Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 02:36   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
@Finney: Cedia is a segment above and expensive too. It has to be more comfortable and spacious. But factor into the comparo that the climate control and other conviniences put Sx4 more ahead for the price. PLus maruti is more piece of mind. Hence I said its more comfortable meaning a better family car. maybe I didnt use the right words to put my point forward.

remember I am a supposed to be a Mitsu fan.
Cedia is not all that comfortable as its made out to be... specially the rear seats. They have ZILCH thigh support, I mean the rear seat is better suited in an Indica (no offense). Check it out for yourself.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 08:55   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 187
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I thought rear seat wise Optra & Cedia score good, yes I didnt like SX4 rear seat design at all. On top of it, the noise levels are high inside the car, I said it offers all goodies and is vfm package, Optra base with the current discounts is almost similar cost wise to SX4 Zxi but doesn't offer automatic climate control , airbags etc. but has good AC, rear seat comfort, mileage wise I feel both SX4 & Optra are similar (As per the reported mileage by majority of current owners, it might increase with the 2nd, 3rd services but cant say for sure)

Cedia ? Any issues, problems related to services, maintenance or spares cost/availability ? Will appreciate if any existing owners could share feedback.

My budget is almost 7.5L but plan to keep the vehicle for at least 5-7 years so can stretch 1 - 1.5L to go for Cedia if I am convinced that service/maintenance issues wont be there, I feel overall Cedia is better than SX4 & Optra ? what do you think?

Also, GM Sales guy told me abuot the new model of Optra petrol getting launched in a week or so? Magnum I think...

Will try to get more info or some brochures for Magnum if I can.
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 12:15   #18
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

shankyz the magnum, its a diesel launched by GM.The SX4 is a better value package if you consider it in totality between the base optra&SX4 zxi, the ACC, Alloys, Airbags, stereo etc. imo, the optra is now been around and looks dated,( no offence to current owners or otherwise) the cedia is good choice with an extra 1.5 thrown in?
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 12:29   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Cedia is not all that comfortable as its made out to be... specially the rear seats. They have ZILCH thigh support, I mean the rear seat is better suited in an Indica (no offense). Check it out for yourself.

I agree. Cedia does lack under thigh support and is not comfortable especially for people closer to 6 feet.

For rear seat comfort, Optra is better than both SX4 and Cedia.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 17:16   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 187
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

It seems we donn't have many Cedia & Optra owners on this forum ? Does anyone know of any existing forums for these cars so that I may get some real feedback please ....
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 17:55   #21
BHPian
 
Deepz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jakarta(originally bombay)
Posts: 98
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
. imo, the optra is now been around and looks dated,( no offence to current owners or otherwise) the cedia is good choice with an extra 1.5 thrown in?
doesnt the magnum have a new front end?
Deepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 22:11   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,045
Thanked: 476 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
It seems we donn't have many Cedia & Optra owners on this forum ? Does anyone know of any existing forums for these cars so that I may get some real feedback please ....
Cedia owner: reignofchaos
Optra owners: Rudra Sen, BUSA

these are the ones i know of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepz View Post
doesnt the magnum have a new front end?
yup. Check out the pics here
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 22:39   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I thought rear seat wise Optra & Cedia score good, yes I didnt like SX4 rear seat design at all. On top of it, the noise levels are high inside the car, I said it offers all goodies and is vfm package, Optra base with the current discounts is almost similar cost wise to SX4 Zxi but doesn't offer automatic climate control , airbags etc. but has good AC, rear seat comfort, mileage wise I feel both SX4 & Optra are similar (As per the reported mileage by majority of current owners, it might increase with the 2nd, 3rd services but cant say for sure)
Rear seat of cedia isn't great... but there's lots of legroom. The lack of thigh support is a sore issue. However its better than SX4 and C segmenters for sure. Whats the point of Climate Control in the SX4 if the AC is not powerful enough?

Quote:
Cedia ? Any issues, problems related to services, maintenance or spares cost/availability ? Will appreciate if any existing owners could share feedback.
So far my only experience has been fixing a small bumper dent and first service. The former was done in less than 1 day (including bumper painting after which it was as good as new). The first service was done in 3 hours flat. So far my experience has been excellent.

Quote:
My budget is almost 7.5L but plan to keep the vehicle for at least 5-7 years so can stretch 1 - 1.5L to go for Cedia if I am convinced that service/maintenance issues wont be there, I feel overall Cedia is better than SX4 & Optra ? what do you think?

Also, GM Sales guy told me abuot the new model of Optra petrol getting launched in a week or so? Magnum I think...

