Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2006, 14:25   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 110 Times
Question

Hi All,

I am planning to purchase the petra 1.6 ELXPS in pune. I have visited the Jay-Vijay motors for a test drive and i have heard the following:

1. The fuel efficiency is around 12-13 kmpl in city with a/c and 14-15 kmpl on highways. Is this true?

2. The price difference between ELPS and ELXPs model is around 74,000/. Is this justifyable?

3. Could anyone shed some light on the discount factor for the car? he offer me a price of around Rs. 516000/- for ELPS and Rs. 590000/- for ELXPS.

4. Can anyone give the comparison of the maintenance cost of fiat (petra) with the same segment of other cars (Baleno, flair, accent) ?


Thanks in advance.

Vj.
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 19:53   #2
BHPian
 
vivek.singh.73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 258
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

VJ,

I haven't heard of ELXPS so far, but my queries to Anroop, Hyd a year back for ELPS outlined that on road prices were in the range of 5.5 on road, bear mind in hyd we have abt 50k on tax itself.

Thanks
vivek.singh.73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 03:47   #3
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

the petra would not return more than 9-10 with ac in the city.12-13 is a little optimistic.the difference between elps and elxps is that the elps doesnt have power windows,electrically operated side view mirrors,reading lights,fog lights,tilt steering,alloy wheels,spoiler,central locking.yes the price difference is justified considering the amount of kit you get for taht money.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:13   #4
BHPian
 
greatDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 546
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
the petra would not return more than 9-10 with ac in the city.12-13 is a little optimistic.the difference between elps and elxps is that the elps doesnt have power windows,electrically operated side view mirrors,reading lights,fog lights,tilt steering,alloy wheels,spoiler,central locking.yes the price difference is justified considering the amount of kit you get for taht money.
Petra ELPS does have Power windows and powersteering and central locking, I have a ELPS,2005 model having all that

I think a difference of 40k is justifiable, Not sure if price of 74k difference is OK.

Fuel efficiency: You will get 9-10kmpl in city with 100% AC( till first Service), It will increase gradually to 10-11kmpl in city after that.
You can get 14-15 on highways.

cheers
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:50   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 448
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Petra ELPS does have Power windows and powersteering and central locking, I have a ELPS,2005 model having all that
I think a difference of 40k is justifiable, Not sure if price of 74k difference is OK.
GreatDrive:Until mid\end 2005 Petra came in only Trim(EL),when its Ex-show room price was less than 5 lacs.
Later Fiat,stripped down EL(Now it has only PowerSteering)and launched the ELX which has Powered Windows\Mirrors,Alloys,Spoiler,Adjustable steering,fogs,central locking,defogger etc.The 74K price tag is defly justifiable.

VJ:Please check the models they are offering to you.I had also enquired with Jay-Vijay.They were giving offers upto 60K for petra.But these care are pre TATA-Fiat alliance.means,they have lied idle for 5-6 months.If you want a August 2006 model vehicle,they will not give this discounts.This was told to me by Sandeep,Jay-Vijay sales person.So please check this one again

Regards,
Jraj
jraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 23:07   #6
Newbie
 
danny n maniyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i am danny petra gives 8 to 9 in city & highways i get 15 to 16
danny n maniyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 01:05   #7
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj
GreatDrive:Until mid\end 2005 Petra came in only Trim(EL),when its Ex-show room price was less than 5 lacs.
Later Fiat,stripped down EL(Now it has only PowerSteering)and launched the ELX which has Powered Windows\Mirrors,Alloys,Spoiler,Adjustable steering,fogs,central locking,defogger etc.The 74K price tag is defly justifiable.

Regards,
Jraj
.oh and not to forget you also get a kenwood hu with six speaker setup and side skirts.
do the maths.take all the individual components offered on the eplx ps compared to the elps and check their prices in an accessory shop.
the alloys ,spoiler,fog lamps,music system together will cost you close to 40k.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 13:04   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
.oh and not to forget you also get a kenwood hu with six speaker setup and side skirts.
do the maths.take all the individual components offered on the eplx ps compared to the elps and check their prices in an accessory shop.
the alloys ,spoiler,fog lamps,music system together will cost you close to 40k.
Alloys : 20,000
Spoiler : 7,500
Fog lamps : 5,000
music system: 10,000
power windows : 6K-8K.
Power mirrors : 6K-8K.
Adjustable steering: 3-4K (?)
Body color side skirting, mirrors : 3,000.

I would have gone ahead with ELX if it was available when I bought my car.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 16:33   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj
GreatDrive:Until mid\end 2005 Petra came in only Trim(EL),when its Ex-show room price was less than 5 lacs.
Later Fiat,stripped down EL(Now it has only PowerSteering)and launched the ELX which has Powered Windows\Mirrors,Alloys,Spoiler,Adjustable steering,fogs,central locking,defogger etc.The 74K price tag is defly justifiable.
Does any version of Petra has ABS with EBD, even as an optional?
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2006, 02:48   #10
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

when they switched over from siena to petra they dropped the model which had abs and airbags.it was called elxps sp."sp" stood for safety pckage and costed another 50k more than the elx.
i dont think they have reintroduced it in the market.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 16:15   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 110 Times
Lightbulb Back with other info

Hi All,

Thank you for all your valuable views and comments.

I am planning to book new ELXPS 1.6 (2006 model) and the quoted price is 5.9 lacs with the following as the added accessories:

1. Tube-less tyres
2. Sun roof
3. Matting
4. Fog lamp.

is it value for the mentioned price with added accessories?

and, how to find the MANUFACTURING date of the car.

Thanks,
vj
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 16:24   #12
BHPian
 
greatDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 546
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool

and, how to find the MANUFACTURING date of the car.

Thanks,
vj
Car chasis should have 2006 at the end (If I am not wrong).
Also check the tyres Manufacturing date.
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 19:52   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,638
Thanked: 1,265 Times
Default

Vijaycool,
the tyres should be manufactured around 2 months before the date of delivery.
Check the old tyres before getting the new tubeless ones put.
they will also mention it in the cars RC book.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 21:23   #14
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool
Hi All,


I am planning to book new ELXPS 1.6 (2006 model) and the quoted price is 5.9 lacs with the following as the added accessories:

1. Tube-less tyres
2. Sun roof
3. Matting
4. Fog lamp.

is it value for the mentioned price with added accessories?
Thanks,
vj
wow! thats a superb deal!

and which color are you gonna get?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 09:51   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 448
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Mfg Date for Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool
and, how to find the MANUFACTURING date of the car.
Congrats on your car!
When you open the bonnet of Petra,you can see Mfg Date column before the chassis number.If the car is manufactured in 2006,it should have something like an alphabet and then 06,where alphabet denotes the month(A for Jan,B for Feb and so on) and 06 the year.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jraj
jraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent - requesting info on oil change price for Palio 1.6 Sport Mad Max Technical Stuff 16 14th August 2008 09:47
FIAT Sienna 1.6 ELXPS Fully Loaded for Sale!!! rsdesai Shifting gears 4 30th October 2007 10:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks