Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 5th July 2007, 02:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
No offence to SX4 owners but compared to the Cedia, the SX4 feels like a box with 4 wheels... there's simply no comparison - be it ride quality, handling, acceleration or interior quality. Its not a car for gizmo lovers. Its a car built for car lovers and the best seat in the house is the driver's seat. Also rubin2006 tell me where have you seen a cedia for sale and for what price? Folks who complain about low resale, show me one place where the car is actually being sold . So far I've not seen even a single car on sale anywhere.
I think you re new with Mitsubishi but my friend its been exactly 15 years since my association with them so probably after buying cedia recently
you will not be able to tell me much about them , i had the chance to live with a pajero ,lancer in India and eclipse in Canada

Now to your second query show you any car which sold for less ,you can
actually go and buy the same Mitsubishi cedia NEW One which was sold For 10.5 lacks now being sold for 8.5 lacks you don't even bother to look for seconds hands as the price just depreciated by 2 lacks with out being even becoming second hand and with out the car even coming out of show room , ask any body who got it for 10.5 lacks and he will tell you the agony with which he sees this price cuts after spending 10.5 lacks the poor guy is not able to get even 6 lacks after 1.5 years so he doesn't sell and you don't see second vehicles

If you need to check the value of cedia try to take a quote for a 2006 used model from any used car and then also try to take the quote for Honda Civic and then please use you calculator and you will probably never ask the resale of cedia again

And yes this also remains the fact that it is a much better car than SX4
But its parent is hell bent on destroying it HM i guess and i can assure you that these cars will sell like 2-3 lacks in coming years ,sx4 will hold it value ( you can say that you re not bothered about depreciation disaster ,but you cant say that cedia will hold it value until its in the hands of HM )

And i do not hold or plan to buy a Sx4

Last edited by rubin2006 : 5th July 2007 at 02:15.
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 09:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

1) SWS(Smart wiring system)A streamlined wiring system that lim-its the increase in complexity andweight of the wiring harness caused bythe increased use of electronics bytransmitting multiple signals by a sin-gle harness.

this thing was present on the earlier lancer cedia website.

@RUBIN: which year eclipse do you have? I agree with you about HM's strategy with the cedia but the depriciation is not 2 lacs. The car was selling for 9.87 previously and now its selling for a lac less. that's some misinformation there.

I was just wondering if cedia is more of a competitor to the NHC than the cedia. becoz civic is fighting with the new lancer. Just wondering.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 5th July 2007 at 09:20.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 09:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
Now to your second query show you any car which sold for less ,you can
actually go and buy the same Mitsubishi cedia NEW One which was sold For 10.5 lacks now being sold for 8.5 lacks you don't even bother to look for seconds hands as the price just depreciated by 2 lacks with out being even becoming second hand and with out the car even coming out of show room , ask any body who got it for 10.5 lacks and he will tell you the agony with which he sees this price cuts after spending 10.5 lacks the poor guy is not able to get even 6 lacks after 1.5 years so he doesn't sell and you don't see second vehicles
The price of the Cedia has dropped by just 1 lac. There are cheaper variants available now with less kit thats it. Also show me a place which will give you a cedia for 8.5lacs new . No one will. Also depreciation is a problem for all big cars. People who have the money to own a big car prefer to get a new one, be it me or you or someone else.

Quote:
If you need to check the value of cedia try to take a quote for a 2006 used model from any used car and then also try to take the quote for Honda Civic and then please use you calculator and you will probably never ask the resale of cedia again
Hondas always have better resale than other cars. But is it worth paying the huge premium just for resale? Whatever be the case, the car is not worth 13.5lacs onroad in bangalore. Atleast not according to me. And finally if you keep the car for 4-5 years, depreciation will take its toll whether its a civic or accord or camry or whatever.

