Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 9th July 2007, 21:09   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Hey guys booked Cedia TD on sunday and took it to
cons
- Only thing i didnt like in this car is the power compared to corolla, elantra crdi or even a verna. Just to reach 180km/h i had to struggle a lot.
Just to reach 180 i think it not just by any standards and definitely not at all by Indian ones
Old 9th July 2007, 21:57   #137
BHPian

Cedia has excellent torque.. Therefore I think 180 shouldn't be that difficult for it(though I havent driven one).. more over due to the huge torque its 0-100 figurre also is pretty quick(below 10secs)..
May the heart rule over mind .
Old 10th July 2007, 00:16   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Yes, even the cedia people told me todo the same thing in NICE Corridor.

What i meant was to reach 180-200 we have to put more efforts, where as in Corolla, Elantra crdi or even a Verna picks up the speed effortlessly than a cedia.
To be honest i didnt even feel the difference between my Ikon1.6 and a cedia except great handling. Even in my Ikon i can do 160 in fourth gear and later on it struggles to go beyond 180 in 5th gear.

Well the reason for that is HM tuned the engine for a lot of mid end grunt. The engine runs out of steam beyond 5500-5600 rpm and hence takes a long time to reach close to 200. Frankly I'd take a more drivable car in the city over a car that can touch 200 easily. After all how many times do you end up doing 200 on indian roads? Look at how poorly the Verna drives cause of turbo lag in the city at low speeds. In comparison to that the cedia is so easy to drive at lower speeds and at sane highway speeds. Also the FE of the Cedia is better than Corolla. If you need more power, one can get a replacement ECU or bolt on garrett turbo kits .
Old 10th July 2007, 10:58   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Frankly I'd take a more drivable car in the city over a car that can touch 200 easily. After all how many times do you end up doing 200 on indian roads? Look at how poorly the Verna drives cause of turbo lag in the city at low speeds. In comparison to that the cedia is so easy to drive at lower speeds and at sane highway speeds. Also the FE of the Cedia is better than Corolla. If you need more power, one can get a replacement ECU or bolt on garrett turbo kits .

Don't feel that i am degrading cedia even i like it except its a bit sluggish compared to corolla, entra crdi. I agree that doing 200kmph that too in indian road conditions is rare, but you have to drive corolla to feel the way it takes u from 0 to 180 or feel the turbo kick of elantra crdi...you will fall in love with it. Installing garrett turbo kits or ECU replacement is totally a different issue as i am comparing stock cars.
Yes different people have different needs...

As in my case
- Spending 10lkh for a cedia and other cars like corolla or elantra crdi overtaking it effortlessly is some what not acceptable to me at least.
- I don't mind FE of corolla giving 2kms less compared to cedia for that additional kick.

Rajs
Old 10th July 2007, 12:36   #140
Senior - BHPian

Agreed that the engine in the Corolla is way more responsive but the Elantra CRDi, I'm not so sure. I've driven both and the acceleration in the top end would be better because of the turbo but in 0-100, the petrols will easily beat it. If straight line speed is what you are looking for, why dont you get the optra magnum. Its faster on the straight line than all these cars. But as I said, all these diesels have severe turbo lag in lower rpms making them a pain to drive in the city.
Old 10th July 2007, 14:46   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed that the engine in the Corolla is way more responsive but the Elantra CRDi, I'm not so sure. I've driven both and the acceleration in the top end would be better because of the turbo but in 0-100, the petrols will easily beat it.
To know about Elantra CRDI you have to sit in Tadus(tadukuttan) car to fell the turbo kick. You will surely feel the power of elantra when you meet this 14/15th (when ever the yelagiri trip is decided).

Quote:
why dont you get the optra magnum.
As of now Verna & Optra magnum are good options, but none of them are giving good discounts... let me wait for some months...

RAjs
Old 13th October 2007, 22:36   #142
BHPian

Guys, I am new here. Been looking to upgrade from my 2001 Maruti 800 MPFI 5 gear for a while now and after reading this and other cedia related posts have gone and booked myself a manchester red cedia sports. I have td'ed the fiesta, sx4 and the corolla before deciding on the cedia. Thanks a lot guys. Should be getting my red devil two weeks.
Old 14th October 2007, 07:04   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Should be getting my red devil two weeks.
Very good choice, Parichay. You will not regret it.
Old 14th October 2007, 21:16   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Guys, I am new here. Been looking to upgrade from my 2001 Maruti 800 MPFI 5 gear for a while now and after reading this and other cedia related posts have gone and booked myself a manchester red cedia sports. I have td'ed the fiesta, sx4 and the corolla before deciding on the cedia. Thanks a lot guys. Should be getting my red devil two weeks.
Does it take two weeks now to get a Cedia? Does this show there is some waiting period for the Cedia too? It took just a couple of days to get delivery when I booked a couple of months back.

This probably shows that sales have picked up and more people are going for this car. I see a lot less hesitancy in people to go for the Cedia now.

BTW, congratulations! @parichay, on your excellent choice.
Old 14th October 2007, 23:03   #145
BHPian

Mitsubishi should launch an aggresive marketing campaign to sell the car at the current prices. While looking for cars, the City Vtec comes at 8.8L. I can get the sport at 9.8 and the other fully loaded version(forgot if thats the select or spirit) comes in at 9.5, which I think is better value than the City. And the car drives a whole lot better, sure you all know that. And it's not like they have a dud. They have a pretty good car there. Let it not sit in the showrooms HM.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:30   #146
BHPian

i was under the impression that Cedia was in a higher segment than the City. till now i was comparing it to Civic, Corolla and Skoda.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:39   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
i was under the impression that Cedia was in a higher segment than the City. till now i was comparing it to Civic, Corolla and Skoda.
it is in a higher segment.
Old 16th October 2007, 02:12   #148
BHPian

It is in a higher segment. But thats the point! At less than a lac extra, you get a car which is so much better than the vtec! At this price I feel its really good value, atleast than the Vtec but its just being ignored right now because of its initial impressions at 11L when sales didn't really take off. The only aspects i see where the City edges the Cedia is the interiors and the mileage. But then I am sure when you are paying the kind of money you will on the Vtec/Cedia, there are many who are going to look beyond just mileage, oh and the interiors refers to the dash, otherwise the Cedia drivers seat is one of the best in the business with an awesome driving position. So if they are making atleast some money at the current price point, then I say why the hell not market it aggresively and sell what is a real vtec basher??

The Cedia is a good product for India. Add 15 horses and HM could atleast have taken on the Corolla. Give a 150 BHP heart and then HM is talking about a real Lancer(dream on...).
Old 16th October 2007, 09:33   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
At less than a lac extra, you get a car which is so much better than the vtec! The only aspects i see where the City edges the Cedia is the interiors and the mileage. , oh and the interiors refers to the dash, otherwise the Cedia drivers seat is one of the best in the business with an awesome driving position.

Sparkie, Cedia Select is just 5-10k more than Vtec with better safety features. Sports is around 70k higher.

Vtec + is 60k over Vtec

Cedia mileage is not at all bad. I haven't got below 11.5 kmpl so far with 100% AC. Vtec might have given a km more.

Interiors - I agree on dash for Select / Spirit, but Sports interiors are amazing. Overall Cedia interiors are tasteful with quality second to none.
Old 16th October 2007, 21:24   #150
BHPian

Quote:
megger Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie
At less than a lac extra, you get a car which is so much better than the vtec! The only aspects i see where the City edges the Cedia is the interiors and the mileage. , oh and the interiors refers to the dash, otherwise the Cedia drivers seat is one of the best in the business with an awesome driving position.

Sparkie, Cedia Select is just 5-10k more than Vtec with better safety features. Sports is around 70k higher.

Vtec + is 60k over Vtec

Cedia mileage is not at all bad. I haven't got below 11.5 kmpl so far with 100% AC. Vtec might have given a km more.

Interiors - I agree on dash for Select / Spirit, but Sports interiors are amazing. Overall Cedia interiors are tasteful with quality second to none.
I don't know what the current prices are, but when I checked it in August in Chennai, the Vtec was 8.8, the Cedia variants at 9.2, 9.5 & 9.8. So ya the lac is between the Sport and the Vtec.

Well I guess the interiors are a personal preference. I like the Cedia interiors, be it the Spirit or the Sport and I really like the shape of the dash. But it's just that when buying a car the family's opnions are involved! Like my Mom feels the City interiors are better than the rest. And the type of mileage you are getting - which of coures more owners than less have reported of this car - just strengthens the case of the Cedia!
Closed Thread