Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th June 2007, 11:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Fiesta 1.4 Zxi Petrol

My uncle is planning on a Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol). I personally feel that its not worth paying that kind of money for this vehicle considering the high spare parts costs, the pathetic A. S.S, the interior space. At an OTR price of around 7L i think he could get something better.

He has owned 3 cars from Maruti till date and i seriously dont think he would now be able to digest the service levels that ford is offering.

Please help me on the pros and cons of owning the Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol). The expected F.E Figures. Please also help me with other alternatives at the same price range. ie.below 7L OTR.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 11:50   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
My uncle is planning on a Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol). I personally feel that its not worth paying that kind of money for this vehicle considering the high spare parts costs, the pathetic A. S.S, the interior space. At an OTR price of around 7L i think he could get something better.

He has owned 3 cars from Maruti till date and i seriously dont think he would now be able to digest the service levels that ford is offering.

Please help me on the pros and cons of owning the Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol). The expected F.E Figures. Please also help me with other alternatives at the same price range. ie.below 7L OTR.
I cannot comment if Ford/Ford Cars are that bad.. what say Ford car owners ?

If he is into Maruti products, why not SX4 ?
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 11:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

He is getting around 25k discount that is being offered to State Bank employees. Thats why this whole Fiesta Idea cropped up.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:59   #4
Team-BHP Support

Since i dont get my vehicle serviced at Kerala, cant comment on the after sales there, but for the car, i dont think he is making a bad decision.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 13:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

after some research i have found that the available options are the Fiesta 1.4, The Aveo 1.4 and the SX4 base variant.

Please help on choosing between them.

I find that the 1.4 zxi and the SX4 are both value for money products. Considering the 25k discount my uncle could get on the fiesta it makes even more sense. What do you guys say?

Last edited by gemithomas : 27th June 2007 at 13:16.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
after some research i have found that the available options are the Fiesta 1.4, The Aveo 1.4 and the SX4 base variant.

Please help on choosing between them
As I suggested in my earliar post, If maruti he is looking for then SX4 is the right choice followed by Fiesta and Aveo
Old 27th June 2007, 13:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

thanks navdeep for the quick response. He is just worried about the F.E figures the 1.6 engine of maruti would return. On the other hand he is expecting around 16-18 on the fiesta based on fords claims. I
Old 27th June 2007, 13:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
thanks navdeep for the quick response. He is just worried about the F.E figures the 1.6 engine of maruti would return. On the other hand he is expecting around 16-18 on the fiesta based on fords claims. I
As per the different threads running, SX4 FE lie between 11-12 but Fiesta 1.4 returning 16-18 is little too much. My friends has 1.4 its giving around 10.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:45   #9
BHPian

FE of 16 to 18 is not realistic. It may be giving that kind of mileage in the highway, but not in city. My friend's Fiesta gives around 11 (he also went for Fiesta thinking that it will give some magical mileage).

I guess with respect to FE, SX4 may be slightly less than Fiesta 1.4, but not much.

BTW, did any of you faced any problem with Fiesta w.r.t accelaration sometimes? My friend says, there is a problem & sometimes however hard you press accelarator the car will not go beyond 30 KMPH. It seems he has heard the same complaint from few others in his office. Any such "known" problem with Fiesta?

Indian
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 14:43   #10
Team-BHP Support

Gemi, the Fiesta will under no normal circumstances return 16-18 kmpl in city. Highways alone with low A/C usage, its possible.

Indian, the problem you mentioned hasnt been brought forward by anyone else on the forum so far.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 14:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
however hard you press accelarator the car will not go beyond 30 KMPH. It seems he has heard the same complaint from few others in his office. Any such "known" problem with Fiesta?
I think you are missing something. This may be due to some bad fuel.
Old 27th June 2007, 14:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Indian ask him to get his ecu checked. I've heard that Ford has some system in which if there is any malfunction you could drive the car only at certain speeds. This is done to help us drive to the service station. This system also kicks in in case of some brake problem or the drive by wire accelerator.

I think there should be some reference to this in the users manual.
Old 27th June 2007, 15:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Gemi, I would recommend Chevy Aveo!
VGIS Refined engine, fresh looks, decent GM service etc.
Not sure about the mileage though.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 15:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

finney. i did not count it coz i found that it does not have even tubeless tyres at that price. It also did not have an immobilizer. Something that i feel is necessary. Is the price of the Aveo a little bit too high for what thei offer?

Last edited by gemithomas : 27th June 2007 at 15:10.
Old 27th June 2007, 15:56   #15
RMB
BHPian

IMO, if space and GC are not an issue, then Fiesta should be perfect for him. SX4 has better GC, power and Maruti A.S.S. Looks are subjective..
RMB is offline   Reply With Quote