Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 12th October 2006, 14:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_sukumar
Is NHC CVT really superior to Manual/or put in another way is it really usefull?
Drving conditions -
In Mumbai-Kemps to Nariman Pt.
Every two months a trip to Goa.
As I said I feel silly asking this Question,but may be in this vast forum some one may be there,who can answer this.
There is no such thing as a silly question. Maybe off-topic, as in this case.
Send a PM to navin and Dippy, who use CVTs and they will be able to answer the question you have.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th October 2006 at 14:16.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 14:28   #17
BHPian

Wow guys. Thanks a lot, esp people who gave me the numbers. Verna CRDi seems to make more sense by the minute. I really don't want to go for a second hand car, since I dont have the time to hunt for it, inspect it, that too in a new city ( I am in mumbai, moving to hyd ) where I have no reliable mechanic to speak of.

Diesel does seem to make more sense, and if its diesel, its gotta be Verna CRDi. Baleno is old, and I can't trade in my Esteem, gifting it to my little bro. Lets see if I can crunch some numbers, and make Verna affordable. *sigh*.

If it doesnt, I think a Swift or Getz, will have to do ( maybe a K&N filter will atleast make them sound good ). It seems there are a lot of threads on Swift here, but not a lot on Getz, any particular reason. I thought Getz had a bigger and better engine?

First thing I would be doing, would be to test drive the Verna CRDi.

You guys rule. Thanks a lot, really appreciate it.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 15:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie
Driving Style : Fast, like to be the first one of the red light.
Considering your driving style, other road users are better off, if you get a slower car
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 15:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Diesel looses it breath at around 4 - 4.5K where as petrol oh yeah minimum 6000 RPM. Boy now we are talking.

In diesel just push the paddle hard and you are at 4K rpm in no time whereas in petrol the real fun starts after 4k RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Verna CRDi : Its fast and I havent driven it yet. But I can tell you that high-revving a petrol is much more fun than driving a diesel "fast". Case point : I enjoy my Vtec more than the C220.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 15:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

Swift is better from performance point than swift(more powerful engine). Getz has more space(which is not important to you!),
So if you decide to go for a sub 5L hot hatch, its the swift for you. K&N will give you 3-4 horses more and you can spend money on some other mods after warranty period to bump up your bhp to around 95(Free flow, plugs, headers,.....).
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 15:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Smokie: If it doesnt, I think a Swift or Getz, will have to do ( maybe a K&N filter will atleast make them sound good ). It seems there are a lot of threads on Swift here, but not a lot on Getz, any particular reason. I thought Getz had a bigger and better engine?

===

Ravi: I guess we have less Getz owners here than Swift, thats why so many threads on Swift. Please keep in mind Swift Diesel is due very soon by this year end. Early 2007 palio, petras expected with better interior and exterior so If you can wait for couple of months you will get more choices and also since 2006 year end is near its good idea If you buy new car by 2007 Feb. so you get 2007 manufacturd car or try to buy new car which is manufactured in 2006 in jan 2007, if you arelucky you get good discounts during dec and january months

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 16:13   #22
BHPian

tsk : Thats exactly what I had in mind. Maybe you will see some posts from me, if I buy the Swift, after the warranty period

ravi : Buying a diesel swift, does not make any sense to me, since people here have suggested that diesel will less power and feel less exhilirating than a petrol engine ( VTEC vs c220 in the post above). But I am really interested about the getting the car cheaper at the end of the year deal. Since, I wont be selling this car, the year of manufacture wont matter to me. Swift site says that Ex-Showroom price of swift is Rs. 425354 in hyderabad. How much discount do you think I can get on this?
Old 15th October 2006, 09:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Palio 1.6 is the most fun to drive car with good safety and control thrown in.

If looking at a used car look at the mitsubishi lancer and put in the Mivec. The total cost should be around 7-8 lacs if I remember correctly.

keep the looks stock. Take on any stock or modded RS, Vtec, Baleno head-on. They would never know what hit them.

otherwise for a used performance car honda city Vtec is the best bet. I have driven it and its a blast to drive. The only downside is finding one that has not been ripped.

Now the choice is yours.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 10:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

Smokie - Performance oriented; only the following cars: petrol Fiesta 1.6 Zxi/Sxi or the Verna CRDi. Also, someone I know in Maruti strongly hinted that a performance version on the current 1.3L Swift, which is purported to have close to 100 bhp with the same 1.3L reworked engine, might be on the cards during the 2nd/3rd quarter of 2007- safely after the successful launch of the Swift Multijet diesel in Jan 2007 .
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 11:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Smokie I agree your point, Swift diesel has less power than its petrol version as of now according to magazines, Once its launched we will know exact truth,

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th October 2006, 11:09   #26
BHPian

I can't wait till 2007 end for the 100bhp Swift. Need Car now. Can anyone tell me, how much discount could I get, if I buy a car in Jan 2007 and its a 2006 model. Any ballpark figures would be fine.
Old 18th October 2006, 12:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Based on what I heard and experienced you should get 25,000 INR discount for 5 lacs car for 2006 model in 2007 jan. but discount depends on stock the dealer and car manufacturer has, right now all most all cars have great discounts including swift.
Old 18th October 2006, 22:39   #28
BHPian

try to get a palio 1.6
real tarmac scrocher and also a good handler
superboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2006, 15:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44
try to get a palio 1.6
real tarmac scrocher and also a good handler
No FIAT, thank you very much.
Old 11th November 2006, 11:55   #30
BHPian

Default Reporting From Hyd

Hey guys,

I have shifted to Hyderabad now and joined my new office. Anyways, have been driving to office in my 800 for the past few days. I total drive daily is 70km. So diesel is starting to make more sense.

Need a car in the next month, because I am being raped by the Hyd pollution and noise. My Options have been reduced to

1. Viva CRDi ( Not accent, coz I don't need the boot so this is cheaper)
2. ???

That's it? Any suggestions?

Also, the roads here are the worst I have ever seen in my life ever ever EVER!!! I will get you some pics soon, its horrifying. *sigh I miss Delhi.