Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


View Poll Results: Which of these would you buy?
fiesta + abs - airbags ~ 8 lac 15 14.71%
honda city + abs + airbags > 9 lac 18 17.65%
sx4 + abs + airbags ~ 8.5 lac 51 50.00%
optra + abs - airbags ~ 9 lac 14 13.73%
aveo + abs - airbags ~ 8 lac 1 0.98%
verna + abs + airbags ~ 9 lac 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 17:08   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Which car among these would you buy?

Assuming the new honda city comes up with airbags and abs, and with sx4 in the picture anytime now, and fiesta, aveo and optra already in the fray with or without airbags (but with abs) which among these would you go for considering the prices indicated?

I would go with the sx4 because of its probable unbeatable cost factor + a.s.s all over india, and good specs for the money paid!

What about you ?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:27   #2
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Bump up the compression ratio to 11.1:1 , use wilder cams , move the limiter by about 700 rpm from the stock limiter.. Instant 125bhp .. Plus port/polish , enlarge TB and the works .. Yes , it would be the SX4 that I would go for .. Call me mad ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:32   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 221
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
...I would go with the sx4 because of its probable unbeatable cost factor + a.s.s all over india, and good specs for the money paid!..
I would go for the SX4 for the reasons stated above, even though I've a NHC ZX, thinking that SX4 being a Suzuki(Japanese) car, will be near to NHC in refinement if not equal.
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:36   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Bump up the compression ratio to 11.1:1 , use wilder cams , move the limiter by about 700 rpm from the stock limiter.. Instant 125bhp .. Plus port/polish , enlarge TB and the works .. Yes , it would be the SX4 that I would go for .. Call me mad ..
Don't get too happy, you will need new injectors, possible new intake and exhaust manifolds, different conrods, different pistons, a whole different oiling system, and a new ECU.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:39   #5
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
you will need new injectors, possible new intake and exhaust manifolds, different conrods, different pistons, a whole different oiling system, and a new ECU.
Did some asking around , and injectors could be the same .. Intake is the same , however the exhaust has to be changed .. Conrods & pistons (are rumoured to be forged even on the indian block) are a part of bumping up the CR .. News that ECU doesn't need a change .. Its the same worldwide Im told ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:48   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Yes it's the same on the SX4 worldwide, but not on the Swift Sport. The Swift has shot-peened pistons, and some weird conrods too. And the pistons are oil-cooled, like on the 1.8 block used in the old Balenos. So they're different. For which you need a different oiling mechanism, and presumably a different ECU. And I doubt the same injectors run a different duty cycle to produce 23 bhp extra on a daily basis.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:49   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Bump up the compression ratio to 11.1:1 , use wilder cams , move the limiter by about 700 rpm from the stock limiter.. Instant 125bhp .. Plus port/polish , enlarge TB and the works .. Yes , it would be the SX4 that I would go for .. Call me mad ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Don't get too happy, you will need new injectors, possible new intake and exhaust manifolds, different conrods, different pistons, a whole different oiling system, and a new ECU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Did some asking around , and injectors could be the same .. Intake is the same , however the exhaust has to be changed .. Conrods & pistons (are rumoured to be forged even on the indian block) are a part of bumping up the CR .. News that ECU doesn't need a change .. Its the same worldwide Im told ..

And you chaps are talking so authoritatively about the engine of a car that is yet to be released here? At least see the car first na?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:55   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

I would go for Chevy Optra with ABS & Airbags!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:59   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,048
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

No brainer.
If indeed SX4 comes at 8.5ish onroad with abs, airbags, its going to make Honda run for cover.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 17:59   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
rahul_intlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,577
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I agree with steer here,no offence to anyone[I too may go in for the car] but first let the car be launched,lets know its official OTR prices.

Nobody has actually driven the car as well.It would be best to exercise patience at this time.We cannot assume that the car would be cheap to maintain just because it is a maruti.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 18:00   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
And you chaps are talking so authoritatively about the engine of a car that is yet to be released here? At least see the car first na?


come on guys lets not hijack a thread which asks a simple question into a modifying the SX4 engine thread .
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 18:02   #12
BHPian
 
sarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TVM
Posts: 45
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
I agree with steer here,no offence to anyone[I too may go in for the car] but first let the car be launched,lets know its official OTR prices.

Nobody has actually driven the car as well.It would be best to exercise patience at this time.We cannot assume that the car would be cheap to maintain just because it is a maruti.
. Since SX4 is not here as of now, I would go fo the Fiesta 1.6. Its really a great car to drive.
sarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 18:02   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Chevrolet Optra + ABS + Air Bags for the better plantedd feel it offers on high speed.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 18:05   #14
BHPian
 
appuchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangy
Posts: 641
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Absolutely no question of going for a non Honda/Toyota vehicle, if my budget allows. No reason to go for a Suzuki or Hyundai, forget GM and Ford. I dont believe SX4 will make any big impact on the sales of NHC, if NHC does some minor adjustments like adding climate control and safety features.
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 18:50   #15
BHPian
 
scorpio118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

SX4+ABS+Airbags for sure.... latest in the group, with reliable backing of Maruti Suzuki, and decently priced as compared to Honda City which would be second choice
scorpio118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is the best among these? zaks Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 3 4th May 2008 20:23
which is your fav show among these two ? skyline gtr r34 The International Automotive Scene 21 15th February 2008 02:07
Which of these would you consider while buying a new car?? karthik247 Shifting gears 9 5th May 2006 20:13
Which out of these three would you buy? Dippy The Indian Car Scene 23 19th October 2004 05:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks