Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 28th September 2006, 16:02   #61
BHPian

corolla for space, economy and performance...
turbofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 23:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofreak
corolla for space, economy and performance...
but can somebody tell me how much it costs to maintain a C+ segment car like a corolla or a civic? Basic servicing + general spares like belts, spark plugs, wheel alignemnt/balancing/cleaning, oil change etc. Possibly give these figures by the year would be useful (year-1, year2 etc.)
subbarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 02:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Sam, have a look at this site :http://www.fuelture.com/
Thanks for the link Insane Devil . ll check this out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Sorry Sam, didn't get the conversion from 11 km per litre to 10 kgs of CNG - how many litres is equivalent to 1 kg of CNG?
Suman, CNG increases the mileage of the car by say 40-50%(atleast thats what i 've been told) ..

0.9-1kg CNG =1 litre (approximate)
sam_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 07:42   #64
BHPian

Exclamation Total Cost of Ownership and Ownership Experience

Hi, While calculating costs please include the total cost of ownership, that is, cost of initial fitment, cost of maintenance, cost of breakdown etc (I wish there was a way to quantify irritation and sometimes stress when a car breaks down or goes for repair ). Only then you get a fully rounded number.

Thanks,
-P.
Octavia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 13:02   #65
BHPian

Default Hyundai will be introducing their Sonata models in CNG Versions by Jan 2007??

Hey guys ,all my worries will be put to rest if this actually happens ...

"Hyundai will be introducing their Sonata models in CNG Versions by Jan 2007."

source: http://www.bharathautomobiles.com/directory/Tips_and_Advice/Car_Buying_Tips/CNG_Vehicles/

Now how far is that true ? If it is ,than all i need to do is close my eyes and go for the Embera ...

What say guys ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia2
breakdown etc (I wish there was a way to quantify irritation and sometimes stress when a car breaks down or goes for repair ). Only then you get a fully rounded number.Thanks,
-P.
Hi octavia2 ,could you please share one or two such incidence with us ...
Old 30th September 2006, 13:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Would that be running on

1>.Cng alone

2>. Cng + petrol

3>. Cng + diesel[crdi].
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 13:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Would that be running on

1>.Cng alone

2>. Cng + petrol

3>. Cng + diesel[crdi].
I guess, it 'll be running on CNG+petrol ...

I feel ,once HMIL do that ,sonata sales are really really gonna pick up ... I am keeping my fingers crossed ..
Old 30th September 2006, 19:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

So have you posted your query to business motoring as well.This is what the experts have to say. For the benefit of team bhp I am putting it here as it is :

First and foremost I thank you for giving us a world class magazine. I am confused between the Honda Civic and Hyundai Sonata Embera. Let me honestly tell you that I am more interested in buying a new Sonata Embera (I am getting a very good deal). Also, is it a good idea to fit a CBG kit in the Embera? Will it be safe?

Sameer, New Delhi

Go for the Sonata. It is a bigger car than the Civic and is coming to you at a good price. What you save should go into fuel, which is not a bad thing. As for CNG, get a conversion done at a good mechanic who is well versed with the stuff, but do it after a year (after the warranty for the powertrain has expired). Once a good job is done, you don’t have to worry about any mishaps. This is only if you’re determined to convert to CNG – we do not recommend aftermarket kits yet, since we don’t know how authentic the job done will be.

Source : bsmotoring website
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 20:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_78
Hey guys ,all my worries will be put to rest if this actually happens ...

"Hyundai will be introducing their Sonata models in CNG Versions by Jan 2007."

source: http://www.bharathautomobiles.com/directory/Tips_and_Advice/Car_Buying_Tips/CNG_Vehicles/

Now how far is that true ? If it is ,than all i need to do is close my eyes and go for the Embera ...

What say guys ??
But I do not think the CNG version will have such a great discount.
And if it becomes popular, obviosly discounts are gonna be less.

My suggession would be buy the Sonata now, grab the discounts, run the car on petrol (6 months approx) till the CNG version is out.
And then get the CNG fitted from Hyundai itself.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 20:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

[
Civic : The newest of the lot with the best exteriors and interiors and high snob value and the Honda legendry service is enough of areason to buy this Beautiful car .I love Honda .

i own a honda and love it too..but what was that "HONDA LEGENDERY SERVICE" ?? were u being sarcastic or what ?!! service is almost non existent in most cities
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 21:21   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
So have you posted your query to business motoring as well.This is what the experts have to say. For the benefit of team bhp I am putting it here as it is :
..................Source : bsmotoring website

.........hmmmmm and to think that the experts flich info from us, Hyundai Accord onwards
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 01:28   #72
BHPian

Ya rahul i did post this query at bsmotoring .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
My suggession would be buy the Sonata now, grab the discounts, run the car on petrol (6 months approx) till the CNG version is out.
And then get the CNG fitted from Hyundai itself.
Yup dipen ,thats exactly what i 've in my mind but its not yet confirmed whether HMIL 'll launch the CNG version ,so i cant totally rely on this piece of news .
I am talking to some of the CNG dealers and trying to understand how good/bad it 'll do to the car .. but i feel HMIL should do it as this 'll boost up the sales . I hope they do it ASAP .
Old 1st October 2006, 21:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

hey or value for money its sonata.low on maintenence compared to the rest and if you have a bit of patience wait untill the crdi v6 sonata is launched in dec but sorry that it wont have any discounts . if you have made up your mind for petrol then embera is a choice .
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 14:59   #74
BHPian

Hi Guys! For those of you who own or have seen Sonata Embera in various colours...which colour should I go for? I am not going for Black! :'( though I read someone suggest a deep pearl blue for Embera somewhere... Is there any other colour you guys prefer?

I would like a colour which makes the car looks classy and elegant more than anything else. No Black please.

Thanks in advance!
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 15:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn
Hi Guys! For those of you who own or have seen Sonata Embera in various colours...which colour should I go for?
White looks good on the Embera
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote