Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 22:41   #76
BHPian
 
namit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 392
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu2025 View Post
@namit

bytheway which Aveo versions are being seen on Delhi roads, more frequaently? Aveo 1.4 base, 1.4LS or 1.6LT ?

Actually with good discounts on offer of late Aveo 1.4 top variant is selling the most otherwise earlier it was the 1.4 base which is selling in greater numbers.
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 02:43   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

lets get one thing straight here see pal the most selling cars of all the three here in hyderabad is
verna i guess its firstly for the
1.FE,
2.sales ,
3.service and resale.
are all very good. coming to handling on verna, is a bit unstable at very high speeds for the kind of overpowered engine put into the chassis. and the steering is a bit more free compared to the accent that you have already driven.

second best seller is the fiesta, for the hit hype given to it by the diesel version firstly and the good things on this car is
1.decent FE,
2.very good looks in comparison to the other two,
3.spares and service are costiler by 50% on the whole compared to accent coz i own one too and should be atleast 30% more when compared to verna.
4.and has a reasonably good resale,
the handling on this car is awesome for the chassis and the EPS provided, and has some decent power too.

coming to the aveo a guy who is taller than 5feet 8inches will hit his knee to the dash board in the driver's seat and the front passenger seat.
1. FE is lower compared to the above two cars.
2.spares i guess takes time to get them or rather arrive as they are imported.
3. service of GM is well known to all i guess.
4. kinda has no resale in here is what it makes me feel.
the good things about this car is the HUGE engine warranty and FREE service for 1lac kilometers or 3yrs.
the handling and the daewoo engine power is anyday lower than the above two cars.

now look at the practicality drive the three cars and then spend the money
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:08   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi. Just wanted to check which one offers the max interior space? Am told that the verna is a bit cramped and that aveo driving seat wouldnt be confy if over 5'8"???
Also with regard to Fiesta I see a lot of people advising to go for the diesel or the 1.6. My budhet can only cover a 1.4 base model. Is this a good buy?
victor0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:32   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

I would suggest the Hyundai Verna. If you can afford the diesel, then Hyundai Verna diesel. The petrol engine is better than Fiesta or Aveo. Diesel Verna remains the first choice. Lookswise though, Aveo is No. 1 for me. I test drove the Aveo, which is very comfortable. However, seating position is not comfortable and gearbox is still not great (I have a Corsa which would be the same as Aveo-comfortable but poor gearbox).
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:47   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,475 Times
Default

@Victor : The main reason why people here suggest the 1.6 Fiesta is coz this is an enthusiasts forum, where performance is given a lot of importance. This doesnt mean the 1.4 is a bad proposition, just head for a test drive, and see if it satisfies your criteria.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 16:02   #81
BHPian
 
Fiero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new delhi / pune
Posts: 293
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

victor .... i see with 78 posts this thread has not been able to clear the confusion .... break it down .... forget the engine for a moment

go check out all the cars .... see which one you like the most in terms looks , space , seating position ....
have you taken a test drive of all 3 ???

don't worry too much about the mileage ... from what i gather ... i think the fiesta 1.4 should be the most efficient of the lot .... but i don't think you will loose out much in this department .... none of the 3 cars are guzzlers so even the more powerful verna 1.6 could be opted for ... a 1-2kmpl difference is going to make a small difference considering low monthly average ... main consideration is you'll be paying 20-30 K more for the verna , am i right ???

Check out the warranty schemes offered by all three companies .... try and gather some info(will try and help) on spare part costs / routine service costs (out of warranty) ... cars these days , whether hyundai or ford or GM are inherently reliable so they shouldn't cause you too much trouble ...

Often , it's not the car .... but the deal you get , which makes the difference

P.S : to answer your question ... as a package the fiesta 1.4 is good VFM ... main drawback being space vis-a-vis the other two
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 12:02   #82
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Hi. Just wanted to check which one offers the max interior space? Am told that the verna is a bit cramped and that aveo driving seat wouldnt be confy if over 5'8"???
Also with regard to Fiesta I see a lot of people advising to go for the diesel or the 1.6. My budhet can only cover a 1.4 base model. Is this a good buy?
@victor, why dont you try out each of these cars for yourself and get first-hand information.
Ergonomics is a very individual preference, while there may be some general agreement on the aveo's driver seat being cramped at the knees, and the fiesta's back-seat being cramped, there is nothing which will beat your own experience of the same.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:13   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi. Took test drives of the aveo 1.4, Fiesta 1.4 and the verna (all petrol). Here are a few random observations. Pls let me knwow hat you guys think.

Aveo 1.4 LS:
Pros- Comapred to other cars, the 1.4 LS is "fully loaded". Space seems to be more. Didnt find the driver seat cramped unlike observed by some in this forum. Good ground clearence.
Cons- Driving in low speeds wasnt great. Engine felt unresponsive at low gears / speeds. The ac didnt feel powerful enough. The interios (dash) was ok for a new age car.nothing great. Gear felt a bot notchy

Fiesta 1.4 EXI:
Pros: Better looking interiors. Much better car to drive. Felt very stable. Good Shock absorbers.
Cons: The EXI is a bare bones car. Everything is extra (and that means extra money). While I could get an aveo 1.4ls at about 6.2 after discounts (ex-showroom), I would have to pay about 6.5 for the Fiesta Zxi, for the same goodies. Also a major con was that the driver seat felt small and incomfortable. Discount of only 11,000 in accessories. No cash Discount

Verna I
Pros: Decent interiors. Good car to drive. Responsive engine. Shock absorbers felt decent. Good braking.
Cons: Again will have to go for the XI model for the goodies 6.5 lakhs). The Verna I is very basic. Other than that didnt see any con. The only negative I have seen in the various posts is that its slightly unstable at high speeds. However didnt get a chance to go about 80kmph and it felt pretty OK. However did feel my knee hit the steering column whenever I got out of the car. Not sure if I felt this on the other two cars. NO Discounts offered at all in cash. Some 4000 worth of accessories free. Thats all.

So, guys, do you agree with my observations?? Or have I missed out something?? Do let me know. need to decide...
victor0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 09:50   #84
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Hi. Took test drives of the aveo 1.4, Fiesta 1.4 and the verna (all petrol). Here are a few random observations. Pls let me knwow hat you guys think.

Aveo 1.4 LS:
Pros- Comapred to other cars, the 1.4 LS is "fully loaded". Space seems to be more. Didnt find the driver seat cramped unlike observed by some in this forum. Good ground clearence.
Cons- Driving in low speeds wasnt great. Engine felt unresponsive at low gears / speeds. The ac didnt feel powerful enough. The interios (dash) was ok for a new age car.nothing great. Gear felt a bot notchy
Agree with the cons there - the gearshift is pretty bad, though it is claimed that newer versions seem to be better. Low-end feels very sluggish - the push comes around the mid-way and disappears soon after - a typical characteristic of the VGIS engines being offered in the Optra and Aveo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Fiesta 1.4 EXI:
Pros: Better looking interiors. Much better car to drive. Felt very stable. Good Shock absorbers.
Cons: The EXI is a bare bones car. Everything is extra (and that means extra money). While I could get an aveo 1.4ls at about 6.2 after discounts (ex-showroom), I would have to pay about 6.5 for the Fiesta Zxi, for the same goodies. Also a major con was that the driver seat felt small and incomfortable. Discount of only 11,000 in accessories. No cash Discount
Ok - so I am not the only one who finds the driver seat in the Fiesta cramped. - Check out the passenger seat - it seems equally cramped as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Verna I
Pros: Decent interiors. Good car to drive. Responsive engine. Shock absorbers felt decent. Good braking.
Cons: Again will have to go for the XI model for the goodies 6.5 lakhs). The Verna I is very basic. Other than that didnt see any con. The only negative I have seen in the various posts is that its slightly unstable at high speeds. However didnt get a chance to go about 80kmph and it felt pretty OK. However did feel my knee hit the steering column whenever I got out of the car. Not sure if I felt this on the other two cars. NO Discounts offered at all in cash. Some 4000 worth of accessories free. Thats all.

So, guys, do you agree with my observations?? Or have I missed out something?? Do let me know. need to decide...
Unless you are planning to drive down winding roads at screaming speeds and break track records - believe you dont have much to worry about the high-speed handling. Dont sacrifice the rest of the pros for something which you might be doing hardly 1 % of the time.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 11:15   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: Once
Question

Hi. Is anyone aware what would be a good deal on a hyundai verna? Are there any discounts being offered on a verna? All my dealer told me was that I would get a max of Rs.4000 in accesseries. Have any of you heard differently??

Aveo is giving between 20000 to 25000 as CASH discount while fiesta is giving 11000 as accessories.
victor0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 12:28   #86
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Hi. Is anyone aware what would be a good deal on a hyundai verna? Are there any discounts being offered on a verna? All my dealer told me was that I would get a max of Rs.4000 in accesseries. Have any of you heard differently??

Aveo is giving between 20000 to 25000 as CASH discount while fiesta is giving 11000 as accessories.
As per my local Hyundai dealer - there are no cash discounts being offered on the Verna - it is a relatively new launch, and they are in no hurry to chalk up high sales, unlike Aveo and Fiesta, which are facing the heat.

Though he said a few customers did manage to get some freebies like foot-mats, leather gear-knobs, steering covers etc..
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 14:08   #87
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,475 Times
Default

Some of my observations from a short test drive of the Aveo. Quoting this from another thread where i had posted.

Quote:
Though this is a thread for the Aveo 1.4, just posting my experiences on taking a short spin in the 1.6, which was brought to my office campus as part of a roadshow.

* Ingress and egress were easy for a person of my frame (5 feet 9 inches).
* Interiors look nice, although I was expecting some more considering that i had read that it had among the best interiors in the segment.
* To use the horn, one needs to press in the centre of the steering wheel, which i did not like. Its a pain when one needs to use the horn suddenly in traffic.
* To engage the reverse gear, you need to press some switch at first, only after which does it slot into reverse. Also, the position of the reverse gear is not as per the general convention. In fact, it exists to the left of the 1st gear.
* As this was the version before the gear ****s were improved, the gear shift quality was really really poor. In fact, trying to nudge the gear into 2nd from 1st resulted in a false neutral for me.
* Ground clearance seemed pretty good, and was able to glide over potholes rather easily as against my Ikon.
* A/C wasnt all that effective, although we didnt really give it all that much of time to chill.
* Glove box compartment had no lighting inside (acc to the representative) which even the Fiesta offers.

On the whole, i feel the package is not all that attractive as the Fiesta, which happens to be its main competitor. May score points with respect to the interiors over the Fiesta, but it ends there.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 16:36   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: Once
Question

Ok. My query was mainly on whether any one on the forum had heard of any discounts being offered on the Verna?

Also would anybody from bangalore recommend a good hyundai / fiesta dealer (there are only two or three.. so I hope its not a big problem)
victor0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 22:12   #89
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 66
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Is aveo 1.4 @ 6.02 Lacs such a bad deal?

Hello,

After waiting for a month for SX4, I have finally decided to choose b/w 1.4 base Aveo and 1.4 Exi Fiesta Petrol. (SX4 is out.. mainly bcoz of budget)

Now for 1.4 Exi Fiesta, I agree its fun to drive, the handling is quite good and AC is also very effective.. but interiors and evrything else including comfort is just avg. but the price I'm getting on road delhi is Rs 6,32,000. (after discounts) with 1+2yrs extended warranty

For 1.4 Aveo base, the interiors are of different class altogether evrything at right place n of right colour, exteriors are smart.. ride quality is ok.. but as we all know, GM's gear shift is sm kind of a problem(unless u get used to it).. n it may nt be as fun to drive as fiesta 1.4
but after all discounts n corporate discounts, I'm getting it for 6.02Lacs with 3ys/1,00,000kms warranty.

spare costs should also be less for Aveo and interms of maintainence costs and fuel efficiency, both are same.

Just wanted to ask you guys, at 6.02Lacs, is Aveo a bad deal for its slushy gear shift n not much fun to drive factor?
or its just the opinion of BHPians which tell me again n again, tht its nt fun to drive?
dcetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 13:49   #90
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
Hello,

After waiting for a month for SX4, I have finally decided to choose b/w 1.4 base Aveo and 1.4 Exi Fiesta Petrol. (SX4 is out.. mainly bcoz of budget)

Now for 1.4 Exi Fiesta, I agree its fun to drive, the handling is quite good and AC is also very effective.. but interiors and evrything else including comfort is just avg. but the price I'm getting on road delhi is Rs 6,32,000. (after discounts) with 1+2yrs extended warranty

For 1.4 Aveo base, the interiors are of different class altogether evrything at right place n of right colour, exteriors are smart.. ride quality is ok.. but as we all know, GM's gear shift is sm kind of a problem(unless u get used to it).. n it may nt be as fun to drive as fiesta 1.4
but after all discounts n corporate discounts, I'm getting it for 6.02Lacs with 3ys/1,00,000kms warranty.

spare costs should also be less for Aveo and interms of maintainence costs and fuel efficiency, both are same.

Just wanted to ask you guys, at 6.02Lacs, is Aveo a bad deal for its slushy gear shift n not much fun to drive factor?
or its just the opinion of BHPians which tell me again n again, tht its nt fun to drive?
My dear friend at 6.02 Lakhs OTR, the Aveo is a steal. As said many times here, you just need to get adjusted to its gear shift and rest is a breeze. Go with what your heart says, after all your the one who is going to drive it everyday.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
2009 War of C+ Sedans- AHNC vs Linea vs Fiesta vs SX4 vs Aveo vs Verna vs Optra... RX135 The Indian Car Scene 54 23rd March 2009 00:07
Aveo vs Verna EDIT: Bought Aveo an10 Sedans 82 8th April 2008 17:01
Aveo 1.6 / Verna XXi / City Vtec / Cedia Spirit / SX4 vishaltanksale Sedans 120 17th October 2007 20:05
Upgrading from a Corsa- Fiesta/Verna/Aveo/Lancer 1.8? abhi182 Sedans 19 19th January 2007 18:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks