Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 26th February 2007, 18:46   #16
BHPian

hmm...its a clear indication of what is going to come in April....A Brand New Corolla(mini Camry variant), I have already said this in one of my posts. I heard from some of my friends in TKM that Toyota is getting to ready to launch a Civic beater in April.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 21:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

and civic beater it shall be...the new camry looks simply awesome..imagine a baby camry....
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 23:30   #18
BHPian

Civic beater? Tough one.. Cant do it with looks alone right? Anyone as pics of the cockpit and the specs?
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 09:38   #19
BHPian

There is not much detail available about the Indian Corolla. But I was told that they plan to launch the new 10th generation Corolla which is also known as "Mini Camry" with very minimal changes. There will not be any attempt to localize this model unlike what they did to the suspension of the older Corolla. Also they have plans to introduce diesel Corollas down the line.

Refer the link below for more information on the European Corolla. I guess Indian Corolla would be more or less similar to this one going by what I heard from people in TKM.

All-New Toyota Corolla in Depth
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 12:15   #20
BHPian

Afaik New corolla won't come this year ...
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 13:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Refer the link below for more information on the European Corolla. I guess Indian Corolla would be more or less similar to this one going by what I heard from people in TKM.

Actually Indian Corolla is similar to the US Corolla & not the European one which is quite different. For more details you should look at the specs of the US/Asia Corolla which will give you a true picture of the car expected to come in and IIRC it's not expected world-wide before late-2007 or early-2008 so don't bet on it coming to India anytime before 2008.

For eg. even the Accord/Camry sold in India are based on US models not the European ones.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 14:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

i think toyota would do what skoda or maruti are doing. launch the next gen corolla and offer it along side the existing one. i think once the new one comes, the top end models of the existing corolla might get phased out and they would just retain maybe 3 base variants in the price band of 7.5 to 9 which would take on optra, NHC VTEC, cedia. and the new one would focus on CIVIC and OCTAVIA....
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 14:02   #23
BHPian

Is this the one you are talking about ?

The all-new Toyota Corolla

Looks really sexy.. !!!
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 17:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Is this the one you are talking about ?

The all-new Toyota Corolla

Looks really sexy.. !!!
Its surprising that this model is found only on the Toyota Ireland website.
Floyd de Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 19:43   #25
fb1
BHPian

omg... mini camry is awesome... im so pissed i bought my corolla this year :@
fb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 15:24   #26
BHPian

The Japanese version is called Corolla Axio and looks quite different.

See World's best selling car is now in its 10th Generation - [VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!]
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Hey Narayan,

Hi!
I read your posting on Toyota Corolla offer for HE variant @ INR 7.5 lakhs for the corporate tie up deal. I am interested in the same and as I am eligible for a car from my bank (I work for an MNC bank in New Delhi) I would like to know more about the offer..Pls let me know what more you can tell me about this..Let me know your contact number & convenient time when i can speak with you please..

Thanks & Regards
Ash
AshOnTheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 17:07   #28
BHPian

A friend called up one of the toyota dealers in bangalore (on 27th Feb) and they knew nothing about this offer.

Narayan, Are you sure that this wasnt a special offer for one *special* corporate?
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 15:22   #29
BWN
BHPian

Sounds to be an interesting offer. Checked with my friend in TKM and he said that a new Corolla range is on the cards alongside the present ones.A price revision is also due.So Honda City has a tough ride ahead.....
BWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 14:41   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
Checked with my friend in TKM and he said that a new Corolla range is on the cards alongside the present ones.A price revision is also due.So Honda City has a tough ride ahead.....
Any idea when the new range is to be launched?

Hope this will not be like the Octavia/Laura arrangement where Skoda took us for a ride. Will be interesting if the current range is retained but priced to give competition to the upper end of the City.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote