Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 29th November 2006, 14:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi flipsyde
Welcome to Team BHP & hope you are having a wonderful time as we all are. For your budget of 3.5 Lakhs, a good OHC 1.5 is a rarity. These dealers in chennai quote sky high prices & will make you believe that this car has been rarely used by rewinding the odometer. I see the Lancer as the best option due to its low resale value & is a good car for mods. The second choice would be an esteem. you will get 2004/5 VXI models for 3.5 Lakhs, a pretty good buy, i must say.

p.s where do you plan to get the ICE done ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Default hmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil View Post
How much should an mpfi esteem engine cost? Either New or Old! Where to source it from?
dunno abt new but i was quoted close to 80k when i went to check if the engine drop could be done to my maruti 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
@flipsyde dont put off your OHC hunt completely[especially the 1.3],it is a very good car the only problem is that you will come across some greedy owners in your search for one.
yeah true.... some of these owners really make if difficult....but u really think 1.3 OHC is the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not punch enough???
The figures wont suggest much... But the baleno has on of the sweetest engine, i guess only bettered by OHC VTec...

Plus... Its much more reliable than the lancer...

it doesnt look good, but can be made to...
u think the baleno engine is better than the 1.5 OHC too???
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 22:58   #18
BHPian

Default team up w/esteem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hi flipsyde
Welcome to Team BHP & hope you are having a wonderful time as we all are. For your budget of 3.5 Lakhs, a good OHC 1.5 is a rarity. These dealers in chennai quote sky high prices & will make you believe that this car has been rarely used by rewinding the odometer. I see the Lancer as the best option due to its low resale value & is a good car for mods. The second choice would be an esteem. you will get 2004/5 VXI models for 3.5 Lakhs, a pretty good buy, i must say.

p.s where do you plan to get the ICE done ?
hey esteem lover.... the dealers here are bound to rip people off! but i got this guy in calicut who owns a garage and also deals in cars..... guy is known to me...... says tht getting a car from mumbai and re registering in chennai should be a worthy deal.... i'm still lookin into tht as of now. as for the esteem i love the car.... i jus wanted to see how far my moolah would take me!

as for the ICE i wanted to pik my gear myself and get sound works to install it for me.... he's put up in royapettah....
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 21:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

flipsyde, I dont think buying in Mumbai is such a wise move. you will be reaching the same figure after all the trouble & the car would have the re-registered trade mark which would fetch atrociously low resale value. i saw a 2003 OHC Black , I owner, 29000KMs. the dealer was quoting 4.17. i am sure that could be bargained for 3.5-3.6.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote