Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 2nd April 2007, 12:24   #121
BHPian

No matter how long you wait there will always be new cars waiting to be launched. I personally feel buy whatever you like now.
nik1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 20:11   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
hey sam,think once more.optra high end petrol is costing you that price.the diesel i guess ,if its priced for that money then the features would be too less.still the embera would be a better buy considering the value for money aspect.fully loaded and the necessary safety aspects too.any way you are prepared to wait till june ,make a last moment study too ,regards ram
I meant under Rs. 10 lacs(x- showroom). However ,the Price should not be an issue with the diesel optra , i am sure it would not exceed my budget(Rs. 10-12 lacs) and same has been confirmed by all the Auto magz and others .
Embera is no more on the list since i dont intend to put CNG .. The best thing about the Optra i feel is that the maintainance is totally taken care by the GM itself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
No matter how long you wait there will always be new cars waiting to be launched. I personally feel buy whatever you like now.
Agreed. But what to do when there's no good diesel car available ... The only one is Skoda Octavia ,and we all are aware of its (dated)looks and the maintainance, you fear all the more when you intend to keep the car for the coming 5 years ..
sam_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:37   #123
BHPian

is anyone aware of the specs of the planned oil-burner ???

The Optra , sold as the Lacetti in the UK has a 2litre 121PS crdi ... with 280NM torque , if thats any indication of what to expect ...
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote