Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 15th May 2007, 18:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

As explained earlier due to the difficulty an suv poses to my aging parents have dropped the idea of an suv,

so I am just considering the Fiesta 1.4 EXi Vs NHC EXi Vs SX4 ZXi.

Will post my opinion of the sx4 soon,just leaving for the test drive.

PS: Could one of the mods kindly change the title of the thread.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 15th May 2007 at 18:38.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 18:38   #47
Team-BHP Support

sx4 or nhc. easy ingress and egress. fiesta is on lower side.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 18:43   #48
Team-BHP Support

Who will be driving the car? Are your parents mostly going to ride in the back seat. If thats the case for back seat comfort in the car zone nothing comes close to indigo XL.
But if they are going to drive it themselves I suggest they test drive.
A car comfort level changes from person to person. For example I know people who find esteem drivers seat comfortable, but I get severe back ache if I drive an esteem for any extended period of time.
Ditto with indica, I feel the seat is comfortable, but many people have egronomics issues with the driving position.

For your parents handling/Power etc,. are academic, the most important thing will be comfort. So check out which is more comfortable for them, and buy.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 19:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are your parents mostly going to ride in the back seat. If thats the case for back seat comfort in the car zone nothing comes close to indigo XL.
What is rear seat comfort ? Is it only the leg room at rear ?
NO , seating comfort is much more than just leg space.
That is the reason why I mostly fail to see point of Indigo XL as standard Indigo offers more than enough comfort.
Plus driving XL in city will be a lot of headache.

Rahul, out of the three for SX4 you mentioned you have said that you didn't find rear seat comfortable to your liking plus you have to consider about waiting time for delivery.

So it comes down to Fiesta vs NHC
If you don't mind a bit of less grunt on highway go for NHC. For a very simple reason NHC is much better place to be in than Fiesta.
But if you are buying it for yourself for driving pleasure then it will be Fiesta out of the two.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 00:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Could somebody please help/comment with regards to the fiesta diesel clutch please. Is it so bad.
Old 16th May 2007, 09:51   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
As explained earlier due to the difficulty an suv poses to my aging parents have dropped the idea of an suv,
I don't intend to influence your decision but my parents (~ 70) did have some trouble in the first few days getting into the Safari. After a little practice, they get in with ease now.

They are not fit and suffer from the usual bad backs, aching joints and arthritis - I ask them to look at getting in as exercise.

Last edited by dicorex4x4 : 16th May 2007 at 09:52.
dicorex4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 12:46   #52
BHPian

Went through this same thought process a few days ago. Finalized on the diesel Fiesta EXi and booked it yesterday. Things that made me sway on the fiesta side of the fence: immense driveability, economy and the solid feel that a Ford exudes.
pow3r2dawh33ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 13:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Had a td of the sx4 on the highway[slight problem in getting this kind of a td,such is the demand for even test driving the sx4].

I think this is the perfect car for us.Getting in and out is a breeze.Three people at the back,maybe things are not that bad after all cause we did have three people at the back and the person in the middle did not face any problems.
This car is certainly no slow-coach due to the added weight and I found it much more fun to drive than the nhc gxi [offcourse the vtec is way off budget],but then if performance is the criteria there is always the corolla.I don't like ripping around cars so this was not the test drive where I was checking 0-100 timing or in which gear what speed I was doing.But I found this car fun to drive definitely,its the perfect substitute for an suv you don't need to bother about the roads and this a boon on our highways.

Leg room is not a problem ,yes elbow room should have been better.Also ac don't feel its the best,that I think is the fiesta's forte. Maruti has priced this fantastically and the zxi with all those goodies is certainly VFM.

So finally the NHC is out,its kind of finding itself neither here nor there in comparison to the fiesta diesel and the sx4 zxi.Leaves me with two choices,though heart is more inclined towards the sx4 and in all probability may go in for the sx4 itself.For the moment only lack of knowledge of the highway FE figures is keeping me away from that booking.

PS:
Just recieved a phonecall from dad,Without my knowledge dad has almost booked the sx4 and the people from maruti are going to our house for completing the booking,if possible could someone quickly suggest a colour, sunlight copper seems to be the popular choice at home.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 16th May 2007 at 13:54.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Don't buy Fiesta! SX4 ZXI is better than Fiesta any day! IMHO

Ravi.

PS. Congrats its good car for your requirement and should fetch good resale value as well. Choose either sunlight copper or White (If available) and you can decorate car with many things with these colors.

Last edited by ravibhat : 16th May 2007 at 16:20.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Don't buy Fiesta! SX4 ZXI is better than Fiesta any day!

Ravi.
Ravi, any reason why not Fiesta?
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:15   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Don't buy Fiesta! SX4 ZXI is better than Fiesta any day!

Ravi.
Care to explain, Mr. Ravi?
Quite a lot of sweeping statements.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Rahul - Congratulations on the new car, it's an amazing VFM machine. Will be waiting for your delivery & usage review!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:29   #58
Senior - BHPian

SX4 is backed up my MUL where Ford's best selling car needs more maintenance than SX4 I am sure.

So SX4 is good car compared with Fiesta in terms of looks/price/service/cheaper to maintain.

Ask me this question (why SX4 is winner compared with Fiesta) 5 years later after owning both the cars, you will get the answer!

Further questions If any PM me. I don't want to spoil this thread with back and forth discussion.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I suggest members to use emails/private message option rather than asking directly in the thread! IMHO lol
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, without owning a Fiesta or SX4 and with no proper data & figures, you just cannot come to a conclusion which Car is cheaper to maintain etc. Only time will tell how SX4 fares in the long run!
All cars have some strong & weak points, it is upto a individual's priorities and tastes.
Fiesta too is a good car, and if it is giving NHC a run for its money, there should be something in the Car that attracts the buyers, only thing that goes against it may be the Ford A**, which may not be so good compared to Maruti.
Bottomline: Let the Best Win!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks every one.We have booked the maruti suzuki sx4 zxi[non-leather].OTR price and delivery the maruti guy has asked me to be silent on.

Although car has been booked,We have to finalize the colour in two days.My dad was not particularly impressed with sunlight copper and is zeroing in on the red colour, I really am not able to bring about a change in his decision.

Anybody seen the red and grey options on the sx4,could please help us decide between the two.

Thanks once again to each and every one.