Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 13th January 2007, 20:52   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post
mine is a 2006 model, am taking delivery on 22nd.
the tyre's had 0506 printed on, may b the vehicle was manufactured in the period june- aug'06.

go for white dude..it looks cool. I did not have much choice, only silver, real earth, kyra n black were available.

am really excited n can hardly wait for it to arrive.
Yes, I can understand your excitement :-) It is a good car yaar.. and I'm sure you'll love it.
I'll have a look at the car in the showroom the coming Monday and take a decision after that.
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 20:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Around 5000...let me guess.....they dont have the price list of Verna's extended warranty. They have quoted you the Accent CRDi's extended warranty price. Better bluff them and finalize the deal. Dont talk about price of extended warranty just finalize deal on the basis that they will give extended warranty for free.
Yes, thats what I'm planning to do next week. I hope the extended warranty is really worth it, and those guys wont make lame excuses when we make claims...
Old 14th January 2007, 09:46   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Adarsh, You are also making a controversial statement now
Well may be the Verna CRDi has better acceleration figures than Fiesta 1.6 Petrol but still the dynamics of Fiesta is better.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 11:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Around 5000...let me guess.....they dont have the price list of Verna's extended warranty. They have quoted you the Accent CRDi's extended warranty price. Better bluff them and finalize the deal. Dont talk about price of extended warranty just finalize deal on the basis that they will give extended warranty for free.
Yes, they didnt have the price list for vernas extended warranty. I went to the dealer yesterday and took another test drive of the car. The car looks ok, except that the steering doesnt give you a feel of the speed, particularly at high speeds... My wife was sitting in the back seat, and she was happy with the suspension....
Regarding the deal, the manager of Hilton Hyundai came and tried to bluff me saying stuff about hyundai and how they treat the dealers, about which I was least interested. The sales guy had promised to give extended warranty, but the manager told he wont give.. This is their usual tactics, one posing as the nice guy and the other one, bad guy. If we yield to them, they win; else its the other way round, ies it. I bluntly told him I would go for the better deal from Popular, and promptly he agreed to give 1 yr extended warranty costing around 9000/-... so, booking the car (white CRDI) tomorrow.. have to arrange the documents for the loan today. More later..

Last edited by vivekkr_99 : 16th January 2007 at 11:33.
Old 16th January 2007, 11:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Gr8 to hear you are booking the car. But IMHO Silver, Maroon and Red suits best as Verna looks bigger and one can easily spot that its verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Yes, they didnt have the price list for vernas extended warranty. I went to the dealer yesterday and took another test drive of the car. The car looks ok, except that the steering doesnt give you a feel of the speed, particularly at high speeds... My wife was sitting in the back seat, and she was happy with the suspension....
Regarding the deal, the manager of Hilton Hyundai came and tried to bluff me saying stuff about hyundai and how they treat the dealers, about which I was least interested. The sales guy had promised to give extended warranty, but the manager told he wont give.. This is their usual tactics, one posing as the nice guy and the other one, bad guy. If we yield to them, they win; else its the other way round, ies it. I bluntly told him I would go for the better deal from Popular, and promptly he agreed to give 1 yr extended warranty costing around 9000/-... so, booking the car (white CRDI) tomorrow.. have to arrange the documents for the loan today. More later..
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 15:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
promptly he agreed to give 1 yr extended warranty costing around 9000/-... so, booking the car (white CRDI) tomorrow..
Vivekkr, that's a good deal, did u also check for car security?

Verna gives out a Royal look in white. I've seen more of white Verna's on the road than any other color....good choice of color.

Cheers,
ICEMAN
a_micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 15:56   #67
BHPian

Wow that’s great. I have also heard that extended warranty is only for 1 year and they don’t have any plan for 2 or may be 3 years extended warranty. The white is the color to go for!! I went to them to buy white but since it was not available finally settled down to bright silver. Ask if they can upgrade the tyres to may be 195/60/14 or 185/65/14 as that would be the next thing you will do when you drive it out from the showroom. If it cost you another 2000-3000 its worth an upgrade as the tyres they give are worthless and after they 50% worn-out the car will skid and not run!!
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 16:13   #68
BHPian

Also I remember you have Zen VX. You selling it through them? What price have they quoted including 10000 bonus? Have you got it valued by local second hand car dealers? You can claim 10000 bonus even if you dont sell your Zen through them.
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 16:57   #69

Although the Fiesta scores over the Verna in the looks department, the Verna scores in fuel efficiency, responsiveness, quality of finish and trims related to pricing...offering a value for money package.
hiphopdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 12:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Gr8 to hear you are booking the car. But IMHO Silver, Maroon and Red suits best as Verna looks bigger and one can easily spot that its verna.
They had three cars of 2006 model (White, Red and Kyara). Before we went to the showroom, I wanted a black and my wife wanted a white (See the difference ), and she won. The thing is that I wanted a Verna and she wanted a White car. Now both of us are happy.
A sparkling red was on display there, but somehow the white caught our attention...
Old 17th January 2007, 12:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post
Vivekkr, that's a good deal, did u also check for car security?

Verna gives out a Royal look in white. I've seen more of white Verna's on the road than any other color....good choice of color.

Cheers,
ICEMAN
They dont give the car security. Even if they give, it will be the base version only, I think. I would like to have something with gear lock (if that term is correct), so I need to search for that.
Old 17th January 2007, 13:04   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Wow thatís great. I have also heard that extended warranty is only for 1 year and they donít have any plan for 2 or may be 3 years extended warranty. The white is the color to go for!! I went to them to buy white but since it was not available finally settled down to bright silver. Ask if they can upgrade the tyres to may be 195/60/14 or 185/65/14 as that would be the next thing you will do when you drive it out from the showroom. If it cost you another 2000-3000 its worth an upgrade as the tyres they give are worthless and after they 50% worn-out the car will skid and not run!!
They told the extended warranty is for one year (and today he confirmed that it is somewhere around 9500/-)
I am trying to upgrade the tyres to Michelin (as advised by Adarsh76 in a PM to me), in exchange of the stock tyres. And may go for the upsize in that case. Depends on the extra cash I need to churn out for that.

Quote:
Also I remember you have Zen VX. You selling it through them? What price have they quoted including 10000 bonus? Have you got it valued by local second hand car dealers? You can claim 10000 bonus even if you dont sell your Zen through them.
You are right. Currently, I'm planning to sell it through them. Now the car is in Bangalore and I'll be driving it to Tvm next friday. First will check the price with Maruti true value and get a quote. The hyundai dealer has a tie-up with Automart India for second hand cars. If their quoted price is way less than the one from Truevalue, I wont go for it.
I didnt know that I can claim the 10K bonus even if the deal was not done through them, thanks for the info.
Again, next week I need to get the no claim bonus certificate from my current insurance company and give it to the dealer.
Old 17th January 2007, 13:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
They told the extended warranty is for one year (and today he confirmed that it is somewhere around 9500/-)
I am trying to upgrade the tyres to Michelin (as advised by Adarsh76 in a PM to me), in exchange of the stock tyres. And may go for the upsize in that case. Depends on the extra cash I need to churn out for that.

You are right. Currently, I'm planning to sell it through them. Now the car is in Bangalore and I'll be driving it to Tvm next friday. First will check the price with Maruti true value and get a quote. The hyundai dealer has a tie-up with Automart India for second hand cars. If their quoted price is way less than the one from Truevalue, I wont go for it.
I didnt know that I can claim the 10K bonus even if the deal was not done through them, thanks for the info.
Again, next week I need to get the no claim bonus certificate from my current insurance company and give it to the dealer.
Vivek, when buying Michelin buy from an authorised dealer. In Cochin Global Tyres, is the authorised one. Their telephone number is 0484 - 2347024 and 0484 - 2347025. Insist on warranty and try to get the maximum discounts possible. Ask them if Michelin has authorised dealers in Trivandrum. Also I suggest you to do the wheel alignment and balancing at these centers rather than at the hyundai dealership. These people have the latest "Hunter" equipments which is perfect. Need to do it only very 8000 kms or when you feel the car is tilting to one direction. But proper alignment makes the tyres run longer.

All the best......
Old 17th January 2007, 19:37   #74
BHPian

i feel you should go in for the toyota corolla, toyota would still get a better resale and also its a toyota. it may not be a great car overall but, you fall in a different class,than the mid segment sedans, also you just run average of 600-700 kms per month so petrol make a lof of sense.
so its toyota. go ahead.
hishamkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 20:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamkabir View Post
i feel you should go in for the toyota corolla, toyota would still get a better resale and also its a toyota. it may not be a great car overall but, you fall in a different class,than the mid segment sedans, also you just run average of 600-700 kms per month so petrol make a lof of sense.
so its toyota. go ahead.
Are you sure corolla will get a better resale now especially after the price cuts and the launch of Civic? Also new corolla is on the way.

Moreover the Verna Diesel is still cheaper than Corolla even after the price cuts. So which will be cheaper in long run? And last Verna is a new model while Corolla is almost outdated now.