Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 16th April 2007, 17:29   #31
BHPian

Fiat's India website says 5.65 L for all of India.Even if that is the ex showroom price,6.6 on road for Bangalore is a bit too steep.

As far as I remember, there are people who have bought the car recently for anything between 5.3 to 5.5 Lakhs after discounts.Adventure owners can throw more light on this.

Last edited by roms : 16th April 2007 at 17:40.
roms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 17:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Why? Why? Why?
Why not? I'm just highlighting the cars that fit his budget.Why not consider all cars that fit into budget before finalising one?I'm not saying he should forget about the sedans.If you can think about spending 5 lakhs on oldies like accent and ikon, why not consider something that is bigger, better and costs nearly the same?And what is the Adventure anyways,its as good as a sedan right?

Last edited by roms : 16th April 2007 at 17:41.
roms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 18:01   #33
BHPian

Wait for Baleno, its just 15 days away. And Maruti may surprise you with the price of the base model. Rather then spending 5 lakhs on new esteem/Ikon go for a used one 2003/2004. You will save a lot with same fun.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 18:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Why not? I'm just highlighting the cars that fit his budget.Why not consider all cars that fit into budget before finalising one?I'm not saying he should forget about the sedans.If you can think about spending 5 lakhs on oldies like accent and ikon, why not consider something that is bigger, better and costs nearly the same?And what is the Adventure anyways,its as good as a sedan right?
Roms, Agree with you!
Dcetech had Petra as one of the options, but since it was discontinued, he dropped it, but Adventure is still available, though not a sedan.
And we know it is a Beast and a great Value for money!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 19:06   #35
BHPian

Jus confirmed

5.65 ex-showroom
Road tax = A whooping Rs 48K+
Insurance == 18K
And other fee add to 6.5 onroad
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 19:28   #36
Team-BHP Support

wait for SX4 then decide, if its 5 years the depreciation factor will be more harsh on iKON compared to the Aveo.

So i would bank on Aveo if SX4 doesn suite, see am a die hard iKON fan but i also know how miserable it feels to see the car depreciate when you are ready to sell it.

Adventure is a great car but beware numbers are less, and some parts may be imported so will be expensive on the long run wrt maintanence. Positive is its built to last and maybe you can keep it as a second car after 5 years for the family.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 20:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

I would say go for the Ikon based on the ride/handling characteristics, reponsive engine (although I would not say powerful, as that would go to the Esteem) the better structural rigidity than both the Esteem and Accent and looks being subjective in my opinion Ikon still looks macho in comparison to the competition (especially with the bumper taken from the 1.6, and the terrific new "Jeans Blue" and the Purple, Ikon simply happens to look very very young, even being quite old). I personally prefer Ikon's looks over Fiesta's or even Aveo's.

The Dealership/workshop guys are very cordial.

Now before I turn out to sound like a Ford salesman, let me warn you about some nigging problems I have been facing with my car ever since I purchased it.

The AC Diverter valve had to be replaced 4 times in the last 3 years. The Fuel Pump 5 times (the last time was this Feb and now they have put in a new design Fuel pump which hopefully will last long). The Brake Light switch 2 times, the Reversing light switch 2 times. Everytime the car goes for some service they find the fog lamp fused, and after the first few instances I found that the H1 fog lamp is prone to loose connection rather than fusing. So I install that myself, when they say the bulb's fused and watch the embarrasment on the mechanics faces.

However my car was under 3 yr extended warranty, that has been extended to the 4th year. So most of these expenses have only been irritants rather than pocket drillers. But once outside the warranty period, I am not sure how things would work out, but me thinks, the parts being fitted by the workshop for warranty cars are of different quality (if u know what I mean) to the ones on non-warranty cars. On the positive side spare prices are coming down.

However, do I regret buying the Ikon? Oh well no, I drive to the workshop smiling, Drive out smiling, infact this car has made me into a different "smiley" personality because wherever I drive to, I have this ear-to-ear grin (its that fun to drive). But then mine's a 1.6!

However, the ROCAM 1.3's are great too, even if you loose the drag to an Esteem and spend more on Fuel. The overall experience of fantastic Structural rigidity, Handling (mainly the steering), the grip, the Throaty note from the engine and at the same time a good ride and good rear seat comfort, would oversee any shortcomings of being a car thats been around for sometime.

Anyway Ikon's going nowhere in a hurry, they are going to launch an Ikon based hatch.

But would you like to be seen on a car thats been around for sometime, cos it certainly cannot match the Flash of newer metal.

Last edited by 1100D : 16th April 2007 at 20:14.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 10:39   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I would say go for the Ikon based on the ride/handling characteristics, reponsive engine (although I would not say powerful, as that would go to the Esteem) the better structural rigidity than both the Esteem and Accent and looks being subjective in my opinion Ikon still looks macho in comparison to the competition (especially with the bumper taken from the 1.6, and the terrific new "Jeans Blue" and the Purple, Ikon simply happens to look very very young, even being quite old). I personally prefer Ikon's looks over Fiesta's or even Aveo's.

The Dealership/workshop guys are very cordial.

Now before I turn out to sound like a Ford salesman, let me warn you about some nigging problems I have been facing with my car ever since I purchased it.

However my car was under 3 yr extended warranty, that has been extended to the 4th year. So most of these expenses have only been irritants rather than pocket drillers. But once outside the warranty period, I am not sure how things would work out, but me thinks, the parts being fitted by the workshop for warranty cars are of different quality (if u know what I mean) to the ones on non-warranty cars. On the positive side spare prices are coming down.

However, do I regret buying the Ikon? Oh well no, I drive to the workshop smiling, Drive out smiling, infact this car has made me into a different "smiley" personality because wherever I drive to, I have this ear-to-ear grin (its that fun to drive). But then mine's a 1.6!

However, the ROCAM 1.3's are great too, even if you loose the drag to an Esteem and spend more on Fuel. The overall experience of fantastic Structural rigidity, Handling (mainly the steering), the grip, the Throaty note from the engine and at the same time a good ride and good rear seat comfort, would oversee any shortcomings of being a car thats been around for sometime.

Anyway Ikon's going nowhere in a hurry, they are going to launch an Ikon based hatch.
Being an Ikon owner myself, i can vouch for the points expressed here.
With the new colours as well as styling changes that Ford have introduced for the Ikon, it doesnt seem to look its age.

As for the part about spending more on fuel... i would disagree. I have already put the mileage figures my car has been returning on this thread, which is what one would expect from a car of this segment.

Regarding launching an Ikon based hatch, it was reported in Overdrive issue of last month, but cant be confirmed.

P.S. : For a look at the Jewel Violet (Purple) colour on the Ikon, have a look at my garage.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 22:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As for the part about spending more on fuel... i would disagree.
I was mentioning spending more on Fuel with respect to an Esteem. Although the Mileage figures of the ROCAM 1.3 is quite good in its own right (considering that it is driving a heavier/better overall body)
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 23:41   #40
BHPian

Thanks all for replying.

The posts, particulary benbsb29 and 1100D's, help remove some of my apprehensions related to josh machine.. n made me seriously think of ford ikon (though I was always tilted towards its side).. the posts also make me think of Tata Indigo as an other option.. seems I would have to pay a visit to another Tata showroom to testdrive Indigo (only if it is available for test drive)

I donot want to go for Adventure or small SUV.. so only sedan's
by the way, any news regarding SX4.. n its price range?

@benbsb29, I had a look at your MIKE.. looks Great.. nice color too!
dcetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 01:05   #41
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
...... some of my apprehensions related to josh machine..
The josh machine is gone.... the ikon 1.3 was never the josh machine.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 10:08   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks all for replying.

The posts, particulary benbsb29 and 1100D's, help remove some of my apprehensions related to josh machine.. n made me seriously think of ford ikon (though I was always tilted towards its side).. the posts also make me think of Tata Indigo as an other option.. seems I would have to pay a visit to another Tata showroom to testdrive Indigo (only if it is available for test drive)

Dcetech, only glad to be at your service. Hope the information provided by us as well as the other contributions on this thread enable you to make a suitable decision.

Do test drive the Indigo too... you shouldnt feel that been there, havent done that.

Keep us informed, pal.

P.S. : Thanx for the nice comments regarding MIKE.
Old 18th April 2007, 10:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for replying.

I donot want to go for Adventure or small SUV.. so only sedan's
by the way, any news regarding SX4.. n its price range?

sx4 is coming in may 1st week starting maybe at 6-6.5 ex showroom delhi. so check it out yourself!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 12:50   #44
BHPian

Hey Guys I am recent Ikon flair owner, i bet its the best for the price u pay just fully loaded and still most appealing in looks among the class. For instance even u comepare logan and Ikon with new feature the Ikon looks are much sporty.

Ford will keep this alive and upadte it with few cosmetic updates .

Spares cost is not high as most are very much avil in local market, i have personlee did lot of reviews in the sgement for budget of less than 5.5 lac and was impreseed with flair.

Go for it, esle if ur budget is a + 1 lac surely choose between fiesta or Aveo
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 14:04   #45
Team-BHP Support

With the Ikon Flair managing to catch the fancy of the cab operators/hotels here to ferry visiting dignitaries and guests, I do not think the Ikon is going to be buried in the immediate future.
Here's one i clicked outside my office.