Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 22nd June 2007, 17:28   #46
BHPian

Talking Thanks guys

@learner007.1, kjdesigns_2000 : Congrats on your buy. btw, kj, what model u got?

It is indeed a very practical car. I have 2.5k kms on ODO and the more I drive it, the more I feel like...I think the low lying placement of the driver gives another view and perspective to the road and driving!!
The best part about it is that even though you are at 60kmph, you get the feel as if you are driving much faster..What say guys, I feel so

@learner007.1: The knob movement, as pointed out by esteem_lover is basically due to the accelerator being left all of a sudden or the clutch being released, while decelerating and accelerating respectively. Nothing to worry about..its another thing even I was

What colour u got? Mine is pearl silver..I took her out to Chhail from Delhi, and did some adventurous trailing on the hills and it was amazing to drive..You can view my travelogue..

The only thing I feel is the drop in power with AC on and below 2k rpm. Else, the car is a pleasure to drive and own.
cutdcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 18:34   #47

Default Bought Esteem

Thanks for the good wishes guys. Cutdcrap, the colour is Pearl Silver. Had a minor mishap already. An attractive young lady backed her Palio into my car from front, two dents on the bonnet , bumper scraped and dented badly. She apologised and said that while reversing she does not look back once the area is clear before reversing, ( so what if some other car comes right behind her after some time) and could not hear my desperate honking bcos of her loud rock music, and the fact that she was talking on the mobile !!

Said she is open to any arrangement ! God !! I might get converted into an MCP in Delhi.

Have approached Apra and have been told that the entire bonnet will be replaced and cost borne by my insurance.

The family was heart broken and were told only one thing by one and all - "Welcome to Delhi"

Any other advice welcome.
learner007.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 15:52   #48
BHPian

Angry Ridiculous

@learner007.1 : Ohhh god!!! this is ridiculous, reversing a car with high volume on stereo, no looking back and talking on cell

I can understand the heartbreak..Hear this, day before yesterday I went to Shipra Mall, Ghaziabad with my parents where I accidentally happen to see a scratch on the left rear door. It seems some kid had scratched the door with key or some pointed object, like they do on the walls and this peeled off the paint. I was unable to sleep the whole night. So I can very well understand how you feel.

BTW, I read Welcome to Delhi. Are you new to Delhi? Its true every other car I see has Delhi Registration on it, and I dont mean the Regn plates but the marks/scratches. Where did this happen?

Is the impact so much that bonnet has to be replaced? I know its better to replace it, but if you could post some pics, it would give a better idea.

Was there no cop around? These DP guys seem to be like honey bees, they dont leave a chance to mint money.

Sympathies
Old 26th June 2007, 17:34   #49
BHPian

This is irritating

Quote:
Originally Posted by learner007.1 View Post

Said she is open to any arrangement !
what is that all about ?
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 07:23   #50

Guys,
Refer to my post about the Esteem accident. Managed to squeeze out Rs 2000 from the lady.
learner007.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 18:56   #51
BHPian

Question

Guys,

I have noticed a thing in my Esteem. It is quite sluggish with AC till 2k rpm, and after it crosses the mark, doesnt matter with the Ac.

Is this normal, or that the Ac is taking too much load on the engine?

Please advise?

On my recent trip I had to keep revving the car at hills with the Ac on.
Old 12th July 2007, 21:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Clean your air filter.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 13:47   #53
BHPian

Question

@esteem_lover : This is after the first service, I guess they would have cleaned the air filter.

BTW, does fitting K&N Air filter voids the Maruti warranty. Will it affect the cars performance?
Old 13th July 2007, 15:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by learner007.1 View Post
Guys,
Refer to my post about the Esteem accident. Managed to squeeze out Rs 2000 from the lady.
OT: That must have been a pleasant task
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 16:35   #55
BHPian

Congratulations CUT, that is a nice sleek car you have got. In fact, I find this a common feature for all Maruti cars- the lines are invariably very simple and fluid, with a slightly European touch to the design. There are few edges along the body, (which are too many in the Korean designs).
For instance, the OHC and the Accent are very similar to look at from a distance, but (and this is my personal opinion, and no offence meant to anyone) the OHC looks sleeker as the Accent has those edgy lines along the shoulder which the OHC does not.
Suzuki designs have always had even smoother lines than even the Hondas.
Nice car you have got there.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2007, 01:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
@esteem_lover : This is after the first service, I guess they would have cleaned the air filter.

BTW, does fitting K&N Air filter voids the Maruti warranty. Will it affect the cars performance?

I am pretty sure they missed that, it is last on their list, but the most important thing to do. Just learn to do it yourself, it is very useful.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote