Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 16th January 2007, 10:25   #16

Default Update!

Hey Guys!!

Just to keep you folks updated - I did test drive the 1.6L Fiesta on Saturday! It was indeed a good drive - maybe 1- 1.5 Kms i did in the sedan. (not much....)

It handles pretty well and has a really good response!! But the power steering was a bit hard - the guy told me its coz "many ppl test drive, it becomes hard over a period of time", am not sure if thats the fact. Anyways... the interiors are good and the vision thro the rear view mirror is so much better (than an Ikon or the Swift!!!!).

Anyways, i'm also considering Honda City Exi, which comes for around the same price as the 1.6 Fiesta!!!

Wont that be a fairly better decision / deal??

I'm test driving it today or this weekend!!! Will update u guys again... I may need ur opinion on the NHC as well... Check back and make ur comments!!

Cheers!!
ferrari.frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 13:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari.frenzy View Post
Anyways, i'm also considering Honda City Exi, which comes for around the same price as the 1.6 Fiesta!!!

Wont that be a fairly better decision / deal??
DEFINITELY NOT, if you like a peppy car & want a performance machine, the Fiesta 1.6 is the way to go.....if slightly more interior space, marginally better FE & 25 bhp less are your wants, then you can talk about a NHC EXI.

To compare apples to apples in terms of engine performance, only the NHC VTEC applies
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 14:02   #18
BHPian

You can't expect the same performance in NHC Exi, it may give you better re-sale value!!!
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 08:13   #19

Hello all...

First of all, thank you everyone for your suggestions and tips!!

I booked the NHC ZX (Exi - Black) past weekend and pretty thrilled with this taking delivery of it next week.

I'd, ofcourse, be back with the pics and updates on it pretty soon.

I test drove the city GXi and VTec variants - VTec rules (but out of my budget sadly). Found it really comfortable and enjoyable!!!
So, booked the next day! Looking forward to driving my own sooooon!!

Thanks once again guys!!

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2007, 09:49   #20
BHPian

congrats on your new ride, f.f.

btw - what finally swung you around for the NHC - cause the driving experience is a big let-down after driving the Fiesta 1.6
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 14:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, power difference comes into picture more prominently at higher speeds.

For common buyer, it may not matter so much if he is never going to drive at 120+ speeds. Other factors, such as comfort, ride quality, FE will play bigger role.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 08:35   #22

to goldie_malhotra - As RX said it was about the overall experience... I really didnt drive both the cars even for 5 mins!! SO, going at high speeds to feel the power difference and get impressed with the power packed inside the 1.6 Fiesta was just ruled out!!

Other aspects that i considered were

+ Comfort with the vehicle - it handled really well.. (not that Fiesta didnt though)
+ Ease of steering (when i did drive the Fiesta the guy told me there was a problem with the power steering in it!!!!! i wasnt convinced though...) was better in NHC
+ Really impressive interiors - i liked it more than the Fiesta.
+ FE (ofcourse) & Maintenance
+ Fiesta (I felt) was becoming a common sight in Chennai Roads than a Honda!!!
+ The aspect that im not gonna hit the highways quite too often!

And, my passion for owning a Honda City (OHC, ofcourse) once upon a time, tilted the balance.

So... i was convinced to go for it!!