Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 2nd January 2007, 22:36   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
However, for petrol, I would definitely opt for the Fiesta 1.6. It's got more power and mileage than the NHC, and the money that one would save by not going for the NHC can be put towards minor mods and accessories!
Well you made a controversial statement. Fiesta 1.6 having more mileage than NHC. Definitely its the most powerful car in the segment with its ride and handling and gearbox being the best but what you said about mileage is sure to raise some eyebrows.

NHC is supposed to have the best mileage among sedans in its class..........
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Finally got to test drive the Verna CRDi today (diesel not available in the market I am in) and I'm blown away by the Torque Wave. This little car has so much power that its ridiculous.

Dont bother comparing with the Fiesta TDCi - that car doesnt come close by a large margin. The only - SLIGHT - advantage the Fiesta has is marginally better refinement. I say MARGINAL - its like maybe 10% advantage in refinement versus a 40% odd advantage for the Verna in power.

Given the amount of Torque on Tap, the Fiesta 1.6 petrol isnt competition in terms of power delivery either.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
I've heard that the Verna CRDi puts up these impressive numbers due to the turbocharger present in the diesel engine....is this true?
Fiesta also has a turbocharger (even Indigo has it, though it is not a common rail engine). But the torgue and power depends on the respective common rail/turbo technologies, the tuining done and many other finer points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Definitely its the most powerful car in the segment
Adarsh, You are also making a controversial statement now
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 15:02   #34
BHPian

Hi all,

I am buying a verna crdi this week and at negotiation stage with 2 dealers. Hyundai has hiked the price by 10K and crdi is 7.93 L in cochin.

What are the accessories I can negotiate with the dealer while buying a verna crdi? Please advice.

being a new car, dealers are not offering anything. I had a hard time at the dealers today. One dealer said he would try for remote entry, teflon coating n also old price of 7.83L.

Regards,
ICEMAN
a_micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 15:54   #35

If the dealer is giving you at old price, he will give you 2006 manufactured car rather than 2007. I'ld suggest to go for 2007 only.
amandeepmonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 16:14   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepmonga View Post
If the dealer is giving you at old price, he will give you 2006 manufactured car rather than 2007. I'ld suggest to go for 2007 only.
Well actually till Feb/March, all cars sold will be most probably be 2006 model only. This could be wrong only if they are selling like hot cakes.

Sureshot way to find out which model is to check your car a day or two before delivery on the tyres.

Date of manafacture of tyres are given, so add a month or two max to that month and voila you get your original month of manafacture of your car
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 16:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sureshot way to find out which model is to check your car a day or two before delivery on the tyres.
I think most engines have manufacture date printed on them, isn't it?
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 16:26   #38
Team-BHP Support

@misdivy, no that is not the case. I checked the entire engine bay for this info when i took delivery of my car. It wasnt there. So i checked the tyres and saw that it had Aug'06 printed on them. Since i was taking delivery on Oct 1st,06. It was perfectly fine.

Whereas a friend of mine who has the same car took his car delivery on Jan'06 and i showed him this trick to check the tyres very recently until then he too was thinking his car is 2006 manafactured and he was to see that his tyres had July'05 on them.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:35   #39
Team-BHP Support

Default Some Tips of Negotiation

@micky to answer your original question. Here are some tips from my experience of buying cars in last 8 years

a) Always take quotes from all dealers in your city and pit them against each other. Say, that dealer promised to give blah blah, add a few items imaginarily . Do this with all of them till your satisfied that you got a long list of freebies added

b) Since Verna sales hasnt picked up that well, it is best to negotiate for following:-

Keyless Entry
Teflon Coat- 3 Coats ( 1 before delivery, 2 during 1st service)
Mats
Fog Lamps, if they are not already part of the package
Body Cover ( Even if its not original, doesnt matter, it will atleast protect the car)
Leather Steering cover, if its already not part of package

Thats what i can think of right away. Trust me, if you have some patience and really know how to pit these dealers against each other..you will get a hellvua lot of freebies

Goodluck and post you final deal here
Old 11th January 2007, 16:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey mobike008, that would be tyre manufacturing date and it depends on the car company's inventory. On my car, the manufacturing date is imprinted on the chassiss, under the bonnet.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Teflon Coat- 3 Coats ( 1 before delivery, 2 during 1st service)
Fog Lamps, if they are not already part of the package
Efficacy of teflon coating is debatable. Fog lamps are standard on all Verna variants. In lieu of these, please negotiate for a good enough ICE from the dealer.
Old 11th January 2007, 17:27   #42
BHPian

I think the price quoted for a_micky may be for a 2006 model only. I contacted a couple of dealers and they told they will give the 2006 model car for the old price + security system + 10K exchange bonus.
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 17:32   #43
BHPian

Wait for a few days.We should be getting the 2007 cut-off date (cars which can be registered as 2007 model cars) soon.Although 2007 year production has started, all of these vehicles cannot be registered as 2007.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 10:40   #44

I have checked yesterday with the Company Owned showroom at Delhi, 2007 manufactured cars are available but they are on demand only and are being delivered on bookings. They are having stock of 2006 and giving discounts on those only and no discounts for 2007 manufactured one.

I've checked Verna Xi model (Petrol) which has good interiors than Verna Diesel and the person I spoke to told me that the engine is VTVT which is being used in New Honda City (V-tech) top end model and the mileage of Petrol one is 14 in city and 17 on highway as given by NHC.

Is Verna's (Petrol) VTVT engine is the same of NHC ? and Is the mileage he is saying is correct? I am confused on going for Aveo 1.4 (Rs.5.63 Ex-showroom, Delhi after discounts) and Verna Xi Petrol (Rs.6.43 Ex-showroom, Delhi).
amandeepmonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 11:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepmonga View Post
the person I spoke to told me that the engine is VTVT which is being used in New Honda City (V-tech) top end model and the mileage of Petrol one is 14 in city and 17 on highway as given by NHC.

the hyundai VTVT can never be compared to the Honda VTEC. NEVER.

Last edited by DCEite : 12th January 2007 at 11:10.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote