Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th June 2007, 16:05   #16
BHPian

Fiesta1.4 will not give 16-18 KMPL. It is way too much. max it would give abt 11 in city conditions and 13-14 on the highway. I think comparing Fiesta 1.4 and SX4 Vxi, I would reccomend SX4 over Fiesta anytime. No need to think abt it. Moreover, there is no waiting for SX4 Vxi.
zoom2_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
max it would give abt 11 in city conditions and 13-14 on the highway.
Are you sure? Some T-BHPians have reported around 11 kpl in city with the Fiesta 1.6, so wouldnt the 1.4 logically have better FE?
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Are you sure? Some T-BHPians have reported around 11 kpl in city with the Fiesta 1.6, so wouldnt the 1.4 logically have better FE?
excactly. that is one aspect that i have always wondered about. most people claim simmilar F.E figures on the 1.6 and the 1.4!!!! My Fusion gives me above 11 in city with full ac and normal driving. On highways this go upto 15-16 if you dont really "RACE". I've heard very simmilar figures for the 1.4 also.

The SX4 should also give simmilar figures and in that case i think that should be the best bet. Can some SX4 owners comment on their F.E Figures (if at all there are any by now and they have checked!!)
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

I own a Fiesta 1.6 sxi, and my city mileage with AC fluctuates between 10 and 12. So I guess it will be a km more for Fiesta 1.4.
Ford service in Hyd is quite ok, though not exemplary.
I am very happy with my car, and do not regret for not waiting for SX4.
The only thing I miss are the airbags though.
I've read bad reviews on SX4's mileage--some members have reported 7 to 8 in Orkut in the SX4 community. So please take an informed decision.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 16:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Indian ask him to get his ecu checked. I've heard that Ford has some system in which if there is any malfunction you could drive the car only at certain speeds. This is done to help us drive to the service station. This system also kicks in in case of some brake problem or the drive by wire accelerator.

I think there should be some reference to this in the users manual.
Yep, I will ask him to check this. He was also complaining about the malfunction of this chip that causes the car to go in only one speed. When he checked with other Fiesta owners, looks like others also had similar complaints. So he is just blaming the wrong design in the chipset & continue to drive
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 17:02   #21
Team-BHP Support

Somehow, from what i have gathered from the SX4 owners on the forum the mileage of the SX4 is not worth raving about. Sathya_nars reports city figures of about 10, which means try as you might, the highway runs wont return more than 13-14 kmpl. Maybe its too early to quote them.

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Why not consider the fiesta diesel instead,yes not many goodies with it[base trim level] but considering the popularity of diesel in kerala,it would be worth it.
Quote:
Please also help me with other alternatives at the same price range. ie.below 7L OTR.
Rahul, this is why it cant be taken into consideration.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th June 2007 at 17:15. Reason: Replying to Rahul's post below.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 17:06   #22

If you so concerned with FE, Petrol Fiesta would not be your best bet. FE wise Diesel fiesta is the best, also the high seller of fiesta is diesel..
out of the Three, Aveo is slightly giving more mileage.. around 11.5 to 12.5 for city driving.. and cost lesser than all.. (you can get discount on Aveo.. 1.4 cost around 6.75 OTTR in blore) moreover you can see the roads flooded with Fiesta.. so SX4 or aveo might give you the "one of the few feel" which was the marketing stmt for Swift!!
FAst 'n furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 17:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Why not consider the fiesta diesel instead,yes not many goodies with it[base trim level] but considering the popularity of diesel in kerala,it would be worth it.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 17:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

He get 85 liter petrol reimbursement per month (lucky him!!!)and dont want to loose that. Thats why he is not interested in a diesel car!!!
Old 27th June 2007, 17:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Fiesta TDCI is a lakh or so more from budget of 7L OTR
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 17:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
that is one aspect that i have always wondered about. most people claim simmilar F.E figures on the 1.6 and the 1.4!!!!
gemi - well, thats perplexing... one of the reasons that can happen is if the driver compensates for the lack of power by revving harder and thus pushing up fuel intake (like in the getz 1.1 vs 1.3)... however, the 1.4 duratec obviously isnt all that low on power, is it?

Last edited by spindoc : 27th June 2007 at 17:23. Reason: Quoted gemithomas
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 22:40   #27
BHPian

Aveo has got tubeless tyre even i was not aware but in a post ashu mentioned it and i got it checked today Aveo has tubeless tyres.

FE wise: on average its giving me constant 11+ and my first service is still due so i am expecting atleast 1 or 2 kms increase.

Price wise Aveo is cheapest package on what features it comes with. However i am not denying that fiesta or sx4 is bad car, in fact all three cars are good one... requirement matters
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Just found a review that the Fiesta 1.4 braking is really bad. I serached on carwale and saw that they mention a really high braking figures for the 80-0 range. They mentions that the car needs 60 meters to stop!!!. This is almost double that of the 1.6. I think this should be wrong. But could someone confirm on how good the brakes are on this car.
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:16   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just found a review that the Fiesta 1.4 braking is really bad. I serached on carwale and saw that they mention a really high braking figures for the 80-0 range. They mentions that the car needs 60 meters to stop!!!. This is almost double that of the 1.6. I think this should be wrong. But could someone confirm on how good the brakes are on this car.
Hi...

My family friend has Fiesta 1.4.

the car is in trivandrum itself, and is returning around 9-10 kmpl only. They took it to the Ford Service centre few times, but hasnt improved. Infact, they claim 9-10 kmpl is 'normal' for the Fiesta 1.4 in City conditions.

However, i have driven Fiesta 1.4, and it was nice to drive- typical ford! Didnt find such an issue with the brakes!

Anyways, my suggestion would be the SX4.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, i've been trying to convince my uncle not to go for the 1.4. The 1.6 gives back almost the same FE figures. But he is almost at the verge of bying the 1.4 as he says he does not have another option at around the 6L mark. He is getting around 30K offer on the Fiesta 1.4 ZXi. And this price is making it look really attractive to him. I am still in pursuit to make him change his mind.