Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 11th November 2006, 14:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

The second option for you should be Swift Diesel or Aveo UVA which should be launched in December. But both are new launches so its hard to decide new car for sure. In that way Viva CRDi makes total sense If you stick to diesel, Right now we have more options with petrol than Diesel.

Whoever wanna buy Diesel I feel its better they wait for sometime and watch the market If they can wait.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 15:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie
No FIAT, thank you very much.
Any specific reasons for it? Just curious... I am sure lot more junta take your stand...but would like to know specifics...
kvish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 17:18   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
Any specific reasons for it? Just curious... I am sure lot more junta take your stand...but would like to know specifics...
SERVICE!!!! The excellent reputation they have in this department. That's one of the major reasons dude!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 00:18   #34
BHPian

Actually that's the only reason. They left many people in the lurch before with Uno, and not having stringent quality controls on their service centers. Just because people forget, does not make it right now does it? We have such short term memory.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 17:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
I can't wait till 2007 end for the 100bhp Swift. Need Car now. Can anyone tell me, how much discount could I get, if I buy a car in Jan 2007 and its a 2006 model. Any ballpark figures would be fine.
Any car you buy until Jan and Mid-feb probably even till end feb would be a 2006 model as the manafacturers need to clear their stock, only from march you will get the 2007 model. Maybe this could be wrong if sales are really hot. Sure shot way to check the model of the car while taking delivery is month of the tyre manafacture which is a dead give away as tyres are usually fitted onto a new car mostly within a month or two.

Regarding buying that new car, i bought a new viva crdi recently, I am damn glad that i didnt guy verna crdi ( coz i hate its looks)....regarding the extra power, a pete tuning kit can resolve that issue in a much cheaper way .

Viva CRDI is an awesome car...don't think twice if diesel makes sense to you
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 23:22   #36
BHPian

Ok Guys,

I visited all the dealers, got their quotes, pitted them against one another and here is what I turned up with. But first, some numbers.

Petrol : Rs. 54/Litre
Diesel : Rs. 36/Litre
LPG : Rs. 27/Litre ( Have 2 stations near my house, Hyderabad is LPG only because the autos run on LPG )

My running ( monthly )
Weekdays : 70 * 20 = 1400
Weekends : 100 * 4 = 400
Highways : 400 * .25 = 100
Total : = 1900 km
Lets take it as to 1500 - 2000 km

Petrol : Rs 4000 monthly
Diesel : Rs. 2500 monthly
LPG : Rs. 900 monthly

Taking avg as 13km/litre or kg.

And now the Cars
-------------------
Tata : Don't like the Indica or Indigo. Too taxi cabbish.
Maruti : Swift Vxi (4.4 lakhs + 10k worth accesories)
and WagonR Lxi LPG (4.31, no discount, no accesories, nothing)
Hyundai : Viva CRDi ( 7.4 lakhs, discount of about 50k )

The problem with Viva is that its too closely priced to Verna CRDi, and I don't mind the looks of either. Just that, I know I will always feel that I should have gone for the Verna CRDi instead. The difference is about 90k.

The dealer is really pushing me to get the Swift, saying you will be saving 20k a year with WagonR, but we are giving 40k discount. But I still can't come to terms with the fact that I will be paying more EMI for Swift and more money every month for the fuel.

Am a little confused right now. Any helpful insights people?

@mobike : I know about Pete's, but think about putting Pete's on the Verna. *drool.

As for the loan, I am getting an EMI of 8552 on loan amount of 3.88 lakhs for 5 years.
Old 26th November 2006, 13:15   #37
BHPian

Hi Smokie .. I am in the same ship as you are in and after contemplating and evaluating my options within the 5Lakh budget I narrowed down on Palio, Esteem and the Swift.

Palio : 1.2 Sports which I was interested is no longer available :(

Esteem : Do not want to pay extra for the boot and compromise on comfort and quality
Swift : Booking this Month

Here again I had a confusion within Swift VXi, Swift VXi with ABS and the Swift ZXi

Although, all of these options met my budget I found I would be a happy man with VXi with the features they offer. Swift VXi ABS is that I decided upon till my dealer said that if it is in city traffic you are talking about then ABS is a waste of 30K (Still thinking about it). Hence, I decided upon the Swift VXi. They are giving a 20K corporate discount and 20K dealerís discount which boils down to 448,390 (He mentions that this discount is valid for this month only. Not sure about that). The deal he offered was a down payment of 67,390 and EMI of 8,191 for 59 months. This includes the extended warranty, insurance, registration etc etc. along with the other frills of mud flaps, mats, cover etc etc.

