Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 22nd August 2007, 12:26   #91
BHPian

Congrats! Vishal,

Welcome to the club. Enjoy your new ride!
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Great, Vishal! Congrats and enjoy the drive!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 00:32   #93
BHPian

Vishal, Did you get the car yet? Waiting to hear about your Cedia experience.
wheelsNsqueals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 14:13   #94
BHPian

Yes I got the delivery on Thursday...its Mancester Red Sports !!!!

I'll keep you guys posted on experience and pics.

How about you, have you decided ??
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:16   #95
BHPian

Yes I booked the NHC Gxi yesterday from Arya Honda and accessorising it with leather seats, fog lights and woody finish etc. I will get it by 15th Sept, Ganesh Chaturthi day
Old 4th September 2007, 16:55   #96
BHPian

Thats Gr8 and congrats !!!

I am sure you will enjoy your new baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Yes I booked the NHC Gxi yesterday from Arya Honda and accessorising it with leather seats, fog lights and woody finish etc. I will get it by 15th Sept, Ganesh Chaturthi day
Old 4th September 2007, 21:50   #97
BHPian

Oh yes I am sure I will. I am doing up the interiors with leather and full woody finish cockpit. How's the Cedia doing? Have you taken her on highways? (no pun there )
Old 11th September 2007, 13:37   #98
BHPian

Guys, I have bit of problem here and need your suggestion.

Don't worry nothing wrong with Cedia or for that matter Metro Motor also.
Its the finance dealer which is creating problem.

I have got ICICI finance from one of its franchise and they offered me @14% rate with 4% cash payout.
All went fine till delivery and total disbursement.
But fewe days back; the finance guy told me he cannot give 4% cash payout and I should go with 3% payout and 1% inbuilt in EMI.

I was not happy with this and certainly not with such last minute change, so asked him to honour as promised.

Now he has come back and saying; he will honor it but he will cut TDS on the cash payout.

I haven't heard of TDS on cash payout; which are primarily a discount.

I am not really worried about the amount herer as it involve about 2-3K; but not happy at all with this un-professional behaviour.

Does any of the you had such experience or can anyone suggest anything for this scenario?
Old 11th September 2007, 19:43   #99
BHPian

hi the finance payout is given by the franchisee out of his commission which is a maximum of 4 % if he attains 1 crore business in a month. The commission is paid after deducting 20% tds which can be claimed after one year that too partly. Ask for 3.5% and done with it don't agree for tds cut payout.
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 00:54   #100

Default So confused! Aveo 1.6LT, SX4 ZXi, Verna XXi, NHC etc

Hi Everyone,

This my first post on this forum. I've been scouring the threads here for the past two weeks and have been really impressed by how helpful the members are.

I know this question has been asked and addressed before but I'm still trying to come to terms with what car I should go for. Here's my dilemma:

1. SX4 ZXi - looks the BEST on paper! however, when I test drove it a month back, I was really unimpressed with the interiors. Also, the AC really sucked! However, after reading all these great things about the SX4 from people online, I'm starting to doubt myself and its got me thinking that it might've been that particular test car that I drove. Can anyone comment on how good the leather version is?
2. Aveo 1.6LT (with options pack) - I haven't test driven this car. Again, looks fabulous on paper. But the online reviews I've read complain about patchy engine performance and a "notchy" gearbox (dunno what that means). I'm really impressed by the interiors though and I've owned an Opel Astra - love GM.
3. Verna XXi (top end) - I haven't test driven it yet. No airbags and the interiors don't appeal to me. However, I've heard from word of mouth that this car is a rocket. I've had a Santro before and I love Hyundai!
4. NHC GX - No airbags/ABS! However, the looks of this car really appeal to me. The car also felt wonderful to handle/drive during my test drive.

My needs are:
1. 25-50km average daily commute (FE is not my major concern)
2. Safety is a top priority for me (unfortunately, that seems to eliminate NHC)
3. I don't want to spend much more than 8L on-road.

One more question, do you know if the Aveo's integrated music system has an AUX port? Why doesn't anyone come out with a car with SX4's options, Cedia's engine and Aveo's interiors!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mod's Note: Please carry out a search to find a relevant thread to post, rather than opening a new thread on the same subject again and again.

Threads merged.
ishwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:23   #101
Senior - BHPian

1. If you are talking about plastic feel & touch, then agree with you. They could have been better. But it is not that bad as some people make out to be. Look wise, the dashboard is awesome, better than any competitor (ommitting Aveo 1.6 LT perhaps). Initial SX4 had problem with AC and clutch. I suspect, the demo car belongs to that lot and that's probably why you got that impression. I am from Delhi and AC is perfect.

2. Aveo 1.6LT is a good car and GM had improved the notchy gearbox recently. It is a also a good buy.

3. Well only the VGT variant (diesel) have a rocket engine. But it is more of an untamed horse. If you are a speed fan + travel more than 2500 kms a month + decent mileage, then worth a shot.

4. Except for the safety features + underpowered engine, this car is perfect.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Well I would say go for the SX4 Zxi or Verna .

SX4 is a beter package altogether as it has all the feature you can ask for - big tyres, ABS, Airbags, System, Elec ORVM etc etc.

Verna on the other hand has better quality interiors and a very very good engine BUT does not have Airbags - Though ABS Is an option and all around discs.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 13:44   #103

Default Cedia Spirit vs SX4

Hi Guys,
This is my fist post in Team-BHP, though I have been reading a lot over past 6 months. I own a Santro and now planning to upgrade. I have TD almost all cars in the range of 7 - 9L and have finally come down to SX4 and Cedia. Though Cedia is slightly over my budget. I'm not able to decide between the two and as someone has said before "heart says Cedia but head says SX4". The reasons why I'm confused are here... please help me decide.
1. Cedia is better handler / driving pleasure but a bit costly. (difference is almost around 1.3L OTR in Bangalore after considering all discounts)
2. Cost of ownership of Cedia will be higher than SX4 (not sure how much higher, if someone has done that kind of analysis can you please post)
3. The kit that comes with SX4 (specially the climate control and integrated stereo control on the stearing) is a big plus for SX4. Is it possible to fit climate control in Cedia at later point in time?
4. Quality of interiors are a big minus for SX4.
5. Back seat comfort in long drives with 2 + 1kid sitting is very important for me, I guess SX4 will be an issue here?
6. Rear view and reverse I hear is a big issue with SX4 though with my first TD did not give me too much of discomfort, but my basement parking slot is very tight and there it might be an issue. Can someone confirm this? With Cedia I was almost as comfortable reversing as with Santro.

Frankly, I think I'm looking for some very good reason which will convince me to go for Cedia Please help me figuring that out.
racer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 16:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Cedia... hands down. Its a way way better car than an SX4. Its much easier to drive too compared to the SX4. Climate control is unfortunately not possible in the Cedia. If you are too concerned about reversing, you might wanna install parking sensors. However in my relatively short TD of the SX4, I found it to be much more painful to drive in traffic.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 16:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

COmpletely Agree with reignofchaos there - Cedia wins hands down against SX4 - It is a completely different car there - much better than SX4.

Also nowadays Cedia is back in the market - selling way more than they used to.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote