Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 12:28   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
2004 esteem for 2.5L ?? is it that cheap in mumbai ??

.
i was talking about the price in chandigarh

we sold our 2002 esteem vx1.25 lac km for 1.75 lacs

it had mags and all
the car had nothing wrong but had complete 5 years and in our family we change every car after 5 years


any updates saurabhkum

we can help you judge a car if you found one

and take a mechanic which you know along

many cars which i have come across while finding cars for my friend are cosmetically good or very showroom condition but when it comes to mechanically their is nothing left in them

Last edited by manikjeet : 27th June 2007 at 12:31.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 17:52   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 455
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post

any updates saurabhkum

we can help you judge a car if you found one

and take a mechanic which you know along

many cars which i have come across while finding cars for my friend are cosmetically good or very showroom condition but when it comes to mechanically their is nothing left in them
I've found one Accent Nov 2000 model which has done 28,000 KMS( genuine) The car is pretty well maintained, though not scratchless or showroom condition. But the same can't be expected out of a car which is 6.5 years old. I've not yet taken any mechanic as I wanted to know what should be the ideal price for it? The owner is asking 2.7 lakhs. which i feel slightly over priced. Can the senior members pls help me with it?
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 21:34   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
we sold our 2002 esteem vx1.25 lac km for 1.75 lacs
it had mags and all
selling a car is totally different from buying one. your esteem would have been sold for 2.5L to an unsuspecting customer saying that it has run only 25k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I've found one Accent Nov 2000 model which has done 28,000 KMS( genuine) The car is pretty well maintained, though not scratchless or showroom condition. But the same can't be expected out of a car which is 6.5 years old. I've not yet taken any mechanic as I wanted to know what should be the ideal price for it? The owner is asking 2.7 lakhs. which i feel slightly over priced. Can the senior members pls help me with it?
Nov 2000 accent with only 28k kms is a good car as long as you know for sure that the car has run only 28k & not 1.28k or 2.28k. Make sure of the service records & take a good mechanic, pay him the price & decide accordingly.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 21:53   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Sudipto-S-Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,294
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Taking a mechanic to buy a used car, at least in Kolkata, is hara kiri. The mechanic checks the car, tells the buyer all sorts of negative stories and then comes back to the dealer in five minutes asking for a cut. This is standard.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 21:56   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Taking a mechanic to buy a used car, at least in Kolkata, is hara kiri. The mechanic checks the car, tells the buyer all sorts of negative stories and then comes back to the dealer in five minutes asking for a cut. This is standard.
exactly y u should have a trusted mechanic whom you know for quite a time..
mainak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 22:02   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
selling a car is totally different from buying one. your esteem would have been sold for 2.5L to an unsuspecting customer saying that it has run only 25k kms.
hey man

the car was sold to a private buyer and he is still using it

in north the second cars don't fetch good money as in the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
exactly y u should have a trusted mechanic whom you know for quite a time..
that is what i was going to say

take mechanic along who you know and pay him little in advance

Last edited by manikjeet : 27th June 2007 at 22:03.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 10:19   #22
BHPian
 
xbox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 226
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I've found one Accent Nov 2000 model which has done 28,000 KMS( genuine)
Its hard to imagine a 6 yr old vehicle with so little mileage unless there is a genuine reason like the owners having a fleet of vehicles with this one being used sparingly or with owners out of station for longish durations or if you are personally acquainted with the seller and can trust them.
To be sure you should check with the service centers to cross check the mileage figures at each of its service.
xbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 11:45   #23
BHPian
 
kamy450's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

GO for Accent Ford is big no for its A.S.S
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS schitre05 Motorbikes 149 13th August 2015 15:54
Which car should I buy? Tapan What Car? 50 13th March 2009 10:40
which car should I buy? Spock What Car? 15 23rd February 2009 15:51
Which Car should I buy???? Ajaybiz Hatchbacks 18 4th March 2005 15:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks