Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2007, 13:26   #211
VMG
BHPian

Even if price wise both are same, Cedia is way superior compare to Vtec Plus.
Cedia is 2.0, 115 BHP, EBD and good GC. Cedia is very good in braking and handling. If someone wants to keep Cedia more than 3 years and resale is also no issue as of today.
Cedia is comparable with Corolla or Civic not with Vtec plus.
Old 28th October 2007, 20:26   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Even if price wise both are same, Cedia is way superior compare to Vtec Plus.
Cedia is 2.0, 115 BHP, EBD and good GC. Cedia is very good in braking and handling. If someone wants to keep Cedia more than 3 years and resale is also no issue as of today.
Cedia is comparable with Corolla or Civic not with Vtec plus.
Cedia handling and breaking is quite amazing though I don;t have experience
with vtec beyond TD, ground clearance factor is a great distinguisher. I have driven into nasty ditches and high speed breakers with more ease as compared to even WagonR
Old 29th October 2007, 20:33   #213
BHPian

Can someone suggest me improvements on front lights of cedia?
Old 31st October 2007, 15:35   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
i spent 15500 for the HU+on steering remote+USB setup
Where did you get it from ?? Mandovi or any other reseller
What is better in Kingston compared to Bahamas
Old 31st October 2007, 15:39   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
Can someone suggest me improvements on front lights of cedia?

I own Cedia Spirit and have not faced any problem with the stock lights.
I've also driven it on highways and found the stock lights to be adequate.

Anyway I'm going to fit the Fog lamps . The original set will cost you around 11K where as Taiwan made should cost you around 5K.
Old 1st November 2007, 15:05   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
That's sad. Automatic locking of all doors would have been nice. We get that as a standard feature in most after market security systems.
City also has the same problem. use the honda supplied remote you cannot lock/unlock once you have put the key into the ignition and neither does it automatically locks/unlocks when car moves/stops. the honda guys say it is a safety feature,

as such to use the central lock while driving, i need to tilt my body to a an angle or use my elbows to press the lever.. either way it's a real pain at the NHC has provided a button to do the central locking part
Old 1st November 2007, 18:38   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanjunath View Post
Where did you get it from ?? Mandovi or any other reseller
What is better in Kingston compared to Bahamas

i am in noida. bought it from delhi. bahamas Vs kingston, i think bahamas isnt exactly bluetooth plug and play like kingston. you would need some cabling done for, i think they call it, an adapater.
Old 1st November 2007, 19:10   #218
BANNED

Hey buddy, I checked with NHC owners. They also say it is a safety feature. What if you start the car, get out & close the door? In NHC it doesn't lock itself. In some cars, it automatically locks all the doors with the key inside & nobody in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
City also has the same problem. use the honda supplied remote you cannot lock/unlock once you have put the key into the ignition and neither does it automatically locks/unlocks when car moves/stops. the honda guys say it is a safety feature,
Old 1st November 2007, 20:06   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What if you start the car, get out & close the door? In NHC it doesn't lock itself. In some cars, it automatically locks all the doors with the key inside & nobody in the car.
Shouldn't they have done it like the sx4 then ,auto lock when the car hits 20kmph.
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:26   #220
BHPian

HI All,

Got my Black cedia sports delivered last monday. I have one querry. How much petrol is there in the tank when the low fuel light comes up? Tried locating this info in the manual but no luck .
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:49   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Shouldn't they have done it like the sx4 then ,auto lock when the car hits 20kmph.
That's exactly what I was talking about. Why not auto lock, when the car hits a certain speed! Then when you stop and turn off the ignition, the car should unlock itself automatically.

I do understand the safety feature when the keys are in the ignition. Don't want the car to lock me out with the keys still inside.

I was rather surprised when the Cedia dealer told me that the auto lock feature was not available. I expected that to be a basic feature in a 10L car. However, I am not complaining. Its a "nice to have" feature and I don't miss it. The car excels in the more important features such as safety, handling, and comfort.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:34   #222
Senior - BHPian

Err I don't know what the fuss is all about. All one has to do is press the driver's side door lock and it locks all doors. Is that really hard?
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:52   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
HI All,

Got my Black cedia sports delivered last monday. I have one querry. How much petrol is there in the tank when the low fuel light comes up? Tried locating this info in the manual but no luck .
Not sure exact....but its between 10-15 litres.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:56   #224
Senior - BHPian

^^Its roughly around 12 liters when the light turns on. I confirmed with the service center guys here.
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:10   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Then when you stop and turn off the ignition, the car should unlock itself automatically.
After the autolocking at starting off, the Scorpio indeed does unlock all doors when you stop and turn the ignition off. This is with the 'standard' dealer fitted Nippon system.
Closed Thread