Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 23rd May 2007, 23:19   #16
BHPian

Aparna, if you can stretch your budget a bit, you are better off buying a new car. There are a number of options to choose from in the hatchback segment. However, if you are particular about getting a used performance-oriented sedan, pretty much everything in that budget is obsolete - the Old Honda City, Baleno or Ikon 1.6. The Accent is still in production in a single flavour, though it may be on the last leg of its journey.

Purely from a resale value perspective, your best bet would be a Maruti / Hyundai.

Or, you could get a used Palio/ikon 1.6 for ~ 2L/2.5L respectively, forget about resale value and enjoy the ride! And, if they return under 10kpl, you always have the 1.2L from which to spend for the additional fuel! :P
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Depends actually if its just done then the insurance that is on the previous owners name can be transfered to your name...but if the insurance is getting over then no point in transfering it..just renew it on your name..
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 00:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Get an used OHC, all your dreams could come true. The next best is an used Mitsu Lancer (Going very cheap) or if you dont mind the looks, the Maruti Baleno.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 17:38   #19

Default so the deal with ikon is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
May I ask, even if you have decided against it now, what was it that was pulling you to the Ikon 1.6 given that you have countless used car dealers who sell cheaper options with smaller engines that are more fuel economic and whose spares are also cheaper.

Is it driving pleasure? If that is the case, let me just stop saying that the Ikon is a pleasurable car to drive even when you are not driving the wheels off the car.
The power it offers at the price it comes with! And the driving pleasure.
aparnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 17:43   #20

Thumbs up done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Everyone here would be able to help you, if you could describe what you want from the car...

Is a boot necessary??? or would a hatch do???

If a hatch, you could get your hands on a Swift ZXi at that price... Would fetch good resale value, is loaded to the maximum features possible, mileage of 10+ in city and average maintainence costs...
Since I'm not too particular on a sedan, I have decided to go for Swift (preferably a higher end model, lets see if I get a good one!) Fits in almost every way.
aparnap is offline   Reply With Quote