Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 5th June 2007, 01:55   #16
Team-BHP Support

Buddy, try the sulekha classifieds for chennai (and many such other online classifieds). Locate a direct seller and then negotiate. You will get a far better rate than through the used car dealers.

Also, if you are a software guy with one of those major IT cos. or have a few friends in such cos. ask them to keep an eye on their respective internal classifieds and boards. Many a sw guys sell off their cars before leaving for long term onsite assignments. The rates are also much better in these cases.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 02:47   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
its done a little more than 40k kms. the tires wont last more than another 5k kms. its got all the toys. music system, alloys, security system, powered windows and steering. the clutch seems to be giving way.

i felt 3.8L was too much for this car. please tell me ur opinion.
when in doubt, let it go!
don't make the mistake of going in for a car when you know you're going to have to spend a lot of money on it immediately afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
i just called up alphazee used car dealer who wants 4.3L for 2004 baleno. he says its a fully loaded model run 36k kms. he offers no warranty but assures me the car is in great condition
he's a dealer and wants to sell his stock. if he doesn't offer any warranty whatsoever, then you're better off not going in for it.

there's always a better car out there - you just have to look hard enough.
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 09:16   #18
BHPian

@spadival : the only reason i considered the esteem for 4L is because its in very good shape and yes your probably right about the baleno.
i couldn't agree with your more on the "fully loaded" bit! in fact the baleno we're talking about is a good example. crappy alloys, vintage cassette player etc.

@Zappo : Thats some good advice. Thank you. I'l scan thru sulekha classifieds in a day or 2. I'm not in IT. But i do have a couple of friend in wipro and infy. i'l ask them to scout within their campus.

@ aah78 : every used car buyers worst fear! the last thing i want is to end up buying a lemon. i dont mind waiting a bit to get the right car. i dont want to rush in. some stories i've heard about used cars are really scary!
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 11:04   #19
BHPian

One quick question...did the 2004-5-6 balenos ever come with a 4 yr extended warranty ? this would have helped in preserving the resale value to some extent.

~A

ps : Also wanted to know whether the 4 yr extended warranty is available on city ZX sold 05 onwards

Last edited by adityapd : 5th June 2007 at 11:06.
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 11:30   #20
BHPian

@adityapd : thats is a very good question. i am not too sure. the guy at the true value showroom kept telling me that they offer a 1 year warranty on the engine and gearbox. nothing about the 4 year extended warranty.

incidentally i would also want to know if i can get an extended warranty for the used car which i am planning to buy. anyone got any details about this?
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 12:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd View Post
One quick question...did the 2004-5-6 balenos ever come with a 4 yr extended warranty ? this would have helped in preserving the resale value to some extent.
I got 4 years extended warranty for my 06 May Baleno...
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 16:13   #22
BHPian

@flipsyde : At Maruti true value you get a 1 year warranty, and nothing more, they donít sell you extended warranty for used cars, The previous owners extended warranty, if he had purchased one doesnít come in to the picture as Maruti gives you a fresh Service record book with you service interval and warranty details in it.

And about the Baleno take you time I am sure youíll find a well maintained car under 4L.

Cheers
Hellcat
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote