Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
Old 23rd October 2006, 14:18   #1
Default Elantra Petrol vs Elantra CRDi

Recently discovered this great forum. Great fun to read. This is my first post and I need some advice.

I am planning to buy a car. I have drooled over the looks of a Civic, comfort of a Corolla, but ultimately when if comes to VFM stopped at an Elantra. Now the tough decision I face is whether to go for Petrol or CRDi.

My requirements (in descending order of priority):
1. VFM
2. Luxurious and spacious (lots of leg room)
2.1. Good performance
3. Safety
4. As unique as possible (don't see many Elantra's)
5. Modability
6. FE
100. Resale value (really don't care, sure to have the car for 5 or more yrs)

I have been using a Maruthi 800 (quite bet up). My average mileage is 1000 km/month. At max it can go upto 1500 km/month.

The CRDi is 1.5 lakhs more than the petrol version, and so I thought petrol will be better. But I was not sure if petrol and CRDi's performance will be similar or not. This is my major concern area.

I believe cars (esp. ones over 8L) are luxury items and therefore should have '0' noise or '0' vibration. So aways preferre petrol. But CRDi seemed to have no vibration, but very small noise. I would definitely not want it to get worse in 2 - 3 yrs time. Will the CRDI\i get worse with time?

Also one more apprehension was that Elantra will proably be discontinued, so how does maintenance get hit.

My heart is with the petrol, but I would like to hear your suggesions as well.

Old 24th October 2006, 13:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

PLease do through this thread where a similar discussion has already taken place.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread