Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd September 2006, 16:39   #1
fb1
BHPian

Default Need help on deciding a new car

hey people, Right now I own a toyota corolla 2006 very happy with the car ( only at night though ) and zen... We are going to sell the zen and instead of it we need a replacement car....

My choices are ( In no particular order )

Accent / Viva Crdi ( with petes tuning kit ofcourse )
Ford Fusion ( nice price, can spend a lil more and get nice rims and make it stand out )
Suzuki Swift ( can any one give me info on the swift sport ?? will it be launched in india any time soon, will definitely get the swift sport if its out )
any idea if honda is launching their hatchback called "JAZZ" in india.. ?? would love to get a honda and mugen accesories..

Thanks ppl pls help me out... and can you pls give me the prices mentioned for the cars above ONROAD. thanks
fb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 19:52   #2
BHPian

Default Why another sedan

Hi,

You already have a sedan (Corolla) and a hatch(Zen) and planning to replace it. Why look at another sedan ? I am assuming you want the other (new) car for shorter/city drives, so why don't you look at other small hatches(Santro/New Wagon R/Swift) or slightly larger hatches like Chevy SRV ?

Just trying to understand your requirements since I just made my assumptions that you may prefer 1 sedan for longer drives and the other to be a hatch for shorter drives.

subbarp
subbarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 20:26   #3
BHPian

I agree with subbarp.... why go for a sedan as a replacement of zen... i think it will be better to go for a hatch.... much better to drive in a city and much more easy to park.... if i had a choice, i'd be deciding amongst swift/getz or maybe even the new fusion... have heard good things about the old fusion and i presume that the new one is gonna be better...
ess_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 03:25   #4
fb1
BHPian

well the corolla is more of a family car which I get to drive some times.. the new car now will be my personal car so I was thinking of crdi accent ... liked swift but its way too common.. any one have info on swift sport or any new hot hatches... the ones in the market right now are boring.. Chevry SRV is good but not worth the price tag... I would rather spend 6 lakhs on the car and another 2 on modifying it than paying 8 lakhs for a stock car
fb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 10:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Kindly go through this thread before you put your query in What car? section. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...r-section.html

Only when people understand your requirements and priorities will they be able to help with proper solution.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote