the final asking price for this is Rs 210000.

I wanted to know which of these two cars are good and my requirement is space, low maintenance, high mileage per litre of petrol.

Which of the two cars should I buy and which would have a good resale value too if I want to see off the car in 2 yrs. I have heard that Maruti Esteem AX would not give average 9 on highways, is that correct ?

Please assist me in finding the right car that I want.

Regards,
Kailash
Hey Kailash,

who is this dealer in Mumbai...who is offering the altura to you ? what's the month, color, mileage etc as this would help determine the mkt price for this car?

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 19:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
You bought a brand new Baleno for 5.3L? When and where? The max I could bargain for was 5.68 with some freebies thrown in and I thought I had a great bargain!
Doc, premdiv is mentioning Kerala prices, which are lower than TN prices due to the lower road tax.
Old 29th October 2006, 09:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Doc, premdiv is mentioning Kerala prices, which are lower than TN prices due to the lower road tax.
Yup I bought a Baleno LXi in Trichur, Kerala 2 weeks ago for 5.34 lakhs onroad.Very good car i should say!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 11:24   #26
GTS
BHPian

Hari Rama,
Congrats on your purchase of a new Baleno. Lucky guys in Kerala! I got the same thing but for about 30k extra :(

I saw your black beauty in the garage section. Have fun maintaining it! I too have a black one and it is two months since I brought it home. Excellent vehicle!

SB: Is the Road tax that low in Kerala? You mean about 30k low?

Regards,
GTS
GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 23:12   #27
BHPian

Thanks for your genorisity and allowing me to use your avtaar supremo baleno. I have actually used your avtaar only as I never knew how to create one since I am a newbie I promise I will change when I get the hang of this site.

Well the Baleno Altura that I am talking is available at one of the dealer in Thane. It is a Starlite Silver color manufactured in 2000 and registered in 2001 car. It is very well maintained and has clocked only 43000 kms. Yes it is a second owner car hence I would be the third owner.

He is asking the final price of 265000 and nothing less. But I have already bought a second hand Esteem Ax 2001 that I was talking about. Got a good deal and bought it for 200000. Hope I get some good mileage in this car and when I want to sell it off I get a good return value
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2006, 12:56   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
SB: Is the Road tax that low in Kerala? You mean about 30k low?
For cars weighing between 750kg and 1500kg, it is like 19K in Kerala (info from a website), while I think it is around 6% of vehicle cost in TN, which would be like double Kerala tax rates. And, maybe premdiv wrangled some more discounts than you and me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
Thanks for your genorisity and allowing me to use your avtaar supremo baleno.
No big deal. You can keep it for as long as you feel like.