Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th May 2007, 09:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia is a drivers car and should be loads of fun to drive however as some of the members have suggested do take a look at the spare parts and resale incase you think you might change it in 2-4 years .
You dont seem to have looked at the Fiesta ,why dont you check it out too .
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 10:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Did you say Driving Pleasure, Safety and Looks. Have you driven a "FIAT Adventure 1.6 Sport"!!!! You wont get all these 3 things mixed together so brilliantly in any other car.

F.E, how much do you expect from a 1.6 engine. If you are ok with 8-9 in city and 12-14 on highways. Have a look at this car. Its new version should be out pretty soon. If you want more than that go look somewhere else.

After a corsa, i'm sure you'll like the comfort you get in this vehicle. And after corsa i dont think you would be able to adjust to a maruti product (no offenses).

The cedia is a good buy if you can afford it. The Innova would also be a good choice if you dont mind its looks.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 12:57   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

As some one mentioned, little driven Skoda Octavia TDi should be your choice as you are spoilt with Euro driving pleasure. Then not like those Euro cars, this one saves money as well in terms of fuel costs. In one of the car reliability tests, I saw Jazz and Octavia in the top 5 lists in Europe.

Cedia, hmmm, the HM A.S.S is a sucker, so better be careful and check in your area about the dealership and their quality of service. Durability of MMC is not so exciting like Toyotas or Hondas. Cedia's design is still not so sporty like the 96-2000 Lancer.

SX4 is a nice choice if you choose the top end version without leather (India doesn't need a leather folks, pls...) that should cost around 8.
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 13:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Did you say Driving Pleasure, Safety and Looks. Have you driven a "FIAT Adventure 1.6 Sport"!!!! You wont get all these 3 things mixed together so brilliantly in any other car.

F.E, how much do you expect from a 1.6 engine. If you are ok with 8-9 in city and 12-14 on highways. Have a look at this car. Its new version should be out pretty soon. If you want more than that go look somewhere else.

After a corsa, i'm sure you'll like the comfort you get in this vehicle. And after corsa i dont think you would be able to adjust to a maruti product (no offenses).

The cedia is a good buy if you can afford it. The Innova would also be a good choice if you dont mind its looks.

you cant compare the driving pleasure or the safety of an adventure to the cedia. the cedia is a 2 litre engine and it has abs and airbags. im sure ist handling is way better than the adventure.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 17:05   #20
BHPian

Regarding your needs and your liking towardsthe corsa you should look towards another GM vehicle as you seem to have no servicing problems.May be optra or SRV you may even get good discount as your an existing GM customer
D.V.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 05:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
SRV you may even get good discount as your an
existing GM customer
SRV is not selling at all bro...I have till date seen only 2 SRV on bangalore roads.. i am not sure about other cities. but IMHO this is sheer waste of a good 8L+

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 08:57   #22
BHPian

May be you could consider the Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI too. It carries many goodies...

Cheers,
Jai
nevertouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 09:10   #23
BHPian

Cedia is the best for Driver's car. But as you mentioned about maintanance. Though new generation cars dont really require maintanance. But once something goes wrong with the car, spare parts are uneffordable. No idea about ***.
Elentra diesel is also good for highway driving.
I have heard lot of horrible stories for Skoda ***.
New City, no driver's car at all.
You can think of Civic, if you are ok with its low ground clearance.
Test drive Fiesta 1.6 too, you may like it, but it is not head turner on the road.
1.4 DuraTarque diesel Ford Fusion gonna launch soon.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 10:03   #24

Thumbs up

Hmmmmm ... your main criteria are driving pleasure, fuel efficiency and safety. I won't comment on looks, since thats a subjective call.

1) You mention drivers' car, so forget the SX4 and NHC EXi/GXi. Cedia fits that part (as you would have seen from your test drive), and also the NHC VTEC.

2) Safety factor, Cedia and SX4 come out trumps here. What with ABS and EBD and Airbags ... they do the job just fine.

3) Fuel efficiency, NHC would win here. Again, debatable whether SX4 and Cedia would be close or not ...

You've mentioned going for the kill next week or so, so I'm assuming you need to buy it quick. In that case I see Cedia as the choice, though you'll probably be compromising on the resale value after 3 years.

If you can, then I'd recommend waiting for the upgraded NHC VTEC. With some safety features thrown in (ABS, Airbags) ... it fits the bill. I own a GXi and can vouch for driving ease ... the VTEC will take care of the pleasure !! Fuel efficiency and resale wouldn't be a problem too.
unknown_entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 11:56   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
You can think of Civic, if you are ok with its low ground clearance.
Pawan, its quite obvious you didnt go through the requirements properly.
Let me quote here :

Quote:
Price range - 7.5 to 8.5 lacs onthe road
Please show me where you get a brand new Civic in India with the budget mentioned above.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:09   #26
BHPian

Nobody mentioned Verna here? Heard that its diesel version is pretty good!
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 14:49   #27
BHPian

Hi,

I think cedia is the right choice for you.

besides Honda and Toyota can also be considered if you can stretch your budget a bit.
alexrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 12:14   #28
BHPian

Arrow another option

You may have a look on Aveo or wait for face lifted Fiesta too...

Aveo with changes seems to be better one then before...

fiesta certainly a good car which will undergo a facelift shortly in coming 3-4 months....

but if u cant wait then have a look once at aveo 1.6 or 1.4 as per your requirement.
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 13:45   #29
BHPian

i feel VERNA is the best option here.. u must take a test drive of Verna Crdi before u make your decision... It fits on all your criteria.
drsvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:35   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
You may have a look on Aveo or wait for face lifted Fiesta too...

fiesta certainly a good car which will undergo a facelift shortly in coming 3-4 months....
@ Kamy : Source for your info, please?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote