Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 5th October 2006, 07:08   #1
BHPian

Arrow

I was looking aroung for a car. I sow maruti 800, 100 and esteem. My buget limit is Rs 80,000. When i was looking for their review i checked Cielo reviews by their users. I come up with cielo is great car and 90% users satisfied with the car. I impressed with that because of it's Style, Performance, Handling, Build Quality, Interiors, Equipment.... only the problem is company closed in india. spare parts not avilable.

I'm in mumbai now, i want to buy cielo and take it to udupi - karnataka and i will drive there. what you people recommend? is this my wrong decision going for cielo? can i get better then cielo at my buget limit? please help me out
deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 08:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Cielo is a very good car. Price will hover around 1L. My friend had one. He repainted the bumpers etc and was good looking too. Had an accident (hit a tree..slept for a while!!) and spent around 60k to change bumpers etc. I asked the question how did he get the spares. he told they are available in the market. in mumbai it won't be a problem at all i think. Cielo with LPG converted and carefully driven is value for money. when you sell, you get almost same money!!.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 08:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee
Cielo is a very good car. Price will hover around 1L. My friend had one. He repainted the bumpers etc and was good looking too. Had an accident (hit a tree..slept for a while!!) and spent around 60k to change bumpers etc. I asked the question how did he get the spares. he told they are available in the market. in mumbai it won't be a problem at all i think. Cielo with LPG converted and carefully driven is value for money. when you sell, you get almost same money!!.
Thanks kutlee for information.....how much it cost him for maintaining it? any idea
Old 5th October 2006, 13:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

In Udupi you certainly can't maintain it. The parts are only available in major cities & that also takes some effort to find them. I've owned two matiz's so I know what I'm talking about. Plus she's not cheap to run & neither are the spare parts cheap, when you find them that is.

Best for you would be to find either a decent Esteem, Zen or Santro. These would easy & cheap to maintain then the Cielo, be more fuel efficient too & also spares are readily available all over India.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 13:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
In Udupi you certainly can't maintain it. The parts are only available in major cities & that also takes some effort to find them. I've owned two matiz's so I know what I'm talking about. Plus she's not cheap to run & neither are the spare parts cheap, when you find them that is.

Best for you would be to find either a decent Esteem, Zen or Santro. These would easy & cheap to maintain then the Cielo, be more fuel efficient too & also spares are readily available all over India.
OK. I agree.... will get get good esteem zen or santro at my bugest that is maximum 80k. ?
Old 5th October 2006, 13:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

deadman,
why would you want to end up with a deadcar ? cielo was a great car until they shut shop. now it is available for anything between 25k to 60k. it is not worth paying anything more than 60k, no matter how good the car is. If you buy one & keep it for a year or 2, you will end up spending more than the value of the car on maintenance & also you will find it very difficult to sell the car. there are very few people looking for a cielo.

for your budget, as suggested by iraghava, get a 95 esteem or a zen. you will never regret it, specially since you will not be in a city, a maruti is best for ease of maintenance. cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 13:53   #7
BHPian

Thanks for advice iraghava, esteem_lover. Actualy i came in this forum to get advice... thats what i expected and getting right now I still not decided completely to go with cielo. Now i'm thinking about esteem or zen.. if it's older then 6-7 year then will is start giving me problems... as i was reading somewhere that second hand car must be 5-6 year maximum... or there will be no juice left in that.... if so will i get those type of car in my limit?

Last edited by deadman : 5th October 2006 at 14:07.
Old 5th October 2006, 14:28   #8
BHPian

In bangalore cieloes are available below 80K, but what matters is the state of the car. I don't think maintenence would be that easy on a cielo. Heard that parts are very costly and at times difficult to get as well
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 14:35   #9
BHPian

Yes, as kutlee said "My friend had one. He repainted the bumpers etc and was good looking too. Had an accident (hit a tree..slept for a while!!) and spent around 60k to change bumpers etc" Just repairing bumper cost him a second hand car price ....OMG
Old 5th October 2006, 14:36   #10
BHPian

I'm highly doubtful about esteems... but you can get a carb maruti 1000 (the older brother of the esteem) or a carb 95-98 period zen. And by the 95 esteem esteem lover was talking about, I presume he means the same thing.

Godspeed,

Alok
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 15:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
I'm highly doubtful about esteems... but you can get a carb maruti 1000 (the older brother of the esteem) or a carb 95-98 period zen.
Quote:
And by the 95 esteem esteem lover was talking about, I presume he means the same thing.

Godspeed,

Alok
same thing meaning a maruti 1000 ? no. i said a 95 esteem, not a 95 1000. you can get a decently maintained esteem for around 80-90k here. in case you dont find one, then consider the 1000 if you are particular about the boot, else get a zen.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 23:00   #12
Jay
BHPian

Would strongly suggest you not to go for the Cielo... maintenance is costly and spares hard to find... you can go for an 800, Zen or an esteem instead...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 00:19   #13
BHPian

I Accept you peoples advice as you are expert in this field. ..... I think maruti 800 or zen will suit my body bcoz i'm slim and just 5Feet 6" or so..... lol...