Will try to get more info or some brochures for Magnum if I can.
The optra magnum has severe turbo lag and seemingly another clunky gearbox. You might wanna test it out. Frankly its easy to decide... do you want a driver's car or a passenger's car? If its the former, get cedia. If its the latter, get the optra.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 03:08   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: delhi/calgary
Posts: 286
Thanked: Once
Default

optra and Sx4 no comparison for cedia after driving a pajero and lancer extensively i have respect for mitsubishi which is second to none , i dont know my future car will be as good as they were never ever failed in these years , but i can also tell you that Depreciation will be a bigger disaster then probabaly one night loosing spree on a Las Vegas Casino and it you want to keep it for atleast 5 years then only go for it other wise its a no no and if you dont mind disel check out Optra for sure
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 07:36   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 187
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
Depreciation will be a bigger disaster then probabaly one night loosing spree on a Las Vegas Casino and it you want to keep it for atleast 5 years then only go for it other wise its a no no and if you dont mind disel check out Optra for sure
Well , I don't mind depreciation as I plan to keep it for long but the cost of spares, costly maintenance is my concern, If you have been a Mitsu owner for long, would you care to share any experiences with me?

Especially, the regular service parts that are replaced due to wear and tear and the common parts like bumpers, head/tail lights/ mirrors , fenders that need replacement incase of an accident etc?

I heard from someone that Mitsu maintenance is very expensive ? Is it correct?
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 09:28   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
You might wanna test it out. Frankly its easy to decide... do you want a driver's car or a passenger's car? If its the former, get cedia. If its the latter, get the optra.
Exactly. Cedia is amazing to drive and Optra has a fantastic rear seat and ride. Personally, I would pick up Cedia over Optra because I like to drive myself.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 12:35   #27
BHPian
 
ashwin_seattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: seattle/chandig
Posts: 122
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Truly, my friend took a TD of Cedia Sports and instantly fell in love. watch out for the yellow and black colors. Black is terrific. plus the acceleration, and handling of cedia is amazing.
Its a notch above teh other 2.
So to classify the 3 cars :
Killer Looks,fun to drive, best handler,most nimble,compromise on resale: Cedia
Classy,comfortable,cruiser,ok resale: Optra
Fully loaded,masculine,great build,A**,solid,best resale: SX4
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 13:07   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,588
Thanked: 1,725 Times
Default

If it is a family car, please give lot of importance to NVH levels. SX4 rates the lowest (in my opinion). For a family car, my suggestions would be Corolla Executive (you are in the budget range) or Optra (lot of variants to choose from). Your family will love Corolla - they will be proud of you :-) For a personal car, I would suggest Cedia, Optra or Corlla (in no particular order).
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 13:27   #29
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
about the ac of the sx4 it is supposed to become much better after the first service.
Yup, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/456165-post112.html
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 13:36   #30
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
TD Optra Magnum it seems to very promising because GM in improving in India and has aggressive marketing as well, Lot of ads now a days!

One thing I liked about GM cars best ride comfort (take Tavera, Optra, Aveo, UVA, SPark..) and best build quality (Tavera might not have best build quality in its class but all otherGM cars have best build quality..) and very spacious too for its size.

Although Spark is small car in dimension is space inside except for boot space is very good.

Close the door feel the thud sound its like solid body as well. GM is offerring unmatched warranty as well now a days.

By considerring all these GM carswill click day by day. Test Drive Optra and see how you feel and decide.

Sine you liked Cedia think about it as well

SX4 is too new car, it needs sometime for MUL to make sure car is trouble free I feel.

Regards,

Ravi.
Optra diesel is also too new. SX4 carries its success (from hatch) from US. I haven't faced any issues till now (except AC, which is rectified in 1st service).

I am getting 10 as mileage for SX4 in city, average (long+city) is about 12-14.

If you keep resale as one of parameter, SX4 tops the list, IMHO.

Last edited by sathya_nars : 12th June 2007 at 13:38.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
SX4 Zxi or ANHC? EDIT : Bought SX4! abhi182 Sedans 153 21st December 2009 15:54
Need help - Cedia, SX4, Optra or ANHC ? EDIT : The Cedia it is! kartho Sedans 59 23rd November 2009 13:59
Swift to SX4 - Booking a Black SX4 Zxi - Some queries on Pg3 joy_swift Sedans 68 28th August 2009 16:08
Optra vs. Lancer cedia vs. City vtec Arnav_Kacker Sedans 0 23rd February 2006 18:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks