Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 10:51   #1
BHPian

Rs. 8 Lac + Shootout

Well heres my dilemma.

A friend of mine is looking at buying a car in the upper C segment lower D segment (both petrol), and I am helping him out to choose a right ride for himself.

As of now we have driven the SX4, Verna, Fiesta (my own) and yesterday we tried the Cedia. For some reasons he is not inclined towards the City and the Aveo so that’s ruled out.

The reason why he wants to buy a sedan is that he wants a proper CAR. Not that others aren’t but that’s his perception. He also wants safety features, chief amongst which are Air bags and ABS (with EBD).

He seemed to be fairly satisfied with the SX4 but for some reason dosent seem to get totally hooked unto it. We are very impressed with the features and the engine is peppy too, braking is exceptional and ride is decent.

I liked the Verna, comes across as a better product, but lacks the featured and more importantly the interiors are not befitting the price which it demands. The ride was very bumpy but I was impressed with the engine. Car felt better finished than the SX4 but lack of airbags was a hugh deterrent.

Yesterday we test-drove the Cedia, and I am still having a hangover of the drive. The car looks and feels like a 9L+ car and is supremely roomy. Acceleration is great and braking is decent. Gearshift was not top notch but the sales guy said that the car was due for servicing so there was some work to be done on the clutch it seems.

I am inclined towards the Cedia after driving it, but would like to know your opinion on the same. As of now its a direct shoot out between the SX4 (for the VFM factor in the C segment) and Cedia (for the VFM factor in the D segment). Corolla is ruled out for its been around for a while and is also expensive.
Old 24th May 2007, 11:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

You have a tough choice.
If you look at sheer VFM+all features you want, then its the SX4.
If you don't like the SX4, then Cedia is a nice competitor.
Its peppy, handles great.
I think its the best looking car below 10L, esp in black.
As a car its great.
People who own lancers can tell you about the after sales service etc., but from a value for money standpoints, it makes a great deal.
Old 24th May 2007, 11:33   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The Cedia is an accomplished performer - its gotten waylaid due to its own parent's inactions. There's nothing that stands in the path of purchasing the Cedia - except its low resale value - again due to no fault of the car.

Get the Cedia Spirit for its VFM proposition
Old 24th May 2007, 11:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is awesome, From what I hear what I particularly like about it is the higher ground clearance compared to the Civic. Seems an awesome package.
Old 24th May 2007, 11:57   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the responses guys..... so are there any lancer guys around who can tell me about the A.S.S. of HM.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:25   #6
BHPian

OK, heres an update,
My boss has finally decided to buy the Cedia and I am glad he did. The thing we liked most about the car was the amazing handling and it never seems to run out of breadth. Braking is good and build quality is top notch. Rear leg room is not as good as expected but thats OK.
We got a chance of driving it on the express way and it was pouring cats and dogs but the car inspired so much confidence, something that the other cars can only dream of.
The salesman said that it comes with drive-by-wire not sure about that, but over all its a gem of a car.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:33   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
The thing we liked most about the car was the amazing handling and it never seems to run out of breadth.
Err.. you meant breath, right?

Good choice, the Cedia. Nice to see that people are beginning to appreciate this car. Our fellow member ReignOfChaos has also out up a review on the same (Sports version), and is very satisfied with his purchase.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:48   #8
BHPian

Cedia is a nice car but sx4 offer some thing else , gadgets , equipment maruti afer sales less expensive spares and high resale ,and cedia is car for the drivers who loves to drive can live with drab interiors and low reasle value
Old 4th July 2007, 17:35   #9
BHPian

@benbsb29 - Yeap I meant breath ;-)

@rubin2006 - The Cedia is in a different league. The SX4 though a very competent car is no match for the Cedia. When it comes to the sheer pleasure of driving, the Cedia blows every other car sub 10 lac to smitherings. As for the drab interiors, I think its a matter of taste. The Sport has a fake carbon finish with sexy seats which look awesome. One thing I liked about Mitsubshi is that they even do the Teflon coating (outside and underneath the car). In short the car is full loaded when you buy it. I cannot imagine any seat covers looking as good as the sports seat covers offered by Mitsu.
Its not a wanna be gizmo laden car (nothing wrong with that as there is a segment who adored such cars), the Cedia a proper sedan. Meant for people who want to enjoy their driving and know that they have a car, which can match it.
Old 4th July 2007, 17:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

No offence to SX4 owners but compared to the Cedia, the SX4 feels like a box with 4 wheels... there's simply no comparison - be it ride quality, handling, acceleration or interior quality. Its not a car for gizmo lovers. Its a car built for car lovers and the best seat in the house is the driver's seat. Also rubin2006 tell me where have you seen a cedia for sale and for what price? Folks who complain about low resale, show me one place where the car is actually being sold . So far I've not seen even a single car on sale anywhere.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 4th July 2007 at 17:49.
Old 4th July 2007, 17:58   #11
BHPian

For the very reasons that you state here, someone who is buying a Cedia, would not want to part with it so soon (this car hasn't been around for too long).

Also, I agree I like the car and if you have the money for the Sports version, go for it. The Red and the Yellow are mesmerizing.
Old 4th July 2007, 18:01   #12
BHPian

@RacingForIndia - what is the final OTR price of the Cedia?
Old 4th July 2007, 23:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
The salesman said that it comes with drive-by-wire not sure about that, but over all its a gem of a car.
One of the partners who owns Autonova mitsubishi caught me unawares today. He is a very talkative guy. he mentioned that cedia has a fibre optic kind of wiring system or something called smart wiring, where in all the messages to the ECU are taken by a single wire. Dunno if drive by wire and smart wiring are same.
Old 5th July 2007, 00:05   #14
Team-BHP Support

Optical fibre link in the car!! that's a new one. No drive by wire or smart wiring it's a plain and simple cable. the way I like it no computer interference.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Yup... its all standard, no drive by wire or whatever bull.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks