Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 15th February 2007, 18:03   #31
BHPian

Default what's "Tinny" :)

Congrats to the new pitajis!!

SupremeBaleno/Rohantn..what i meant by "tinny" was that feeling similar to the difference when you drive a Palio and a Maruti WagonR. i agree that the Baleno is far better built and stiffer than the old generation Marutis. And yes the low kerbweight means the ride on bad roads is bumpy and you don't get that built to last feel..hope you get what i mean. So i'd pussyfoot those bad roads as I do in my M800 and going on 7 years and 75k kilometers she ain't rattly a bit.

I feel that on bad roads the Accent and Ikon are a bit better than the Baleno.

Drive on!!
Shibujp
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 19:57   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohantn
screw up the car :-o ?
Are you sure? My search on the Internet has indicated that there is no adverse effects on the car, 'coz of LPG conversion.
Well, I was speaking from my experience of LPG-ing my M800. The experience was sick to say the least and the fun of driving + reliability were compromised. Will never do that to my car even if petrol costs 500 per litre or more. Will rather sell of the car and use public transport. But if someone wants to do that to their car, it's their call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp
So i'd pussyfoot those bad roads as I do in my M800 and going on 7 years and 75k kilometers she ain't rattly a bit. I feel that on bad roads the Accent and Ikon are a bit better than the Baleno.
I would pussyfoot on bad roads even if I am driving a tank. Its not funny being thrown around and it is only so much that the weight of metal helps.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 22:33   #33
nbr
BHPian

[quote=shibujp;374739]
I feel that on bad roads the Accent and Ikon are a bit better than the Baleno.
SUPREMEBALENO- ths is what he meant. Those cars r beter in ride quality than BALENO.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 13:03   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr
SUPREMEBALENO- ths is what he meant. Those cars r beter in ride quality than BALENO.
Maybe they are better on bad roads - I don't know because I do not have extensive experience with the Ikon or Accent on bad roads (like I have with my car).
Old 16th February 2007, 13:51   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Maybe they are better on bad roads - I don't know because I do not have extensive experience with the Ikon or Accent on bad roads (like I have with my car).
Speaking up for the Ikon here. It handles well on bad roads, but the cabin noise on roads which are not smooth is a bit of a bother.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 14:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey, i became a proud father of a baby boy exactly that same day 3 years ago. So cheers
Quote:
Hey e_l congrats man. This is what, baby season?
Hey, did you miss that part in bold ?? it was 3 years ago.

Quote:
OK, Chennai tbhp-ians, at our next meet the beer (cheers is on esteem_lover.
ok, at least now, will you have a beer ?

Quote:
LPG conversion is being planned ? I missed that in the thread. If so, please spare the Baleno / OHC. Guys, why take a nice car with performance and screw it up for the sake of a few rupees ? Instead get a more FE small car.
I think you just had a bad experience with the LPG conversion like we all did in the initial times when all crooks were peddling & fitting LPG kits. You need to have a good tuner & understand the nuances of it a little bit, thats all. Just a simple air filter cleaning once a week will make a huge difference when you are driving on LPG. And please do not think that you are screwing up anything because you run on LPG. There have been enough said about the PROS of LPG in other threads. You are making this world a better place to live in.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 20:27   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Hey, did you miss that part in bold ?? it was 3 years ago.
Oops my mistake. Missed that part.

Quote:
I think you just had a bad experience with the LPG conversion like we all did in the initial times when all crooks were peddling & fitting LPG kits.
Yeah, I guess you have a point there - maybe they did not do it well with my car. But then you know the old saying "A burnt child dreads the fire". I am not doing it again.

Quote:
You are making this world a better place to live in.
Well our EuroIII cars are equally good at doing that IMO.