Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th February 2007, 02:38   #1

Default Best Resale Value?

Hello,

I am a new member to this forum. This is a great forum. I am just amazed by the wealth of information.

I want to by a car with a budget of 8 - 14 lacs (OTR). I know it is a wide range but too much confusion. I will use it for probably a couple of years. Mainly city driving(max 30kms a day) in Hyderabad and occasional long trips. I don't know which car has the best resale value in that price range after 2years. I don't need a power machine rather a decent car with quality interiors and low noise.

I like Ford Fiesta(Diesel),Skoda Rider 1.9TDI(MT),Verna(CRDI),City ZX VTEC,Aveo 1.6LT,OPTRA,Honda Civic,Lancer Cedia.

Mods: I searched through the forum and couldn't find any relevant info. So please allow my post.
satish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 10:08   #2
BHPian

IMO, if you are planning to sell the car in 2 years, why buy a new one?

You could save money if you can settle for a used car, say 2-3 years old. Do your maths, and you can see how much you save.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 10:36   #3
BHPian

These are the car(petrol) which gives you best resale in India.
City ZX VTEC
Honda Civic
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 10:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes go for used car it will work great for you, but choose used one carefully check it N times before you buy.

If you want to pick up new one go for Honda cars either City or Civic. As of now City will give you great resale value!

Skoda Diesel will give you good resale value but again you get better resale value for Honda cars.

Never ever go for GM or Ford cars If you give importance to resale value.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 11:24   #5

Thanks for the great inputs. I am not considering used cars because of the depreciation I want to claim on my income. More inputs are welcome.
satish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 12:31   #6
nbr
BHPian

Among the cars listed by u, Maximum resale value can be expected from , HONDA CIVIC, and HONDA CITY ZX , for sure. SKODA RIDER TD will also get u lots of rupees, when u sell .
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 19:55   #7
BHPian

Go for a 'popular' car, as they have the best resale value. So, city ZX wil be the obvious choice from the options you mentioned. And, you can also get the Toyota Corolla.

>>depreciation I want to claim on my income
I don't understand this. You actually want to loose money to lower your taxes? There are far better and smarter ways of getting a tax rebate than buying a car. How about real estate, or giving it to charity?
amu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2007, 20:11   #8
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
Go for a 'popular' car, as they have the best resale value. So, city ZX wil be the obvious choice from the options you mentioned. And, you can also get the Toyota Corolla.

>>depreciation I want to claim on my income
I don't understand this. You actually want to loose money to lower your taxes? There are far better and smarter ways of getting a tax rebate than buying a car. How about real estate, or giving it to charity?
oops ! how can i forget the TOYOTA COROLLA.The new cheaper variant should be seriously considered by you.Also, It carries a gud resale value.
Old 18th February 2007, 09:21   #9
Team-BHP Support

the hondas will have the best resale value of the lot. the skoda comes in 2nd. the lancer would be the worst of the lot.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 07:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

satish : Buying a car....just for the sake of selling and that too a 8-14 lakhs car !!! Only dirty rich people or those who are having unaccounted money will discard such a costly car after 2 years in India !!!

Go and invest in stocks, it will return you better returns in the longer run.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 09:18   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish View Post
Hello,

I
Mods: I searched through the forum and couldn't find any relevant info. So please allow my post.

Use the search function!

Try this
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:56   #12
BHPian

if u wanna go for a diesel one then u better try out the verna and octavia.verna is good in terms of power and if u want a combination of power,economy,comfort,ride quality...then best option is the octavia.if in case u looking for the petrol one then try out honda city,civic and the best i like is the skoda octavia rs, its simply superb
bayuin2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:14   #13
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
satish : Buying a car....just for the sake of selling and that too a 8-14 lakhs car !!! Only dirty rich people or those who are having unaccounted money will discard such a costly car after 2 years in India !!!

Go and invest in stocks, it will return you better returns in the longer run.
Come on, he doesn't have to learn from you to invest in cars or shares .Its better if we, help him out from the situation rather than going to some othe topic.