Hope this helps.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 21:28   #38
BHPian

Yes, he also told me that the deal is valid only this month. Anyways. I know a Maruti Udyog guy as in, my father knows Maruti Udyog guys in Delhi and they called up this guy and him to help me out. He also says that the deal is valid this month only.

The accessories I am getting apart from the usual is central locking.
Old 27th November 2006, 06:53   #39
BHPian

Well, I was in the same boat as you were, so some pointers:

- Shortlist 3 cars.
- Do a cost calculation:
Car price + Fuel for 4 years + Depreciation + Maintenance costs
Find out at what period you'd break-even with the Diesel car.
- Testdrive your 3 cars
- Do a subjective comparison, based on your parameters
For me it was : Space, Seating position, parking easiness, refinement & noise, acceleration.
- Pick the right answer

Or you could just fall head-over-heels in love with some car, and pick it up... just like a lot of our fellow members.

I had a Swift,Fusion+ and Accent CRDI in contention, and I picked up the Swift.

You have better options now.
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 09:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
LPG : Rs. 27/Litre ( Have 2 stations near my house, Hyderabad is LPG only because the autos run on LPG )

My running ( monthly )

Some problem in your calculations. It should be
Petrol = 2000/13*54 =8307
Deisel = 2000/13*36 = 5538 (Though I believe, deisel milage should be more)
Or Am I missing something?
rajdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 09:43   #41
BHPian

Opps, yes you are correct. Thanks rajdoll for pointing that out. I just copied all this from my scribbles on a piece of paper.
Old 27th November 2006, 10:18   #42
BHPian

Default Diesel seems a better option

Quote:
Ok Guys,

I visited all the dealers, got their quotes, pitted them against one another and here is what I turned up with. But first, some numbers.

My running ( monthly )
Weekdays : 70 * 20 = 1400
Weekends : 100 * 4 = 400
Highways : 400 * .25 = 100
Total : = 1900 km

And now the Cars
-------------------
Tata : Don't like the Indica or Indigo. Too taxi cabbish.
Maruti : Swift Vxi (4.4 lakhs + 10k worth accesories)
and WagonR Lxi LPG (4.31, no discount, no accesories, nothing)
Hyundai : Viva CRDi ( 7.4 lakhs, discount of about 50k )

The problem with Viva is that its too closely priced to Verna CRDi, and I don't mind the looks of either. Just that, I know I will always feel that I should have gone for the Verna CRDi instead. The difference is about 90k.

The dealer is really pushing me to get the Swift, saying you will be saving 20k a year with WagonR, but we are giving 40k discount. But I still can't come to terms with the fact that I will be paying more EMI for Swift and more money every month for the fuel.

Am a little confused right now. Any helpful insights people?

@mobike : I know about Pete's, but think about putting Pete's on the Verna. *drool.

As for the loan, I am getting an EMI of 8552 on loan amount of 3.88 lakhs for 5 years.
Considering your monthly commute diesel seems a better option for you. Have you researched long term diesel engine maintenance costs ? Talking to some one that owns a Accent CRDi/ Viva/.... for 5 or more years may help. I dont think there are many diesel engines that take you to 180 KMPH unless you are considering a Verna or Skoda kinds.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 10:36   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Hmm..true but imagine 30KGM torque in a 1150kg car ....dont even wanna think about it...i think it will be too powerful for its own good

Regarding loan, go for SBI as they give the best deal, Even I took a loan of 3.80 and I am paying Rs.8035 per month.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 21:09   #44
BHPian

Yes, I am imagining, I am imagining.

Anyways, I have postponed the buying by a week, because I might be deputed to the Delhi office, where I have an esteem to tide things over with. Distance will also be not that great from home to the office in Delhi. Then I think the hunt for an OHC will start .

Till things become clearer, I am holding off booking for now.