Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 23rd October 2006, 10:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC
I wanted to ask the same question in this forum. but luckily found this thread. Though i would be buying in another year, i would wait for the New Baleno that is supposed to debut in Mid-2007. But as of now, I am quite ready to go Fida...
I just read in Autocar November issue that Maruti is planning to come out with both the new Zen and new Baleno in November and the dealers have been intimated of the same. I checked out with a maruti dealer out here and he seems to second the news.
superamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2006, 16:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

The new baleno by this november may just not be correct[Its october end now].

First of all it would be quite difficult for the manufacturer to launch two new cars at the same time,second of all not quite heard of any work going on from maruti side on a new baleno right now unless the baleno project has been a very well guarded secret.If truly to be launched in November it might be a facelifted baleno not the new model as we expected.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2006, 17:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes right Rahul what I heard is Baleno is being launched firstor second half of 2007, esteem being last quarter of 2007, new zen in couple of weeks and swift by this year end.

About this thread question I insist on Verna Xi since it has lot of better feature and A.S.Service of Hyundai cars far better than ford, If any one who already own MUL/Hyundai cars has baught Ford they will feel so bad on its service since Ford does not have much market share it lacks good mechanics, Verna scores much better than fiesta any time according to me.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2006, 18:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey SA,
firstly, let me start off by saying that we have a fiesta but a diesel.
Between these two, i would reccomend a Fiesta 1.6 to you as -
- IMHO, the fiesta has better interiors. Recently, i went to Hyundai motor plaza in Mumbai to check out the Sonata Embera (and the Before S.S sucks. I waited for 20min bfore anyone bothered to come and see what i was interested in. Also, the display Embera had dirty seats and the driver side storage bin wasn't shutting and this was a brand new Embera here.) and also saw the Verna VTVT. The quality and design of the interiors is appaling.
- I was amazed at the fiesta's stability on a recent trip to Pune. Even in Mumbai, speeds of 100kmph feel like a walk in the park. Also, if automags are to be believed, the Fiesta is way more fun to drive then and Verna.
- The gearshift is amazing and apart from the lancer and ikon, no other car comes close to the fiesta's
The Verna however -
- Is bigger and more comfortable. But the fiesta is quite big too. 3 6footers and 2 5'10" people fit comfortably in the fiesta.

I think i have left out a few points and will post them when i remember them.
Cheers
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2006, 21:44   #20
BHPian

SA, is that true. Man i am dying to go to the MUL dealer as soon as i land in India. Have to check my finances though. But to be very frank the photos of SX4 whch I saw at www.suzukisx4.com are much good. I mean i didnt like the look. The front quarter glass (as mentioned by others too) seems to be an after-thought. Although the Autocar Sep issue model is of a Saloon and i could not find ant saloon sx4 over the Internet.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 22:42   #21
BHPian

Do not miss to take a test drive on Aveo 1.6. Its a great car - fully loaded!
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 23:32   #22
BHPian

verna will be better choice than new baleno.as maruti is well known for giving cheap and plasticky interior
omvnbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 11:08   #23
BHPian

I asked a similar query recently & got no reply. Is there an undercurrent of bias on this BB
theexister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 13:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

The very nature of team-bhp is such that there are chances of some posts getting overlooked ,but assure you that there is no bias when answering any threads.

Request mods to look into the matter and merge the two threads.

Sorry on behalf of team-bhp members that your query got overlooked initially.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 30th October 2006 at 13:42.
Old 30th October 2006, 15:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

Close call, but as an overall package including VFM and A S S the Verna is better. Cheaper to maintain as well, compared to a Ford.

I'm a big fan of that 1.6 Ford engine though.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 16:12   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister
I asked a similar query recently & got no reply. Is there an undercurrent of bias on this BB
There is no Bias thexister, but due to so many similar Aveo vs fiesta vs verna threads etc., floating around, its easy to miss. You can continue your query in this thread, I am sure you will get responses.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 19:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
speaking of which - whatever happened to the Aveo? There's hardly any mention of the car since its launch.
Last week when I was in Kerala, I saw quite a few of them there. Found it surprising because after they were launched, they were not to be seen anywhere and then all of a sudden there are quite a few of them around.
They have been airing the Saif/Rani ads a lot recently. Is this behind the renewed interest or just that people want to try out a less-opted-for option to stand out in a crowd of similar cars ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 19:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister
Hi...

I am planning on buying a car this November between 6-7lakhs.

Before the Verna was out I had locked on the Fiesta ZXI but then after having driven the EXI was very satisfied with the performance. For city driving I felt the power was adequate though I myself am a handling buff. The handling was really impressive.

The came the Verna...I test drove both the diesel & petrol though I am only a petrolhead and this is what Im planning to buy.

The petrol left me very disappointed in terms of its low rev performance. It was a bit sluggish out of the box.

Then I spotted a lot of thread around the net about the problems faced by Fiesta customers in terms of suspension noise, engine power letting down on the EXI after a year and so on.

Can someone pl. help me with this. I mean I would love to hear from Fiesta owners.

Thanks
Deepak
If you are looking for better handling and from whatever I have heard about the verna ,you should go for the fiesta since in the handling department the fiesta beats the verna.

In terms of maintainance costs and better customer service[depends largely on local dealers as well],Hyundai generally beats Ford.

My choice for you -> Go for the fiesta

Mods:Posted the entire query again lest it be overlooked again

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 30th October 2006 at 19:49.
Old 30th October 2006, 19:50   #29
BHPian

the fiesta and verna have their own strenghts and weaknesses.the fiesta has the better engine,better handling,good gearshift and,i think,a stronger body structure.
the verna has slightly better interiors,lower maintenance costs.also hyundai's service is much better than ford's.
dont have much idea about the mileage figures.
if you simply love driving,i can assure you the verna cannot touch the fiesta.but if you are looking at peace of mind service,good interiors etc,i would suggest the verna.resale may also be higher for the verna
sa,what did you decide on finally?
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 15:10   #30
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.
Apologies if unintentionally hurt feelings.

I got back to the forum after a while bcos I got very busy with work.
I sort of postponed my booking of the 1.4 EXI to November end due to time constraints bcos this involves running around banks to get good deals.

The ford dealer here actually called me during Diwali & offered a 30K discount on the 1.4 for corporate employees. But I told them I need a better offer plus only in Nov will I book. They said she would get back with another offer during Nov. I am waiting.

I was also thinking of taking finance from a Nationalised bank since my brother bought his Santro through Indian Bank 4 months back & eveyrthing was smooth though he did not bargain for a lower interest. Right now they are charging 12%.
theexister is offline   Reply With Quote