Quote:
And yes this also remains the fact that it is a much better car than SX4
But its parent is hell bent on destroying it HM i guess and i can assure you that these cars will sell like 2-3 lacks in coming years ,sx4 will hold it value ( you can say that you re not bothered about depreciation disaster ,but you cant say that cedia will hold it value until its in the hands of HM )

And i do not hold or plan to buy a Sx4
2-3 lacs. Looks like you are out of your mind . Even used 6-7 year old lancer 1.5 cars sell for more than that. Yes I agree its stupid on the part of HM to launch the car at a ridiculous price and then keep cutting prices. They acted like complete morons.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

I won a Lancer in Hyderabad and Sureka Auto are really bad when it comes to A.S.S.They gave me such tough time to get teh spare parts and i found them to be very indifferent.Infact i have just sent a huge grievance to Hindustan Motors.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 12:16   #20
VMG
BHPian

Done TD - Cedia Sports yesterday. The car is great in all aspects. Driving pleasure, handling and brake are too good. Only missing part is
- No auto climate control
- No front arm rest( very comfortable in Scorpio)
Sports interior is very dark becasue of the black. Beige may be better.
Driven (TD)Corolla couple of day before. No comparision with Cedia. Cedia is outstanding.

In chennai, Sports model is 9.7lacs - OTR other models are 9.35 and 9.0 - OTR

I am wating for Diwali time for better discount..
Presently I am using Scropio, earlier I used to have Lancer. *** is very good in Chennai - ACT. No issues. Done 45K in 4 years; spent 15K towards maintenance in 4 years.( includes oil change )
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I won a Lancer in Hyderabad and Sureka Auto are really bad when it comes to A.S.S.They gave me such tough time to get teh spare parts and i found them to be very indifferent.Infact i have just sent a huge grievance to Hindustan Motors.

If you are not Happy with Sureka auto, you would want to commit suicied dealing with HM directly

Just find a different dealer if anyone is closeby.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 17:50   #22
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
@RacingForIndia - what is the final OTR price of the Cedia?
Shall let you know by tomorrow. Been so impressed with the car, forgot to ask how much it costs.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 02:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
2-3 lacs. Looks like you are out of your mind . Even used 6-7 year old lancer 1.5 cars sell for more than that. Yes I agree its stupid on the part of HM to launch the car at a ridiculous price and then keep cutting prices. They acted like complete morons.
I think you re not a psychiatrist to tell how and what is my minds condition you re most welcome to come to Delhi and i will get you at least 10 lancers here i assure you for less than 2 lacks forget 3 i have seen lancer up for sale at 1.1 lacks also , i think that now as good as to judge people minds if you cant see that Cedia was A flop flop flop and that is the only reason for a huge price cut like it ornot Till now as Cedia was a Flop Flop Flop Honda Civic And City Were A Hit HIT super Hit , and if any body can deny this on T-Bhp i will accept that i am out of my Mind What ever is correct on paper is true and not what car you own check out sales Figures and see where Cedia stands

I think you re in state of Denial even after huge sales cut of 1.5 lacks and discounts still no buyers for poor Cedia at this rock bootom price Sorry no takers
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 10:57   #24
Team-BHP Support

hey rubin,

I think everyone knows the lancer cedia aint selling and that's why it's good VFM with the price cuts.

Finally it is the hearts decision after driving the car. When you buy a car you buy because you enjoy driving it and not because it will have a higher resale in the future. I would buy the lower priced, similar specd car which i find is better to drive rather than a higher priced car which is not as fun to drive but has higher resale. I wouldn't buy a car based on sales figures on paper.

Comparing the resale value of the Civic and Cedia does not make sense as there is a price difference of 4 lakhs between the 2 cars.

The cedia has similar level of feaures to the Civic along with leather, foglamps. the similar spec Civic is substantially more at 14L. The only missing thing is the climate control.

The civic is no doubt a good car but it just isn't VFM.

I have a lancer 2000 petrol model for which I have a buyer at 3.5L who I am having tough time refusing. I wouldnt call that poor resale by any means.

lets continue with the 8L+ car buy and not 14L civic vs Cedia.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th July 2007 at 11:02.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 11:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Rubin2006 and Reignofchaos.
No more personal attacks please. Read the rules and regulations (if you havent already done so).
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote