Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 31st May 2007, 13:16   #1

Default Ford Fusion (Diesel) Vs Indigo XL (Dicor)

Hi Guys, I am seeking your suggestion to decide between Indigo XL (Dicor) & Ford Fusion (Diesel).

Actually, I was all set to buy Indigo XL (Dicor) but today only got a news that Ford is launching Ford Fusion (Diesel) in mid of July 2007.

Indigo XL (Dicor) is a good deal but after test drive I felt it under power. Secondly its dash-board is same as in Indica which is really bugging me. But the bottom line is, Indigo XL (Dicor) is having the best interiors in its class.

On the other Hand Ford Fusion (Diesel) will be on road very soon. Sources say, the new offering should be in by July. It will be powered by the Fiesta's frugal 1399 cc engine and is expected to be priced around Rs 6 lakh. Ford could be trying to reduce the Fusion's length by 18 millimeters, so it comes within 4 meters and can avail lower excise duty. And that would make it a strong competitor to the swift diesel and the diesel Getz planned by Hyundai.

Now, I am confused, as I am not sure how Fusion is going to respond on road with 1399cc Engine but Fusion's look always attract me more.

So what you suggest and think is Fusion really gona rock the roads and I should wait for it or Indigo XL Dicor is the ideal deal to go for ??.

I am sure, your valuable suggestions will help me in taking a final decision.

Cheers !
Jatinder
singhisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 16:06   #2
BHPian

If you Ford Fusion for Rs 6 lakh OTR with the Fiesta Diesel engine, it will be a steal. Wait for it
Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 17:52   #3
BHPian

Ford Fusion has the best looks among the cars in that segment. In fact it is a mini SUV. However I am not sure whether it will be on the roads by July 07. And since the petrol one is sold at 5.7 ex showroom I am sure the diesel one will be in the range of 6.5 ex showroom (unless ford do something to shave off 18 mm and avail the tax benefits...wonder how much that will reduce the price though!) Heard that Indigo Dicor starts at 5.25 L ex show room...Fusion can never beat the price....Not because I am a TATA fan, they have an edge on pricing. 1.4 TDCi is supposed to be the most fuel efficient in the class, which will make the Fusion diesel an excellent choice.
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 18:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Indigo XL DICOR and Ford fusion will have similar peformance if the Fiesta is anything to go by.
Other than that I expect a 6.2-6.5L price for the diesel.

Fusion will be more refined, and DICOR will give you better space.
As far as A.S.S. is concerned, both Tata and Ford are similar, nothing great about both of them.

So you can wait for fusion diesel and then decide, if you want space then the DICOR is your only option.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 09:43   #5
BHPian

Are you looking to driver yourself or use a chaffeur?

For self-driven, the Fusion should be much better, being more refined and good handling, steering feedback - if the 1.4 engine and existing petrol Fusion are an indication. It might give you better FE too.

Otherwise, you can sit back and relax in the huge, comfy back-seat of the XL, enjoy movies on the LCD screen, while the driver huffs and puffs away.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 10:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Depending upon, if the Fusion Diesi is launched in July and if the cost is left around 6.5L, it will be a steal and a turning point in the sales figures for Fusion.

Its a great vehicle with the petrol Duratec also, but dont know why the sales are bleak.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 12:15   #7
BHPian

Go for Ford Fusion diesel without a doubt, unless you prefer to be chaueferred .
Indigo is good if you can live with its shape(yuck IMHO) and very low snob value
Fusion is super refined with great interiors
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 13:56   #8
BHPian

Fusion diesel will be priced atleast 60K higher than the petrol sibling which means 6.3L ex-showroom.. Add 15% atleast to it and its 7.3 odd onroad in Bangalore.. Still a decent deal I think..

I like Fusion too. Ford should also introduce the Fiesta's 1.4 petrol on the Fusion as well, dont you guys think so? If (and only if) priced competetively, it should do a lot of good to them!
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 14:01   #9
BHPian

ford fusion diesel is a deal indeed
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 14:13   #10

WOW !! Guys thanks so much for these valuable inputs and ...one thing is sure now.... I gona wait for Fusion....

Do you have any clue if Fusion can be set with 215/75 R15 Tyres instead of default set 195/60 R15??
There is a amazing set of tyres 215/75 R15 from BF GoodRich (All Terrain), I think Fusion will rock with these set of Terrains (Tubeless). Its costing just Rs 4400/- each in Bangalore with 1 Lakh KM guarantee.
singhisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 15:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Are you looking to driver yourself or use a chaffeur?

For self-driven, the Fusion should be much better, being more refined and good handling, steering feedback - if the 1.4 engine and existing petrol Fusion are an indication. It might give you better FE too.

Otherwise, you can sit back and relax in the huge, comfy back-seat of the XL, enjoy movies on the LCD screen, while the driver huffs and puffs away.
Precisely.

No mate,the 215/75 R15 is a wrong choice. You will have to get 215/50 R15s or even 215/55 R15.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 16:54   #12
nbr
BHPian

IMO, you should wait for FUSION D , since INDIGO XL , is the same indca with addtional space .
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:52   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhisking View Post
Its costing just Rs 4400/- each in Bangalore with 1 Lakh KM guarantee.
That 1 lakh km guarantee is actually a little deceptive. What does it mean when a tyre gives you 1 lakh km guarantee (it will be warrantee for sure). Its against any manufacturing defect. However long before that your tyres would have worn off. So it basically means within the normal wear and tear period (25k to 45k, depends) it won't crack up or spring a wire out etc....
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 10:41   #14
BHPian

Arrow fusion mmmm

Well my view on this would be wait for pricing because that would be a major decision maker point.

Ford vehicles are slightly overpriced. if you have to pay 7+ lacs for fusion u have option for Fiesta diesal, scorpio, Safari, Travera too if u strech your finance a bit

I m not sure if fusion diesal would be under 6 ex showroom.

But definately it will be a pretty good vehicle managed along with diesal i like fusion looks styling and space it wonderful....

But wait n watch on pricing stuff.....

Good luck !!
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 11:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhisking View Post
Its costing just Rs 4400/- each in Bangalore with 1 Lakh KM guarantee.
Is it the extended warranty ???? If yes then go for it as they cover electric parts too.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote