Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 23rd May 2007, 08:29   #1
BHPian

Default Need help on buying the car at the right time

Hi guys,

My name is Hormaz, and im almost there(in 2 days from Shaman motors) in booking a Ford Fiesta for my dad in bombay, well now the deal is as every 1 knws tht monsoon is ready for us, i need ur advice on whether it is recommended to buy the car after the monsoon ,or its fine if i go for it now, as there are water logging problems near my area.

Plus the dealer said tht i have only 3 days to book it to avail a good rate of intrest and there wont be any offers in monsson, as there are not many ppl buying cars, ?? isin't it the other way ard, tht if ppl are not buying it thus affecting the sales, so they are forced to give discounts,

I appreciate any help from any 1.

Thank you for your time,

Hormaz.
hormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hormaz, which is the dealer you have approached?
Offers usually exist at most times of the year for the Fords, and the dealer is saying this to clinch the deal quickly, which is what their job is.

I dont think it makes much sense to wait till after the monsoons are over. Your car would have to deal with the water logging some time or the other.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

I think sales dip during monsoons. becuase
a) it is diffcult to travel a lot from one dealer to another during this time
b) post monsoon divali is right around the corner (oct) and in India divali is an auspicious time.
c) most people dont want ato spoil a new purchase - i really dont see any logic to this last argument.

so during ths dull period manfacturers concentrate on geting inventory right, product planning, etc.. and dont try to push sales.

If you have water logging in your area your choices
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:55   #4
BHPian

hey hormaz i think u should buy it now monsoon or no monsoon whats the big difference dude. global warming may not bring the monsoons as bombay faced last year.dont worry go fr it
spider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:06   #5
BHPian

yes your mansoon concern is right, no body wants to spoil the new purchase.

But right now its right time to buy, coz you will get vehicle manufactured between april-may, that is the time when QC is mopst active in any manufacturing industry, so chances of defective vehicles/parts passed on as ok is minimal. This is not a thumb rule but a general trend, i observed as an insider.

During heavy seasons, or year end, you tend to get more offers, but since production targets to be met are on priority to QC plays on backfoot. So year end lot tends to have minor niggles.

Again thats a general trend, not a thumb rule.
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:10   #6
BHPian

@ benbsb29 , its Shaman Ford, the 1 at Prabhadevi, you are right , but the way im thinking is atleast it wont have to face the rains immediately,

@ navin, correct me if im wrong, so you saying tht there wont be any discounts in the monsoon,

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:43   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hormaz View Post
Plus the dealer said tht i have only 3 days to book it to avail a good rate of intrest and there wont be any offers in monsson,
If only we got a rupee off our EMI everytime we heard a line like that

They say things like that just to push the sale, regardless. They will even show u some vague newspaper cutting of the rising prices of steel or rubber or something like that to push the cause. 9 times out of 10 its a sales tactic.
Sometimes they say rates/prices are going up and they do, and sometimes they dont move, and sometimes they go down!

goodluck, (and please try to type in full words, less SMS language, thanks.)
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

@Hormaz, sorry i missed the Shaman part. Got carried away seeing Bangalore as your location. As for what the dealer claims, do take your own decision, rather then going by their words.

While i was buying my Ikon during the Ugadi period, they threw in a free Blaupunkt music system (which i upgraded against the Blast pack accessories). Had i waited a while longer, they were also offerring free first year insurance. But then, i am not complaining. Happy with my purchase.

Offers will usually exist, just that what is being offerred will vary. With the competition hotting up, its only natural to expect them.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:00   #9
BHPian

@ spider77, well great unwishfull thinking there,. But i cant rely on that point, plus i dont want global warming to happen so soon,.

@ benbsb29, yes, they too are offering me a music system, or cash discount of 11K, my only concern is the water logging in my colony, and i would really regret if anything happens to her due to the rains, ( now i am sounding silly, but try to understand as its my 1st ride )

@ Rehaan ,yeah i know that its a sales tactics, but all 1 can do is to try and minimize your expenses.So thats the reason i spoke to another dealer, and took a quotation from him too, and called up the earlier 1 and bargained with him(though the 2nd 1 was expensive)..

@ arunforu1, thanks dude, didn't know about that.