Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 26th September 2006, 21:43   #1
BHPian

Unhappy

Whic one of Civic MT or Corolla H1?

My drive is 60 Km or so per day, Mainly Highway, and MOSTLY Chauffer driven.

Want Rear seat comfort, decent suspension, Good boot, Good FE, decent resale after at least 5 years and decently priced spares. VFM

Want just a decent power and seamless delivery. I am not a speed maniac and nor is the Chauffer allowed to really speed.

Corolla is decently priced right now with good discounts. HE model expected to be further discounted in the coming months.

I have heard and seen that Civic has lower ground clearance than Corolla. Has lesser rear seat comfort, less FE, smaller boot, less luxurious interiors. But --- Dashboard is futuristic and amazing. Better engine. Latest Tech.

Civic is more of a drivers car (in my case Chauffer).

Please help
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 00:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Forgive me if i may seem offtopic but your requirements I feel are fulfilled by a completly different car.
Namely the Toyota innova.It would give you a corolla like experience but at the same time you will not repent whenever you see a Honda civic.The innova would be good for the highways,Give good boot space[if you can call it so],provide you with the bonus advantage of diesel engine in terms of fuel costs,you dont have to worry about its size since it would be chauffer driven.

If innova is a no-no then go for the honda civic since you plan to sell your car after five years by which time the toyota corolla would have been replaced by another model by toyota.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 00:44   #3
BHPian

Well, i saw the new advt in the paper, stating that Corolla Executive is just 8.23. I did not have time to check futher on the same....

Do make a research before u decide... My vote z for City.

Jai
nevertouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 08:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

go for Civic if you are ready to spend a bit more. Is worth the investment.

BTW there is already a long thread open on this topic.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 27th September 2006 at 08:34.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 09:18   #5
BHPian

My Vote goes for Civic!
Corolla is bit an Old model which could be replaced with a new design in a year or two.

As rahul said, Innova could be another alternative when compared to space and comfort.
dsinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 10:44   #6
BHPian

If you are looking more for rear seat comfort, why not take a look at the Optra Royale. Its much cheaper, and gives best in class space and comfort.

Though power is low, but ok for a chauffer, and resale value is lesser.

Also, if you are not worried about sedan vs. MUV status, then the Innova is a great bet.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 11:39   #7
BHPian

Hey alankarm@sancha,

As per your top requirement of Rear seat comfort for being chauffer driven, the Corolla is the best one for u. Civic definately is a self driven one! it has awesome power and awesome interior driver cabin styling and all, which is of no use to a Chauffer driven one. I found the Civic's rear seats really pathetic! so low, and thigh support is jus not there, i mean the seats could be a tad more lenghtier towards the knee.

Corolla on the other hand, having higher ground clearnance will defiantely appeal u a lot more than the Civic. Spares are almost similarly priced as both Toyota and Honda are expensive in this category.

Regarding the resale value thing, In India Honda has much better resale than the Toyota in respect to both Civic and Accord vs. Corolla and Camry. When u are bound to keep it for 5 years n above, then that should not bother u much, as the drop in resale for the Corolla will compensate on the "being driven" pleasure u get from the Corolla. 5 Years from now, when lotsa Civics will be available for resale in the market at very less prices, the Corolla will definately suffer a setback but nothing too big. Toyota are known to be sturdy and last for years and years!

Fuel Consumption would be similar in both cars, so nothing much to worr of it.
For the price that Corolla is coming now, its definately a stealdeal!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 20:15   #8
BHPian

I Think I will finalise the CIVIC MT as the reports of users are phemonenal. They are claiming mileage upto 15+ already (just 1-2 months).
NOW WHICH COLOUR? I liked the Red & Black but cant take them as too much effort required in cleaning them here in Rajasthan. Did not like Grey and Bluish silver. White is the easiest to maintain but would prefer a metallic. That leaves only Silver -- this is also just ok ok colour. Would have loved a light golden / champagne sort of a colour -- but not available :-(. What do I do?
Old 28th September 2006, 21:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha
They are claiming mileage upto 15+ already (just 1-2 months).
Highway figures right.

Honda india during launch had said that fe would be around 2kmpl less than Honda city.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 28th September 2006 at 22:03.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 22:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha
I Think I will finalise the CIVIC MT as the reports of users are phemonenal. They are claiming mileage upto 15+ already (just 1-2 months).
dude, i would be surpised if it even gave u anything more than 10kmpl in city driving! talking of the MT here... If u going for the Civic for its so called "15kmpl" mileage, then think again...
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 22:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

I had a go at the Civic last week and was completely blown away. Not only is it better looking, it's also got better interiors and is more involving to drive.
The Corolla is an older design. It's still comfortable and reliable , but, the Civic is just as reliable and better in every other aspect.
Go for the Civic.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 22:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Civic, cos thats exactly what you're gonna do, eventually. Hehe

Hey, did you check out the new "Nighthawk Black" colour that they've launched? Civic looks deadly in it.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 22:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
I had a go at the Civic last week and was completely blown away. Not only is it better looking, it's also got better interiors and is more involving to drive.
The Corolla is an older design. It's still comfortable and reliable , but, the Civic is just as reliable and better in every other aspect.
Go for the Civic.

i echo this completely... civic all the way...mind numbing interiors and an awesome awesome engine!
Rice_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 23:23   #14
BHPian

my vote would be for civic , its surely a head turner, if you are in driver seat you will feel as if you are in a cockpit, that too the new black is too kool.

But iam not sure about the back seat comfort as i was much interested in the driver seat

If you looking for a resale value and maintanence honda scores
venkatesh_t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:05   #15
BHPian

Which Colour to buy?

Bluish silver has been finalised but can change it till before delivery. I like Black and Red but TOOO dofficult to maintain here in Rajasthan as it is very dusty and our business of marble is even dustier with white dust.

Grey I didnt like. White is too simple. Even silver is too comon. That leaves Bluish Silver. Is this colour decent? I found it a bit on the dark side.

Help me out please